Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: michaelg on March 09, 2013, 08:00:47 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 09, 2013, 07:43:07 PM
Quote from: CorkMan on March 09, 2013, 07:17:47 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 09, 2013, 06:56:26 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on March 09, 2013, 06:51:07 PM
Some baffling decisions in that game
By ref, players or management? Poor second half.

Ref. Thought the decision at the scrum that led to the French try was pretty bad. Kidney's decision to take off Murray was appalling. It wasn't a day for someone like Reddan and Murray was running the show.

Murray got MOTM on BBC and that was only after playing 60 odd minutes, not sure if its a pre determined move irrespective how the games going, but folly in my mind.
Although he had a decent game when he was on today (Half-decent box kicks and all that), but he is so frustrating in his delay in getting the ball out - He seems to slow up play all the time.
I agree, I think Murray's play was vastly over-stated. He played well, one of his best Ireland games, but he still made plenty of errors and his weaknesses remain his weaknesses.

BTW, it was Ralph Keyes who made the decision to give Murray the RBS man of the match award. BBC have to go along with it, they can't give an alternative man of the match.

Personally I thought the best 3 players on the pitch were O'Mahoney, Heaslip and Picamoles. 

Quote from: trileacman on March 10, 2013, 10:04:38 AM
Yeah Jackson took it on, shit himself and chucked it out to Kearney. When it's obvious that the dg isn't on, you just can't chuck it out to the full-back on the half-way and tell him to put it over. Waste of good possesion=Jackson's fault.
Jackson made the correct decision not to attempt a DG as he would have been blocked down. And if he'd let himself be tackled it would have been a turnover as he would have been swallowed up with no support. It was absolutely the correct decision to play it back to Kearney. The decision by Kearney to try a DG from that distance off his weak foot was appaling though. He should have just kicked and chased or tried to find touch. Pity, as Kearney had been playing well up to that point.

ludermor

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/impressive-individual-performances-decorate-big-collective-irish-effort-1.1321894

The collective effort was studded with huge individual games. Cian Healy, Donnacha Ryan, Sean O'Brien and Peter O'Mahony (probably Ireland's player of the tournament) were outstanding as usual, while Jamie Heaslip was an inspiring leader. Paddy Jackson looked the part – landing a fine conversion and two 47 metre penalties – as again did Luke Marshall. Rob Kearney was back to his best too.

Declan

Liked this one from Des Cahill.

Ronaldo? No, Rob Kearney back when he played a real sport!

Declan

DanCarter @Dan Carter Yeah I've given it a go but think I'll stick to rugby

Think the lads may need the hurls in Rome tomorrow to beat the Italians

oakleaflad

Sexton out for 4 to 6 weeks with foot injury, Jackson to start at 10 against Italy with Madigan on the bench. Looks like the injury was worse than first thought.

Gabriel_Hurl

Got myself tickets to the Ireland vs Canada game in June yesterday  :)

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 15, 2013, 02:38:13 PM
Got myself tickets to the Ireland vs Canada game in June yesterday  :)

With injuries and the Lions there could be a fair few missing!

tyroneboi

Jeez this version of Irelands Call is really getting the pulses racing!!

Celt_Man

Unbelievable stuff in Rome...

Ireland have more wounded after that first half than after the Battle of Clontarf...

But Parisse after getting the bin and Jackson kicked the penalty 16 - 9

Still a chance...
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

seafoid

Jackson with another penalty. Fair play to him .

seafoid

22-15

Defined by injuries, this season.
Sad note for BoD if this is his last match.   

screenexile

Jesus this is serious stuff going on at the minute... Great game!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: screenexile on March 16, 2013, 05:40:29 PM
Jesus this is serious stuff going on at the minute... Great game!

Unreal. Sweating just from watching it. Any NFL fan should be made watch this to see real physicality!

Tony Baloney

Aaron Boone

Zebo's flck was something else. We have that memory at least.