Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on May 14, 2019, 09:15:55 AM
Sundays games all moved to 6& 7.30pm?

Sure us players have nothing better to be at than waiting around all weekend until the very last minute to play.

Embarrassing. Any wonder players are turning their back on the game.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 14, 2019, 09:42:29 AM

Sure us players have nothing better to be at than waiting around all weekend until the very last minute to play.

I have always thought games would been better earlier on a sunday anyway., say 12 & 1:30.
As a player I would have preferred an earlier start
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GlenMan

When do you want them to play the games? To be fair they were left with little choice.

square_ball

Looking through a few fixtures and the likes of Strabane going to Stewartstown and Brackaville to Castlederg for a 7.30 throw in on a Sunday evening is crazy stuff. Will the Tyrone minor match get that big a crowd wanting to go to it that they have to change these fixtures? Why not change then to a Saturday evening if needs be.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GlenMan on May 14, 2019, 09:58:36 AM

When do you want them to play the games? To be fair they were left with little choice.

Are you being serious? Every other county can put in fixtures for Friday or Saturday. What makes us the exception?

Eventually this mistreatment will end in the demise of a club  - I'll imagine X amount of reserve games will not be fulfilled this weekend, especially those longer trips.

blewuporstuffed

Thats the thing.
if they didnt change the games, you would have complaints of a clash with the u17s and how its awful you cant go and see clubmates represent their county etc etc
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

GlenMan

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 14, 2019, 10:10:24 AM

Are you being serious? Every other county can put in fixtures for Friday or Saturday. What makes us the exception?

Eventually this mistreatment will end in the demise of a club  - I'll imagine X amount of reserve games will not be fulfilled this weekend, especially those longer trips.

I'm talking short term. They only found out on Monday that the Minors have their qualifier on Sunday.

They couldn't move them to Saturday because it was too short notice for players to get off work etc. They couldn't leave them at the original time because of the clash. They had no other option.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: GlenMan on May 14, 2019, 10:15:45 AM

I'm talking short term. They only found out on Monday that the Minors have their qualifier on Sunday.

They couldn't move them to Saturday because it was too short notice for players to get off work etc. They couldn't leave them at the original time because of the clash. They had no other option.

What about those who come home for games on flights or leave on flights to go to work for the Monday? Even those living in Dublin etc....It's a farce.

How many will even be at this minor game? They do this every year though so I'm not even sure why I'm surprised.

bigtogs

Quote from: GlenMan on May 14, 2019, 10:15:45 AM

Under 21 and minor fixtures cancelled senior fixture move to a very distasteful time for players and supporters alike..... Very disappointing and very poor advertising..... Senior fixture i can understand the situation.... Fixing the minor and Under 21 games in the first place was the height of arrogance in my opinion.....none the less 100's of players disrupted!!!!!! The club is well and truly second in most counties... 

bogball88

If 2 clubs are in agreement can fixtures be moved back to the original timings?

Maor Uisce

Club players treated poorly once again. County board could have

1. Moved the games to the Saturday evening. Bear in the mind any player playing u17s is ineligible to play reserve or senior club football.

2. Simply left the games as fixed and issued an explanation that they couldn't possibly inconvenience over a 1000 club players and anyone with a connection to the u17 panel would have to miss a club league game.

Does absolutely nothing to help with the present narrative that playing for your club is too much commitment.

Redhand Santa

Not sure about the original time but I'm sure clubs can agree to move the games to Friday night or Saturday. Problem is getting them both to agree to it.

I think it was bad form calling off u21 championship games at the last minute. The u17s had full preparation and were well beaten. Not all of them would play for their u21s anyway and I'm sure those that do would be recovered again by Sunday for the backdoor game. Seems crazy calling off u21 games over an u17 back door game.

The games on Sunday were slightly more difficult because of the direct clash. Most clubs would be more than happy with Saturday evening but the short notice is an issue.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Maor Uisce on May 14, 2019, 11:12:47 AM
Club players treated poorly once again. County board could have

1. Moved the games to the Saturday evening. Bear in the mind any player playing u17s is ineligible to play reserve or senior club football.

2. Simply left the games as fixed and issued an explanation that they couldn't possibly inconvenience over a 1000 club players and anyone with a connection to the u17 panel would have to miss a club league game.

Does absolutely nothing to help with the present narrative that playing for your club is too much commitment.

There could well have been complaints about a last minute change of days if they were moved to Saturday. Boys could have plans made etc for that day.

Ty4Sam

I'm not usually one to complain but this is a slap in the face for clubs again. To call off senior club matches because kids (who are ineligable to play senior football anyway) have a match is ridiculous. So we potentially have a summer in front of us that means adult footballers can't play when Tyrone seniors have a match but they also have to play second fiddle to kids, I repeat, who are ineligable anyway. Whats next? Tyrone U16 development squad have a match so ACL league matches have to move?

bogball88

Quote from: Ty4Sam on May 14, 2019, 11:36:33 AM
I'm not usually one to complain but this is a slap in the face for clubs again. To call off senior club matches because kids (who are ineligable to play senior football anyway) have a match is ridiculous. So we potentially have a summer in front of us that means adult footballers can't play when Tyrone seniors have a match but they also have to play second fiddle to kids, I repeat, who are ineligable anyway. Whats next? Tyrone U16 development squad have a match so ACL league matches have to move?
Here here