Stag in Westport

Started by heineken_on_tap, February 03, 2010, 12:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winsamsoon

Few things to do round westport house, think theres a pitch a putt up at it
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

muppet

Quote from: winsamsoon on November 12, 2013, 11:39:42 PM

There is a super golf course in Westport but you will probably have to book. Mulranny, as mentioned above, is a nice links track not too far away.

If you have serious golfers, Carne just past Belmullet, is a scenic hour drive away. Worth it if you like your golf.

You could always hire a few bikes and do the Greenway. Stop half way and eat in Nevin's. Food is good and well priced.
MWWSI 2017

Hardy

Quote from: 5 Sams on November 12, 2013, 11:37:51 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 12, 2013, 10:43:05 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on November 12, 2013, 10:36:03 PM
Heading up next week for work...hopefully squeeze a few pints in in Matt Molloy's.. ;)
Some job you have going to Westport on the pish.

All work Tone. ;)

Yeah right.

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: muppet on November 13, 2013, 12:39:28 PM

There is a super golf course in Westport but you will probably have to book. Mulranny, as mentioned above, is a nice links track not too far away.

If you have serious golfers, Carne just past Belmullet, is a scenic hour drive away. Worth it if you like your golf.

You could always hire a few bikes and do the Greenway. Stop half way and eat in Nevin's. Food is good and well priced.

There is a hotel, Westport country house hotel, outside Westport (2 miles) in Aughagower, they have converted their nine hole golf course to a football course, its some craic....mayo foot-golf, i think its called.....

muppet

Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on November 13, 2013, 03:29:21 PM

There is a hotel, Westport country house hotel, outside Westport (2 miles) in Aughagower, they have converted their nine hole golf course to a football course, its some craic....mayo foot-golf, i think its called.....

Seriously?

I might have to give that a look when I am down.
MWWSI 2017

An Gaeilgoir

Quote from: muppet on November 13, 2013, 04:06:42 PM
Quote from: An Gaeilgoir on November 13, 2013, 03:29:21 PM

Seriously?

I might have to give that a look when I am down.

You can book it on line, it is a great day out for all, more inclusive than golf. Ideal for a stag.

lawnseed

yes great idea head to somewhere where you'll be the best looking guys in the county..  ;)
A coward dies a thousand deaths a soldier only dies once

macdanger2

Morans on the main street (almost opposite M Molloys) is the best pub for a few daytime / early evening pints

sans pessimism

Quote from: macdanger2 on November 14, 2013, 04:02:21 AM
Morans on the main street (almost opposite M Molloys) is the best pub for a few daytime / early evening pints
aaahhhh Johnny Moran's.........now yer puttin the longing on me mac
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

macdanger2

Yep, would love to settle in there with the paper for a few pints and a chat for the day.......

trueblue1234

Hi lads, Where's good to stay in Westport that'll be near the nightlife?
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Tubberman

Quote from: trueblue1234 on October 02, 2015, 04:08:33 PM

There's plenty of places - The Wyatt, The Mill Times, Clew Bay Hotel, Castlecourt & Plaza. All within easy walking distance of the good pubs, and there's plenty of them too!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ballinaman

Quote from: Tubberman on October 02, 2015, 04:18:20 PM

There's plenty of places - The Wyatt, The Mill Times, Clew Bay Hotel, Castlecourt & Plaza. All within easy walking distance of the good pubs, and there's plenty of them too!
There's a b&b right next to castlecourt and plaza that I stayed in for a wedding when the hotel was booked up. Half the price and was sound.

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

snoopdog

Quote from: Tubberman on October 02, 2015, 04:18:20 PM

Mccarthy bar have a b and b above. Very central and cheap. Has all u need. Bed and a shower. Lovely pint downstairs also.