The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Terrible news for a saturday. The only day i can get a god bash at the nags
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

cavan4ever

Anyone going to any of the meetings over xmas?

Hardy

I'd like to think I'll get to Leopardstown one of the days. My best day at the races this year was last Sunday. I went to my first point-to-point for years, in Dungourney, Co. Cork. You couldn't be backing horses - you wouldn't know what you'd be backing. I backed one horse for the day and only because I liked the look of him in the ring - he came third. But you couldn't beat it for atmosphere - real down to earth racing. Soft going, with your wellies three inches into the muck, local colour aplenty and you're close enough to the action to smell the horses and hear the jockeys' shouting at each other  "get outa me f***in way", etc. Can't think of a nicer way to spend a winter Sunday afternoon.

Lecale2

Is Passage to India worth a fiver?

jaykay

Quote from: cavan4ever on December 16, 2008, 09:36:52 AM
Anyone going to any of the meetings over xmas?

I'm going to go to Thurles on Sunday and probably Leopardstown for the Lexus.

Our Nail Loney

Got a word for Any Currency in the last at Folkestone, 3.20

Its not a great price though. Just seen its favourite f**k sake, 13/8

toiletroller

Niall, is it worth running out the office into the rain to put a fiver on it??!!

Our Nail Loney

Aye if you want to win 13.13!

cavan4ever

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 16, 2008, 02:46:15 PM

thats including the 5 so it's only 8 something.  I put €40 from my pp accocunt on it if it loses im down to €7.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: cavan4ever on December 16, 2008, 03:00:32 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 16, 2008, 02:46:15 PM

thats including the 5 so it's only 8 something.  I put €40 from my pp accocunt on it if it loses im down to €7.

Seven it is!! Came second, sorry lads...

girt_giggler

no need to be sorry, with the amount of winners you have given out over time you can be easily
forgiven!

cavan4ever

:D :D

Someone knew about the horse that won anyway

Our Nail Loney

Yeah, the only reason I did the fave was we had a couple of unknown faces in asking for prices on that horse, always rings a bell...

deaconblue

i like jokers legacy in the 3.05 at newbury tmorr.

Homer

Former Ballydoyler Hebridean makes his Hurdling debut today in 12.20 at Newbury.

I can't help but get a little nostalgic about Istabraq, one of all time favourites. AOB's almost complete focus on the flat has been a great pity for NH racing.