Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dunsilly King

Watched the streamed game, enjoyed it, and congratulations to Casements, but I have to confess as the game moved on and went into injury time I could feel myself getting massively frustrated at players and clubs having to endure the shit facilities. Are our CB brain dead, a game that was streamed for all to see us (Co Antrim) taking penalties in the fecking dark, totally embarrassment. Cargin, Portglenone, Ahoghill and The Dub have lights. In a rush to get the championship done by 20th September, although we have up to the 14th October. An extra week to use those pitches that have lights rather than this embarrassment. like seriously wtf

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Calm Down on September 02, 2020, 03:44:11 PM
Any word on when the IFC semi finals are due to be played?

we have been told that our game v Ballymena is Tuesday the 8th at 7:15pm in Ahoghill

No idea about the other one.
hurl like f**k boi!

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Dunloy realist on September 02, 2020, 04:02:35 PM
Quote from: Calm Down on September 02, 2020, 03:44:11 PM
Any word on when the IFC semi finals are due to be played?

we have been told that our game v Ballymena is Tuesday the 8th at 7:15pm in Ahoghill

No idea about the other one.

Same night and time in Portglenone
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

Free in Big Hoof too...and a  tenner to get out lol.

gallsman

Some of Eamonn McAuley's match report has (allegedly) been leaked, detailing abuse he (allegedly) received from St. Gall's players, substitutes and spectators. Nasty and unnecessary affair.

bannside

It was tight alright. We have been on the wrong end of a few tight ones against St Galls without managing to get over the line, including losing 3 county finals to them, so thats what was most important to be honest. To Portglenone its a milestone reached/achieved, and our hunger to do that was as much a testimony to the respect we have had for St Galls as being the outstanding team for a generation. The victory for us probably meant more than the defeat to St Galls from that perspective.

Of course its not the St Galls of ten years ago when they were in their pomp, but the inability to beat them when it mattered most was a statistic that dragged on for a long time.

This Casements team are out to make their own mark and if its not this year hopefully it wont be too far down the line. (If there are half a dozen clubs thinking the same thing it can only be good for Antrim football).

bannside

Brothers on team PJ.
Mc Aleese, Convery, Hagan,  Kelly and Delargy.

Calm Down

Quote from: gallsman on September 02, 2020, 11:01:39 PM
Some of Eamonn McAuley's match report has (allegedly) been leaked, detailing abuse he (allegedly) received from St. Gall's players, substitutes and spectators. Nasty and unnecessary affair.

I have seen the actual leak and confirm that if what is written is true, which I have no reason to believe otherwise then the people mentioned get what they deserve

asaffgael

Was this after the game?

I thought the referee had a good enough game. Few debatable calls either way but that is always the case as both sides will always have a different opinion.

bannside

Tony the great would be their uncle PJ. Young Ryan shaping up particularly well, wouldnt be at least surprised to see him in Saffron in the next year or two.

Calm Down

Quote from: referee on September 03, 2020, 06:35:24 PM
Is the green army going to be stopped fellas,going along nicely,DC going for 3 in a row

Hard to see them being stopped, only thing that might catch them out is that they have not had a dogfight yet this year

Belfast GAA man

Is the green army going to be stopped fellas,going along nicely,DC going for 3 in a row
3 in a row yeah his house extension must be some size now

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Calm Down on September 03, 2020, 06:50:22 PM

Hard to see them being stopped, only thing that might catch them out is that they have not had a dogfight yet this year
it took 2 finals and 2 extra times to separate them Last Year so i'd say it will be clsoe again

paddyjohn

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on September 04, 2020, 08:56:50 AM
3 in a row yeah his house extension must be some size now

I heard he paid for the new development.

Dreen

DC still coaches teams in his own club every year too, fair play to him