Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eggy bread

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 09:07:14 PM
Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 09:03:56 PM
I was enquring on a teachers thread why staff training days are in term time.  I have no issues looking after my children at anytime the issue is the hassle of getting leave, which sometimes is difficult at short notice - you never answered my - have you many kids yourself ..?
no, we've none, we're in process of adopting at the minute, why?

I certainly don't think teachers are childminders or anything of the sort, a lot of parents however seem to think they are there to raise children.

Good luck with that process, and if successful you will then know that planning is needed for all child care arrangements, you may just have a different attitude of parenting rather than the pure hatred of everything parental and child based that you have spouted over the years.

On the other point I am not one of those parents or know of anyone of that ilk and take exception to be categorized as one.

Milltown Row2

eggy. already said that teachers are parents also and need to arrange child minders also, so they also have the same problem you have.

and if you have a problem with that you shouldn't have had kids in the first place.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

pintsofguinness

Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 09:15:22 PM
I was enquring on a teachers thread why staff training days are in term time.  I have no issues looking after my children at anytime the issue is the hassle of getting leave, which sometimes is difficult at short notice - you never answered my - have you many kids yourself ..?

I certainly don't think teachers are childminders or anything of the sort, a lot of parents however seem to think they are there to raise children.

Good luck with that process, and if successful you will then know that planning is needed for all child care arrangements, you may just have a different attitude of parenting rather than the pure hatred of everything parental and child based that you have spouted over the years.

On the other point I am not one of those parents or know of anyone of that ilk and take exception to be categorized as one.
I know exactly what is needed, thank you. You're the one complaining about looking after your own children
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

eggy bread

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2010, 09:24:33 PM
eggy. already said that teachers are parents also and need to arrange child minders also, so they also have the same problem you have.

and if you have a problem with that you shouldn't have had kids in the first place.

Bit of an extreme view for asking why do teachers have staff training days during term time do you not think?

eggy bread

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 09:30:30 PM

I know exactly what is needed, thank you. You're the one complaining about looking after your own children

I would ask you to put up or shut up with that comment, I have stated my annoynance at short notice for staff training days and asked why they are in school time. 

eggy bread

Quote from: Take Your Points on June 05, 2010, 08:27:09 PM
Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 07:16:35 PM
I was referring to holiday probably from a students perspective, I am not a teacher, my contract stipulates 25 days annual leave, does a teachers stipulate then 60 or 70 or whatever all the non-term time adds up to and can none of this non term time not be used for staff training?  They seem to yap enough if you upset them by taking your child out of school for a day whilst on an overseas holiday but all parents can whistle and arrange child care at the drop of a hat when they require "training".

A teacher's contract is not as good as yours by the sounds of it.  Teachers are only employed for 195 days per year on a daily rate.  By law, those employed on at least a yearly contract must be paid over twelve months, no payment for holidays.  In the not too distant past, teachers were paid over ten months or the school year. They don't have the opportunity to work 235 days like you.  While you have 25 days annual leave you also have at least 12 statutory holidays per annum.

The regulation on term time holidays for families is determined not by teachers but the Dept of Education.  Term time holidays have a seriously detrimental effect on a child's education, almost as much as the summer holidays.

Sorry with pints complaining about parents as usual (at least he's not advocating whacking toddlers this time) I didn't get to say thanks for this answer.

Milltown Row2

no not really eggy, listen to yourself.

teachers have those training days at the drop of a hat cause ideas happen and schools want to employ those policies during the year. not the following year!!

to be honest your being very petty, the training days are to help YOUR kids develop.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gaffer

Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 09:37:42 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 09:30:30 PM

I would ask you to put up or shut up with that comment, I have stated my annoynance at short notice for staff training days and asked why they are in school time.

training days are an integral part of the  school year
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

eggy bread

Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 06:41:52 PM
For any teachers why are staff training days in schools always during term time and on a Friday?  Surely to God the 4 months odd they are off a year training could be penciled in here, there must be at least 2 / 3 every term.

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 05, 2010, 09:44:55 PM

teachers have those training days at the drop of a hat cause ideas happen and schools want to employ those policies during the year. not the following year!!

to be honest your being very petty, the training days are to help YOUR kids develop.

That is my original statement - take pints anti parenting posts out and my replies to his anti parenting posts - what am i being petty about?

sammymaguire

teachers do get it handy, thats why so many women get into it  :o  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 10:03:27 PM
For any teachers why are staff training days in schools always during term time and on a Friday?  Surely to God the 4 months odd they are off a year training could be penciled in here, there must be at least 2 / 3 every term.

That is my original statement - take pints anti parenting posts out and my replies to his anti parenting posts - what am i being petty about?
excuse me, you're the one complaining about looking after your children

eggy bread

Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 05, 2010, 10:09:47 PM
Quote from: eggy bread on June 05, 2010, 10:03:27 PM

excuse me, you're the one complaining about looking after your children

Again put up or shut up with this comment.

pintsofguinness

I dont know what you mean by that

eggy bread

Point out where I complained about looking after my childern. 

JimStynes

Starting a PGCE Primary in September, anyone done the Catholic Teachers certificate before?