Info on Óisín McConville

Started by Donagh, November 13, 2006, 04:02:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

My niece is doing an Irish assignment on the Crossmaglen sharpshooter. Anyone have any links to biographical information or good articles?

Over the Bar

Ring Ma Kearney's in Cross and ask about him.

Smokin Joe

A starting point is that he's definitely older than the 28 or 29 that you see quoted in programmes.

brokencrossbar1

Over the bar, shut your mouth >:(

Have no links Donagh just many interesting facts and anecdotes lodged somewhere in the recesses of my brain.  A few pints of guinness are a great way to release them :P

Joe, I will not say what age he is other than to state he was in my class in school and I am 31 in a few weeks and I was one of the younger ones of us ;)

Donagh

Thanks lads but I'd already seen those two links – they don't give much away (and the Hoganstand one is from 1995). Fecking teenage infatuations...

lurganblue

i dunno much about his personal life and dont really care to be honest but i think someone should look into the obvious rise in the number of babies being called oisin since his rise to "fame"...

a statistics research question could be completed on this very subject...  ;D

Smokin Joe

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on November 14, 2006, 11:44:28 AM

Joe, I will not say what age he is other than to state he was in my class in school and I am 31 in a few weeks and I was one of the younger ones of us ;)

I am 30 in a few weeks and he joined our year in St Pats having come from the year above in Newry.  So at least my logic was spot on. ;D

Lurganblue, you are on the money with the name Oisin.  We had a child born last year and my wife had said that if it was a boy she liked the name Oisin.  I told her I didn't want that name  as practically 50% of under 7 year old boys in Armagh seem to be called Oisin.

Donagh, a bit of work on the name Oisin in recent years with the Register of births might reveal something interesting for the project, though I have no idea how accessable that info is.

Norf Tyrone

Just noticed this topic from last year....

Donagh your niece wasn't writing a book was she???
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

High Catch

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 07, 2007, 01:06:01 AM

Very good

Balboa

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 07, 2007, 01:06:01 AM

Just noticed it from last year.  you really must have loads to do

mannix

Name: Oisin McConville:
Nationality: Irish
Race: White with spots on his nose
Weight: Depending on book sales will gain a few pounds
Characteristics: Has been known to kick a ball over and under goalposts
Enemies: Tyrone players that called him names
Accolades:All ireland senior club and county medals
Appearance:Sometimes dresses as a Kilkenny hurler when playing football(to fool his opponents),otherwise in a hideous orange outfit to blind his opponents via corneal refractory dilation.
Whereabouts:Unknown,but likely at Easons signing books

Your mission should you accept it is to block or stop him scoring and not have a chapter in his next book written about you.
Good luck.

armaghniac

Has Balboa, Over the Bar or some of the other charming and erudite posters here been mucking about with McConville's Wikipedia entry? While he wouldn't stoop to some of the comments made, I am pretty sure Kerry Mike would be in sympathy with the person who highlighted  the One and one only All-Ireland in Wikipedia.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Kerry Mike

QuoteI am pretty sure Kerry Mike would be in sympathy with the person who highlighted  the One and one only All-Ireland

Yerra what am I being accused of now. T'wasn't me anyway, but I am sure Oisin is very proud of his wan medal as well he should be.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football