Norn Iron Games lost to Sky TV...

Started by itsleftitswide, April 27, 2007, 08:57:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsleftitswide

BBC NI has lost out to Sky for the right to show live NI games. Republic games next me thinks, despite what the govt says about RTE's divine right. 

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Sky television has secured the rights to broadcast live Norn Ireland home football internationals from next year.

BBC North of Ireland, the current rights holders, had been in negotiations with the IFA.

The corporation had been due to discuss the terms of a formal offer to renew the contract next week.

However, it is understood a multi-million pound deal has been agreed with Sky - an official announcement is expected later.

So what's our wee Jackie Fullerton gonna do now?
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Bensars

Delighted when i heard the news.

Would love to have seen watsons face when he heard the news. ;D   No more Jackie or Watson...........Happy days

An Fear Rua

Brace yourselves for more crying , they have already been going on about sky not showing a player in the ad links (and showing Robbie Keane), now that sky are actually showing a game the letter writing campaign will begin in ernest.

apparently they exist
Its Grim up North

Great Leap Forward

Jeez, Sky must be getting desperate after losing the England games.

Their International package will now include Scotland, ROI, NI and Wales. Imagine channel-hopping there. Shite and more shite.

his holiness nb

Thats what Norn Iron get for doing well!
Ask me holy bollix

Syd The Sailor

Stephen Watson has been found hanging from the crossbar in Windsor Park.
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Donagh

Shocking disregard for the rights of minority sports.

SammyG

f**king ridiculous decision but it's what we've come to expect from the fcukwits at the IFA.  >:(

Bensars

whats even more amusing is that the ifa were to meet with BBC next week to discuss the terms. It seems that SKY pulled a fast one and BBC have been left out to dry.

I wonder how our jackie  and sherlocks sidekick   would  describe it ?

Goats Do Shave

They've sold their solds to the devil!

Just when soccer was getting a bit of good publicity & appealing to more people...the option to watch it, for most, is now removed!

Gnevin

Quote from: itsleftitswide on April 27, 2007, 08:57:51 AM
BBC NI has lost out to Sky for the right to show live NI games. Republic games next me thinks, despite what the govt says about RTE's divine right. 
Arent the republics games covered by the interest of the nation thing
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

supersarsfields

Well maybe now the BBC will be able to give a bit more time to the most popular sport in NI, rather than just focusing on any negative aspects!!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: supersarsfields on April 27, 2007, 10:05:03 AM
Well maybe now the BBC will be able to give a bit more time to the most popular sport in NI, rather than just focusing on any negative aspects!!

Arf, I can just imagine it now...................... Well done to whoever won that one

Its Grim up North

tyroneboi

SKY also have the rights to show a number of a irish premier league matches. The IFA must have insisted on that to be part of the deal. The english are in for a shock when they see institute v lisburn distillery playing!! God help them!