The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

didnt know that nail, thanks...

Our Nail Loney

Some news for all of you who like me cannot wait til the national hunt season gets back under way!!

Cheltenham to host conditionals' contest
PROMISING young jump jockeys have been handed a great opportunity to display their talents on Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cup day.

A new race, the Conditionals' Hurdle, a handicap over an extended 2m4f, will be added to the top class card for the first time in March.

Cheltenham's director of racing Simon Claisse said: "We have long held the view that a race for the potential champion jockeys of the future would be a great addition to the Festival and a handicap for conditional jockeys was one of the races that was under close consideration when we first extended the meeting to four days.

"This will also be an opportunity for some of the large number of horses which are eliminated from the Coral Cup each year to have a run at the Festival."

Other changes to the 2009 Festival, being staged from March 10 to 13, include a first-race time of 1.30pm each day and the feature on all four days being the fourth race with a 3.20pm start.

So a half an hour earlier start each day at the festival. The article is a big ambiguous though, does this mean there will be one extra race only on gold cup day or every day??

Also War of Attrition being aimed for Down Royal, the James Nicholson Chase. the Listener will be over as well for it, and I think Nicholls is going to bring Neptune Collonges over too. Gonna be a very good renewal, NC had a great season finishing third in the gold cup then winning at punchestown... Plus will be interesting to see The Listeners first run out for his new yard after switching from the Alners, and War of Attrition coming back from injury. f**k I can't wait, flat racing is ok but nowhere near as good

jaykay

26 races in total, 7 on the Wednesday and Friday, 6 each the other 2 days.

Our Nail Loney

Just watching Racing News here on ATR, news coming thorugh that AOB is thinking about taking Hebridean hurdling this season. Talk of it going fo rthe Champion Hurdle, which AOB has won three times already with Istabraq. Only a four year old I think so would near be better starting off going for thr Triumph Hurdle?

Alan King was on, said he thought Hebridean was smaller than Katchit, and was surprised by it...

Would be good to see AOB taking on the jumps boys again!

Just saw odds - 50/1 Champion, 16/1 Triumph

Off The Fence

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Off The Fence on August 14, 2008, 12:00:12 PM
Any tips today Nail?

Na none as yet OTF, still early though! If there are any i will post them up here...

Our Nail Loney

Tip in here for Chew It Over in the 6.45 at Tramore, its 14/1 at the minute everyone is doing it each way

I'm not backing it myself, skint here but just putting it up in case youse wanted to look at it...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on August 14, 2008, 06:11:20 PM
Tip in here for Chew It Over in the 6.45 at Tramore, its 14/1 at the minute everyone is doing it each way

I'm not backing it myself, skint here but just putting it up in case youse wanted to look at it...

Chew It Over third at 14/1... Favourite Dalavar won the race, went well but was never gonna beat the fave. 7/2 for the place wasnt bad.

gerrykeegan

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Puckoon

ONL - You've been posting winners this last few weeks - how are ye skint?

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Puckoon on August 14, 2008, 07:28:44 PM
ONL - You've been posting winners this last few weeks - how are ye skint?

Holidays in thirteen days... Am saving for that, had to buy a loada new holiday clothes, plus money for a new passport, the list goes on!

kinghen

anyone know the story with the racing at wolverhampton?? i done a wee sneaky bet on my lunch for the 2;15, but cant get any results online??!!

Our Nail Loney

2:15
1 Welcome Approach 15-2
2 Willhewiz 4-1 Fav
3 Gone'n'dunnett 16-1
12 ran
Also: 40-1 Tadlil 4th
NR: 7

kinghen

happy dees,

gone n dunnett e/w

Our Nail Loney

Best site for quick results

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/results/settlers.html

The results go into this page as quick as they come up on the settlers page in your local bookies, I always have it open in work as I can't see the tv screens!!

Did ya notice when you were over hen if there was betting for the rescheduled championship matches?