Micky Harte & Tyrone part their ways!!!

Started by illdecide, November 14, 2020, 11:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 15, 2020, 01:46:25 PM
Quote from: 6th sam on November 15, 2020, 12:37:10 PM

Though some may have understandable criticism of Harte over some issues

That is quite the understatement.

Is there anyone out there who doesn't think the man is a p***k?
I'm an Armagh man and think Harte is an absolute gentleman. What makes you say he's a p***k?

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2020, 02:52:12 PM

I'm an Armagh man and think Harte is an absolute gentleman. What makes you say he's a p***k?

Aside from giving a character refernce to a rapist who dumped a naked victim out of a moving van?

Giving a character reference to a guy who murdered his father?

Giving a character reference for a man who defrauded his own mother out of her life savings?

Helping launch a book that claimed condoms spread AIDS?

Using GAA facilities to campaign in a referendum he couldn't vote in?

Angelo

Quote from: Main Street on November 14, 2020, 04:15:12 PM
I don't think other counties would be willing to have a full on boycott of RTE, no matter how much they might sympathise with the grievance.

Jim Gavin boycotted RTE because they gave out some videos.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on November 15, 2020, 03:07:58 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on November 15, 2020, 02:52:12 PM

Aside from giving a charachter refernce to a rapist who dumped a naked victim out of a moving van?

Giving a charachter reference to a guy who murdered his father?

Giving a charachter reference for a man who defrauded his own mother out of her life savings?

Helping launch a book that claimed condoms spread AIDS?

Using GAA facilities to campaign in a referendum he couldn't vote in?

What the fcuk is a "charachter" [sic]?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

PMG1

Micky had stopped speaking to RTE before the 'pretty little girl from omagh skit' he stopped speaking to them when Brian Carty didn't get the big job, the skit came a few months after as far as I remember, the skit whether it was intentional or not added fuel to the fire but that is not the reason he stopped speaking to RTE

imtommygunn

Main Street

It wasn't just the song but also the mocking reference about Mickey going to visit a Dalai Lama conference in Limerick (I think).  Mickey had made the journey with the son in law and the theme of that meeting was about overcoming deep personal tragedies. Words don't do justice to describe that 'skit'.

But I can't see how a total boycott could be carried over to another county should Mickey take up the reins there.

screenexile

The skit was ill advised but I don't think there was anything malicious in it... along with that it was completely shite.

He can forgive murderers but can't forgive RTE??

There's lots of issues I have with Mickey Harte including the above and all the hypocrisy but that doesn't change his impact on the game he was a visionary and bringing 3 All Ireland's to a county that had none will put him up with the greatest managers of all time and he definitely deserves his place in history.

Ok

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on November 15, 2020, 06:08:32 PM
He can forgive murderers but can't forgive RTE??

There should be an end to this sh!t about murderers and rapists. Harte did not in any way justify murder or rape, he provided an account of his dealings with the individuals concerned at a point when they had not been convicted of these crimes. It is was not for him to convict them, his proper role was to provide a truthful account of what he knew and let the judge decide, Harte didn't himself know anything about the murders or rapes, he wasn't there, no more than most of people posting about him.

Quote from: PMG1 on November 15, 2020, 04:50:42 PM
Micky had stopped speaking to RTE before the 'pretty little girl from omagh skit' he stopped speaking to them when Brian Carty didn't get the big job, the skit came a few months after as far as I remember, the skit whether it was intentional or not added fuel to the fire but that is not the reason he stopped speaking to RTE

It might be the reason that he continued not talking to RTÉ. Who would blame him?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Angelo

The issue for Harte and Tyrone was that the apology wasn't even an apology.

The Derry lads lowering themselves to their usual standard of slabbering as usual.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Owenmoresider

Quote from: PMG1 on November 15, 2020, 04:50:42 PM
It wasn't months anyway, think the news about Carthy being overlooked came out in mid/late Summer and he wasn't the only one to criticise it from memory,  but shortly after that came the Murray farce and that was that.

BennyCake

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 15, 2020, 12:43:25 PM
Ah ok I maybe didn't know the full depth of the RTÉ thing.

Agreed on the personal tragedy thing. How he dealt with it was remarkable.

RTÉ punditry is becoming a bit of an embarrassment. Watching bbc Clarke and mcconville are much much better. Watching some sky coverage and they are much much better. I can't even listen to RTÉ punditry any more. Record and fast forward on highlights or turn it over at half time.

Clarke and Oisin are very good. Although to be fair, so were Canavan and Harte today too.

seafoid

A legendary manager.
His 3 all Irelands with Throne who started off with none was a pretty unique achievement. He brought pride and respect to the county. Kerry never beat them when it mattered

I am sure that football must have sustained him in the dark times after Michaela's brutal murder.

Everything comes to an end. I hope Tyrone choose an adequate replacement.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

illdecide

Holy feck...I started a thread to honour a great manager and people still twist it around to find the worst in someone...This place is worse than Facebook at times...Wise up.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Rossfan

Farewell Micky.
You led your County from the ranks of gallant losers to AI Champions at 3 grades.
You were some man for 1 man.
Best wishes for the future.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM