The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: man in black on December 22, 2008, 02:32:48 PM
Lads, placing bets on tips from an internet board poster who works for / is a bookie.......................
Get a titter of wit ;D

I work for a bookie, I don't own a bookies, so how could I benefit from giving people a tip on here??

Plus I very much doubt it would be helping my boss as he only has five offices, in and around Lurgan whereas most on here punt online.

If you look through my history you will see I have give enough winners, I would probably be in profit for a level stake, don't take that as gospel though

I have hardly infiltrated the board in order to get money for myself, wind your neck in you tit

man in black

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 22, 2008, 03:54:10 PM
Lads, placing bets on tips from an internet board poster who works for / is a bookie.......................
Get a titter of wit ;D

I work for a bookie

Ah the sweet smell of success.
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: man in black on December 22, 2008, 04:05:06 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 22, 2008, 03:54:10 PM
Get a titter of wit ;D

I work for a bookie

Ah the sweet smell of success.

Ive never hid that I work for a bookie, what difference does that make? I am not a bookie, the moeny doesn't go in my pocket, I am a punter like the other people on this thread.

Mickey Linden

After doubling Kauto with Binocular on saturday, the horse is either going to make or break my christmas.
What do u lads think? will he win?

SidelineKick

Nail is out for himself trying to make the most for his bookies in the knowledge once the owner kicks the bucket Nail will be in line to get one in the will.

Nail is a fraud.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

boojangles

Quote from: Mickey Linden on December 22, 2008, 04:22:22 PM
After doubling Kauto with Binocular on saturday, the horse is either going to make or break my christmas.
You have Binocular from last Saturday I presume.I think its gonna win.11/8 is just too big.Kauto is a stone better on ratings when running right handed(like Kempton) He is going for 3-in a row and Nicholls will be mad to win this after failing in a lot of the big races so far this season.Ruby is back on top and I have never seen Kauto run 2 bad races in a row.
Look at the opposition and I cant see anything that can take it on if Kauto gets in its stride.Im a wee bit worried about ImperiaL Commander,he could improve again and has been supported but this should be a step too far.Poor Exotic Dancer altho I would love to see him do it,seems to be gettin further away.Voy Por Ustedes is hit and miss(has it run since beating Master Minded at Aintree?) but you couldnt be confident on it.Air Force One is a good horse but still has a bit to find.
I suppose if only it was that simple we'd all be at it.I doubled Kauto last Stephens Day with Harchibald in the Xmas Hurdle but that p***k Carberry let me down as usual.Not making the same mistake this year.A big Singles bet on Kauto Star at 11/8.HAPPY xMAS.

winsamsoon

the only danger Kauto has are the dangers he has always had the fences. If he jumps well he wins it is as simple as that.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

winsamsoon

Maybe i shouldn't post here as my friend is a bookies  :D :D :D Oh and i also work for one   :o :o :o
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: winsamsoon on December 22, 2008, 05:10:24 PM
Maybe i shouldn't post here as my friend is a bookies  :D :D :D Oh and i also work for one   :o :o :o

No you will probably be trying to get them into your or your friends bookies win. Its all a conspiracy

milltown row

that must be a wind up lads, people give out the tips all the time, if they win everyones your mate, if not, well tough shite. free will and all that. keep the tips coming

for tonights game Cahill is 4/1 to score at anytime

for Chelsea, Lampard is 2/1 to score at any time

Fill your boots, owe and my Grandad (RIP) was a bookie

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: boojangles on December 22, 2008, 04:41:32 PM
You have Binocular from last Saturday I presume.I think its gonna win.11/8 is just too big.Kauto is a stone better on ratings when running right handed(like Kempton) He is going for 3-in a row and Nicholls will be mad to win this after failing in a lot of the big races so far this season.Ruby is back on top and I have never seen Kauto run 2 bad races in a row.
Look at the opposition and I cant see anything that can take it on if Kauto gets in its stride.Im a wee bit worried about ImperiaL Commander,he could improve again and has been supported but this should be a step too far.Poor Exotic Dancer altho I would love to see him do it,seems to be gettin further away.Voy Por Ustedes is hit and miss(has it run since beating Master Minded at Aintree?) but you couldnt be confident on it.Air Force One is a good horse but still has a bit to find.
I suppose if only it was that simple we'd all be at it.I doubled Kauto last Stephens Day with Harchibald in the Xmas Hurdle but that p***k Carberry let me down as usual.Not making the same mistake this year.A big Singles bet on Kauto Star at 11/8.HAPPY xMAS.

I think Exotic Dancer is swerving the King George in favour of the Lexus at leopardstown a few days later
Barry Simpson, racing manager to owner Sir Robert Ogden, said: "Voy Por Ustedes is a definite runner but at this stage I'm favouring the Lexus Chase for Exotic Dancer, but we will probably keep him in at the 48-hour declaration stage because you never know what can happen with the weather, and we still have to make travel arrangements, the only day he can travel apparently is Tuesday, so we need to get things moving.

"I'm convinced Exotic Dancer is better going left handed, he's not won at Kempton before and I think the Lexus would be a better race for him."

As fir Voy Por, it has had one run back in October, the Old Roan at Aintree, where it was beat by Knowhere, came fourth in the race behind Exotic Dancer and Snoopy Loopy also... Was top weight in this race though and but for a bad mistake two out could have won the race. Though I think the horse is more suited by two and a half (beat Master Minded at Aintree over this distance) rather than the three miles at Kempton.

I think Kauto will take all the beating, as long as the tough Kempton fences don't get him... I will be investing my money on him completing the hat trick this year, think Tidal Bay, last years Arkle winner, will chase him home...

Homer

Have gone for a wee Christmas bookie bashing treble  :P

King George -  Kauto Star (11/8)
Lexus Chase - Neptunes Collonges (6/4)
December Hurdle - Sizing Europe (6/4)

jaykay

Anyone hear Don McClean on The Last Word last night, he did a brief preview of Lepordstown.  He was very keen on Tharawat in the Juvinile Hurldle, Made in Taipan,Trafford Lad and War of Attrition.  He also gave a mention to Air Force One in the King George.

Homer

A guy takes his monthly wages and heads to the bookies after work. He backs a few horses but they all finish second so he increases his stakes and backs a few more. They too finish second. Coming to the last race of the evening, he realises he has feck all money left and his wife is going to be majorly pissed off with him, but he can't go home with just what he has left so he sticks it all on a 33-1 shot. The horse is 10 lengths clear but falls at the last fence. The guy who had been screaming and jumping up and down like a madman just stares at the screen and his face goes white.

He leaves like everyone else and when he's outside, it starts lashing rain. He fiddles around in his pocket for change for the bus but he doesn't have any left so he resigns himself to having to walk home in the rain for 90 minutes, face his wife and tell her that he lost his monthly wages.

As he starts walking, the sole of his shoe rips right off and starts flapping in the puddles of rain. He can't take it anymore. He just sits down on the ground and starts crying. A couple of minutes later, the bookie comes out of his shop to lock up and notices the guy sitting on the ground crying. He goes over and asks him if he's okay. The guy explains that he's lost all his money on the horses that day, that his wife is going to kill him, that he can't even afford bus fare and that he has to walk home with the sole of his shoe hanging off.

The bookie says "aw you poor chap" and then reaches into his pocket and takes out a gigantic wad of cash. The guy looks up at the bookie with a stunned look of admiration. The bookie takes the elastic band off the big roll of €50s and says "here you go, wrap this around your shoe".

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: boojangles on December 22, 2008, 04:41:32 PM
You have Binocular from last Saturday I presume.I think its gonna win.11/8 is just too big.Kauto is a stone better on ratings when running right handed(like Kempton) He is going for 3-in a row and Nicholls will be mad to win this after failing in a lot of the big races so far this season.Ruby is back on top and I have never seen Kauto run 2 bad races in a row.Look at the opposition and I cant see anything that can take it on if Kauto gets in its stride.Im a wee bit worried about ImperiaL Commander,he could improve again and has been supported but this should be a step too far.Poor Exotic Dancer altho I would love to see him do it,seems to be gettin further away.Voy Por Ustedes is hit and miss(has it run since beating Master Minded at Aintree?) but you couldnt be confident on it.Air Force One is a good horse but still has a bit to find.

Gold Cup and Aintree at the tail end of last season? First two times I'd backed him as well!

He rattle fences we know that and its the risk you take when backing him. When he's gotten round he's only been beaten twice in 2 and a half seasons (I think) - once by Denman who isn't there and by a short neck at Aintree (when I think the trainer later admitted the tactics had been wrong.

Given the fact that Denman isn't there and, the record at kempton which OurNail has pointed, you're basically backing him to get round. I think it might be worth a punt at any odds against.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead