Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windmill abu

QuoteIf majority of teachers decide to strike then there will be no pupils  giving the non strikers a handy day of it !

Since when has crossing a picket line become a handy day of it?
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Gaffer

Quote from: Windmill abu on November 26, 2011, 01:43:22 AM
QuoteIf majority of teachers decide to strike then there will be no pupils  giving the non strikers a handy day of it !

Since when has crossing a picket line become a handy day of it?

They drive to school as normal, park the car , walk in and presumably walk to their classrooms. No pupils today however! Handy day.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Gaffer

Quote from: Take Your Points on November 26, 2011, 11:13:13 PM
McCormick Cup final  and the MacRory Cup playoffs being played on Tuesday because of the strike!  Should have put them on Wednesday morning when the lads would be off school anyway.  Quite a few parents would be off to see the games.

Wopuld the teachers in charge of those teams not be on strike on Wednesday thereby unable to take the teams?

Minder

John O'Dowd won't cross the picket line yet voted for increased contributions to public sector pensions  ???
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on November 26, 2011, 11:28:27 PM
John O'Dowd won't cross the picket line yet voted for increased contributions to public sector pensions  ???
Day off.

Minder

The thing about that vote was the result was not made public for a full month and there is hardly a peep about it, SF and DUP seem to only want to be associated with giveaways and good news stories. I can guarantee you there will be SF and DUP representatives showing "solidarity" on the picket line on Wednesday. In fairness they reckon you get the government you deserve.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on November 26, 2011, 11:53:02 PM
The thing about that vote was the result was not made public for a full month and there is hardly a peep about it, SF and DUP seem to only want to be associated with giveaways and good news stories. I can guarantee you there will be SF and DUP representatives showing "solidarity" on the picket line on Wednesday. In fairness they reckon you get the government you deserve.
At the same time as voting for it they were on the news all week saying they were against it. To be fair to them I think the idea of waiving the changes for those earning under £32k is a good one.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 27, 2011, 12:07:57 AM
At the same time as voting for it they were on the news all week saying they were against it. To be fair to them I think the idea of waiving the changes for those earning under £32k is a good one.

It's a good idea that they know will never see the light of day.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on November 27, 2011, 12:17:19 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 27, 2011, 12:07:57 AM

It's a good idea that they know will never see the light of day.
Stormont ministers in populist grandstanding shocker!

ONeill

Quote from: Take Your Points on November 26, 2011, 11:45:01 PM
The Scottish Assembly simply ignored the demands from the Treasury in London and looked after their public sector workers who are among the lowest paid.

I thought the Scots went ahead with govt plans.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Forever Green

Lucky you`s have a f**king job unlike a lot of people. Quit whinging and just get the f**k on with it

Milltown Row2

I've two pensions from different jobs over the years. Worth fook all, invest your money over the years and hope it makes you enough to retire on. Otherwise your fooked.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

Inspection over!!! Thank fook for that, very intense, can't remember them being so intense before. Sat in 4 of my classes!!! Kids were great in fairness and considering the type of lads that we get very well behaved.

Of course you have your scheme of work and lesson plans ready but not once during the lessons did they ask for them. They all dressed like undertakers and you couldn't drag a conversation out of them outside of what they were looking for.

Questioning the kids i believe is part of the process but how they question them and the type of questions leave a lot to be desired.

So the score will be given tomorrow. So I may be looking a job somewhere soon :P
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gaffer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 01, 2011, 08:30:14 PM
Inspection over!!! Thank fook for that, very intense, can't remember them being so intense before. Sat in 4 of my classes!!! Kids were great in fairness and considering the type of lads that we get very well behaved.

Of course you have your scheme of work and lesson plans ready but not once during the lessons did they ask for them. They all dressed like undertakers and you couldn't drag a conversation out of them outside of what they were looking for.

Questioning the kids i believe is part of the process but how they question them and the type of questions leave a lot to be desired.

So the score will be given tomorrow. So I may be looking a job somewhere soon :P

MR, are you primary or secondary?

Milltown Row2

Training college, 16 up. Engineering