The Sunday Game

Started by Jinxy, May 11, 2008, 10:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Malachy O Rourke a panelist. Will be interesting.

Sportacus

Sunday Game competition should be open to Northern viewers.

sambostar

Des asks MOR re Monaghan losing 1st game of Super8's last year. "No Des, we won it". Then Des mumbles something about it must have been 2 years ago. Even though there was no Super8 2 years ago. He is so amateurish

WT4E

You can see why MOR is a top manager.... Some great analysis.

BennyCake

Quote from: Sportacus on July 07, 2019, 10:32:00 PM

Ah they can shove their hotel break up their hole.

blewuporstuffed

Whats the easiest way of accessing the RTE player in the north?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

RedHand88

Quote from: sambostar on July 07, 2019, 11:51:41 PM
Des asks MOR re Monaghan losing 1st game of Super8's last year. "No Des, we won it". Then Des mumbles something about it must have been 2 years ago. Even though there was no Super8 2 years ago. He is so amateurish

It was cringe. Wouldn't happen on sky eh...

Captain Scarlet

Not arsed doing a new thread but this kinda fits in with the Sunday Game one...
There is massive cost to putting live TV in play, but I don't understand how come there is no deal for online channels with RTE...
TG4 had the minor games on and if you look at Camogie Association and LGFA, who hardly are swimming in coin, they seem to do lots of FB Live and YouTube broadcasts.

I know the GAA call a lot of what can be put on, but even going forward could the counties who have decent online elements eg Meath GAA TV not be allowed to broadcast games and sell ads on their own games?
If they got a decent crew in, they in turn sell it on to RTE for highlights...

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

highorlow

QuoteI know the GAA call a lot of what can be put on, but even going forward could the counties who have decent online elements eg Meath GAA TV not be allowed to broadcast games and sell ads on their own games?
If they got a decent crew in, they in turn sell it on to RTE for highlights...

That would probably sabotage the GAAGO thing that RTE somewhat devised and is a big enough earner for them.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Captain Scarlet

Geo-block it for just the Island of Ireland.
GAA Go only works if you are abroad anyway. To be honest eventually they will go down that route of having their own channel with an annual fee.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

imtommygunn

The competition was only available to the 26 counties >:(

seafoid

Quote from: Sportacus on July 07, 2019, 10:32:00 PM
It wasn't part of the GFA apparently
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BennyHarp

Great analysis again on the Sunday game. I'm sure everyone is much more enlightened on Tyrone's tactics after that diagram by Thomas O'Se. Also "over emotion" was the reason Roscommon lost. Something for them to work on.
That was never a square ball!!

nrico2006

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 14, 2019, 10:57:30 PM
Great analysis again on the Sunday game. I'm sure everyone is much more enlightened on Tyrone's tactics after that diagram by Thomas O'Se. Also "over emotion" was the reason Roscommon lost. Something for them to work on.

I laughed at Brolly adding up the potential chances and scores that could have won Roscommon the game yet he didn't factor in the same chances that Tyrone had. Tube.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

clarshack

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 14, 2019, 11:03:56 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 14, 2019, 10:57:30 PM

I laughed at Brolly adding up the potential chances and scores that could have won Roscommon the game yet he didn't factor in the same chances that Tyrone had. Tube.

Exactly. We had plenty of missed chances too.