The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

boojangles

Fecks sake - Kauto wins virtually every race for 2 years and as soon as I start to back him he loses twice in a month!

In the same position myself.I never backed Kauto until the Gold Cup this year(was always an Exotic Dancer man) when I decided I was an Idiot for not backing it for the previous year and a half and threw 250 on it at evens.Easy money in my eyes. ???
Then doubled it up today with Binocular.Il never back Kauto again as good a horse as it is.
Binocular put in a fine performance today and Im sure JP McManus is eyeing a run in the Champion Hurdle now.

pintsofguinness

Our vic saved the day for me - up a whole 75p!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

qub la la la

at least your up! had a big double on inglis drever (who won me a brave bit at cheltenham) and kauto star. should be renamed falling star!! binocular pulled it round a bit but a bad day at the office..

downtown

Horses dont go well next time out after cheltenham!! simple point 2 remember!

thewobbler

I would suggest you're talking nonsense downtown.

Aintree is a very different course, and that's a much more pertinent factor in any "surprises".

Louth Exile

Quote from: bennydorano on April 03, 2008, 07:15:32 PM
The hold up horse is not Ruby's style, it's Tony Martins style and it fucks up more than it suceeds, prime example Pyscho at Cheltenham. 

Psycho was a poor ride at Cheltenham, there is hold up and then there is leaving a horse with way to much to do, which was the case in point.

Your comments about Ruby and Kauto are a classic case of someone talking through their pockets!! Kauto has not become a bad horse over night and Ruby is the finest jockey riding today

Quote from: downtown on April 03, 2008, 09:07:02 PM
Horses dont go well next time out after cheltenham!! simple point 2 remember!

Winners of the first three races all ran at Cheltenham!
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

bennydorano

I've always wondered why Tony Martin trains all his horses to be 'hold up' horses, surely some horses have a different mental make up and are front runners/whatever. 

I would certainly disagree that Ruby is the best around at the minute, but it's all a matter of opinion (if you exclude AP's 10? in a row ;))  Davy Russell for me.

illdecide

Who all do you fancy in the donkey derby tomorrow?? I was gonna do hedgehunter (Ruby on board) but now i'm not so sure ???
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

girt_giggler

Slim Pickings
Point Barrow
Joacci

All each way.

Dire racing (price wise) today, particularly if you are a favourite backer

boojangles

If form is anything to go by we would b expecting Captain Cee Bee(after Binocular pissing home yesterday),Albertas Run and Master Minded to win well,I just dont think it will b as easy tho!
McCoy is quoted as saying that he didnt give Albertas Run a good ride at Cheltenham(and still won)-7/4 seems good to me!
Any opinions lads?

thewobbler

Cloudy Lane is a very just favourite, but at a price that mean each way plundering is a better option. If he gets through the first 6 fences, it's hard to see him getting beaten though.

Even given a big weight, Simon should finish in the top 4. Everything apart from his weight says he can win.

At bigger prices, Philson Run will stay forever and with softer ground than last year, might even go better than his fourth then.

The one that really interests me though is Naunton Brook, who also has the proper profile to go well, and at a huge price (generally 66/1).

Simon - 1 pt win
Philson Run - 1pt e/w
Naunton Brook - 1pt e/w

One other thing. I was told a stat that over half the runners this year will be wearing visors, blinkers or cheekpieces. Which should mean single-vision carnage at the first few fences. Backing less than 10 finishers looks a good bet.

Candyman

Gonna go for Butlers Cabin!! Knowing my luck he'll fall at the first so everyone else stay away....  ;D

Louth Exile

2.00 Battlecry, getting 7 pounds from Albertas Run on a track that should suit him better (5/1 compared to the 6/4 fav)
4.20 Pieret Lunaire, getting a stone from Captain Cee Bee, also has good form with Binocular and was held back from Cheltenham with this in mind (9/2 compared to 6/5 fav)
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Candyman

Got a tip for this horse today from the sister of the owner(s)....

Mid-Mon Lady running at Dundalk @ 8.40! I know nothing about it so no apologies offered if its SH1TE!!!

http://horses.sportinglife.com/Racecards/0,12495,260455,00.html

Think its currently 7/2 and was 7/1 yesterday  ???

bennydorano

Another one for Ruby's blooper reel, lept early and landed on his hind legs 2 or 3 out, knocked the stuffing out of him.