Cavan v Tyrone - 5pm, Clones, Sat 6th July

Started by tyroneman, July 01, 2019, 12:38:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Mickey Harte's team talk: "lads it's Cavan."

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Angelo on July 04, 2019, 11:34:42 AM
Same XV as against Kildare? What you reckon lads?

It was great to see Meyler back, he really adds a tempo and vibrancy to the side. It would be harsh to drop anyone on the back of that performance. I presume Cassidy is fit?

Can't see too many changes after a good performance the last night. I don't think Kennedy has done enough to nail down a starting spot at this stage but Harte seems to be persisting with him, I assume he's hoping for gradual improvement as we'll need big men in the middle if want to pressure the big teams kickouts if go further in the championship. He also had a specific job for him v the Dubs in the league. If we were to see a change there you'd imagine if any of Hampsey, R Donnelly or McCann were fit enough they'd be the most likely to come into the team.

Hugh Pat comes in and out of the team but probably has did enough to keep his place for now. Cassidy didn't look great going of the last day and a week is a quick turnaround so wouldn't be shocked if he doesn't start.

Fuzzman

A few of ye a bit tetchy there about me mentioning a top 6 as if the top 6 are all of the same standard.
As someone said Dubs out on their own as we ALL already know and then maybe Kerry and Mayo some would still say, just from previous years and then maybe Donegal and Tyrone.
But l think a lot of teams just hold back until the last 8 now before they start to show their true form.
Donegal would be most people's No 2 on current form this year but many of us would say Mayo are still the only team to really put it up to the Dubs the last 4 or 5 years.

Rossie's probably not too pleased about not getting enough credit for winning Connacht but their performance in the Super 8s will be a true reflection of where they are at. Should they beat Cork and Cavan they will through to a semi.

Rossfan

We'd be hoping to be competitive in the last 8 this year unlike last year.
As for not getting credit...sure we're used to that.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Itchy

Quote from: cavanmaniac on July 05, 2019, 02:35:40 AM
One of the main positives about playing Tyrone in a championship match is a vibrant, active thread like this with lots to read to shorten bus journeys.

After that, I'm struggling.

Tyrone are rightly strong favourites however there are some reasons for optimism from cavan perspective. Last year with a clueless manager we had Tyrone under pressure, in particular Gearoid McKiernan dominated ctr field so that is in him. Secondly I think our backs can match up fairly well to Tyrone forwards. Faulkner on mcshane, McLoughlin on mccurry and maybe Clarke to follow Harte. I also hear the lads knocking lumps out of each other in training. I'm expecting cavan to really give this a go. I don't believe Tyrone are as good as Donegal but I do believe they are a top 4 team. It's a massive chance for cavan to take a major scalp.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Itchy on July 05, 2019, 12:29:28 PM
Quote from: cavanmaniac on July 05, 2019, 02:35:40 AM
One of the main positives about playing Tyrone in a championship match is a vibrant, active thread like this with lots to read to shorten bus journeys.

After that, I'm struggling.

Tyrone are rightly strong favourites however there are some reasons for optimism from cavan perspective. Last year with a clueless manager we had Tyrone under pressure, in particular Gearoid McKiernan dominated ctr field so that is in him. Secondly I think our backs can match up fairly well to Tyrone forwards. Faulkner on mcshane, McLoughlin on mccurry and maybe Clarke to follow Harte. I also hear the lads knocking lumps out of each other in training. I'm expecting cavan to really give this a go. I don't believe Tyrone are as good as Donegal but I do believe they are a top 4 team. It's a massive chance for cavan to take a major scalp.

Great stuff a bhuachaill, that's what it's all about.

Honestly, I can't see Cavan doing what they haven't done since 1983 against ourselves, but by jeez there's always a place for such pollyanna passion, and we'll need to be at our tip-top, no mistake! :)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Westside

Don't see a way for Cavan to win this game but I think we'll be closer to them than were to Donegal. Really hope we go out and absolutely tear into them. Shake things up and get in their faces. Another claw back of a potential hammering and 'moral victory' counts for SFA. We need to be in the game at the 50 minute mark and take some risks. If we let them waltz through our defensive third as we did to Armagh and Donegal and if we can't get our shit together on our own kickouts, Tyrone will run in a few goals and it'll all be over early.

armaghniac

Cavan disappointing here. Tyrone are only moderate, but Cavan are not putting it up to them at all.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tyrone08

Never used to mind cavan but they are nothing but dirt dirty  tr**ps. How they havent got a man sent off yet I dont know. Melyer  has been battered a few times.

Walter Cronc

Meyler hitting the deck and faking injury. An absolute gypsy of a player!!!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: tyrone08 on July 06, 2019, 05:29:19 PM
Never used to mind cavan but they are nothing but dirt dirty  tr**ps. How they havent got a man sent off yet I dont know. Melyer  has been battered a few times.

Did you miss his swan dive you head banger

tyrone08

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 06, 2019, 05:30:26 PM
Quote from: tyrone08 on July 06, 2019, 05:29:19 PM

Did you miss his swan dive you head banger

Was this the swan dive when he got punched in the jaw after ball had been played??

red hander

Men against boys. How is mcvitty still on pitch?. Glad we're still pissing off the inbreds

Rudi

Watching this game as a neutral, complete and utter scutter.  Cavan clueless going forward, Tyrone bringing the game to new depths of cynicism,  a horrible horrible side ironically coached by a holy Joe. They are a collective cancer on the game, the referee has done nothing to stamp out their cynical play.

square_ball

Quote from: Walter Cronc on July 06, 2019, 05:29:53 PM
Meyler hitting the deck and faking injury. An absolute gypsy of a player!!!

You've had a nightmare there Walter.