The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitegoodman

100% agree.  He is the wrong side of 30 as well which isn't great for a winger.  Larmour and Stockdale for me on the wings when both fit.

Gmac

Rugby boys should bring in a good gaa player to show them how to block down  a ball always been a pet peeve of mine how they try block a kick .

Rudi

Ireland playing very well after 20.

seafoid

The talent pool isn't that deep. Rugby needs a feed from the Gaelic Football pool to be consistent.

Most Gah players won't win anything under Rex Dublinus.

Burns misses a penalty. Sexton is concussed.

seafoid

Quote from: Gmac on February 14, 2021, 03:22:18 PM
Rugby boys should bring in a good gaa player to show them how to block down  a ball always been a pet peeve of mine how they try block a kick .

https://youtu.be/OCCN2ouFp5M

weareros

Jaysus, after Ireland dominate, France get the try with a man in sin bin. But saw no clear evidence to overturn Lowe's try.

Estimator

Quote from: weareros on February 14, 2021, 03:37:46 PM
Jaysus, after Ireland dominate, France get the try with a man in sin bin. But saw no clear evidence to overturn Lowe's try.

They had footage of his right foot going into touch before the grounding.
Ulster League Champions 2009

Rudi

Very unlucky to be 7 down. Box kicks and general kicking game working well. Lowe unlucky.

marty34

Quote from: Estimator on February 14, 2021, 03:39:39 PM
Quote from: weareros on February 14, 2021, 03:37:46 PM

They had footage of his right foot going into touch before the grounding.

Yeah, right foot touched the line but a great effort by Lowe - nearly made it.

Ireland be very disappointed especially with a man up plushaving loads of possession.

All to play for.

seafoid

You wouldn't begrudge France a World Cup. They remind me of Down or Galway. Can be shite for years but when they get a team together they know what to do.

quit yo jibbajabba

Think alls this Irish teams missin is a couple of French players

Gmac

Look at the French try when they are tackled there's a man on the shoulder of the ball carrier the tackled player gets ball in free hand and flips to player on shoulder they can do 2 things at once , when Irish player breaks and gets tackled he tries to get to ground followed by ruck slower ball and very energy sapping type of game , lack of pace has always been Ireland's problem too .

thewobbler

It's not a lack of pace, it's a fear of making mistakes.

sid waddell

With these sort of handling errors, Ireland should be sponsored by Kerrygold

whitegoodman

Lowe defensively is brutal, couldn't tackle a fish supper