Things that make you go What the F**k?

Started by The Real Laoislad, November 19, 2007, 05:54:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean3

From the Irish Times today

Perfume stolen in bid to end row with fiancee
A MAN stole perfume, flowers and two boxes of condoms in a bid to patch things up with his fiancee as their romantic getaway went horribly wrong in Co Wexford last weekend.
Erinn O'Brien (24), Kilmahuddrick Court, Clondalkin, Dublin, but now living in Tullow, Co Carlow, appeared before Judge Donnchadh Ó Buachalla at Wexford District Court. He pleaded guilty to four charges of theft and one of criminal damage.
Garda Pat Fielding told how he arrested O'Brien last Saturday at Irish Street, Enniscorthy, after a series of thefts. The garda outlined how O'Brien, at about 3.50pm, stole a bottle of perfume worth €26 from Kelly's Pharmacy, of Slaney Place, and then went next door and stole a bouquet of flowers worth €9.99 from O'Leary's newsagents.
He was arrested and brought to the Garda station, where a search revealed he had stolen two boxes of condoms from Caulfield's SuperValu on Millpark Road.
On learning that he was staying in Treacy's Hotel in Enniscorthy with his girlfriend, gardaí searched their room and found a jumper and two T-shirts stolen from Berney Bros Saddlers at Templeshannon Quay.
O'Brien also faced a charge of causing €300 worth of criminal damage to chairs at the Millrace Hotel in Bunclody on Friday night.
Leonard Leader, for O'Brien, said his client accepts that his behaviour was unacceptable and that "he went on the rampage".
Mr Leader said the newly engaged couple went to the Millrace for a break, but after a row on Friday night O'Brien's girlfriend threw her engagement ring at him. He then got razor blades and tried to slit his wrists. The couple were asked to leave the hotel and on Saturday booked into Treacy's Hotel in nearby Enniscorthy.
O'Brien took 10 Valium tablets, and Mr Leader said this caused him to "go on a rampage, stealing things he thought would help him patch things up" with her.
Mr Leader said O'Brien's girlfriend was a heroin addict for eight or nine years. He said the couple lived in Tullow as they left Clondalkin when O'Brien's mother – also an addict – stole €1,500 from him to buy heroin. His mother and fiancee were in court to support him on Monday.
Mr Leader said O'Brien's late father had been abusive to him all his life. He said O'Brien had had a health setback as he has "a build up of fluid in his testicles, which he needs to get seen to".
The court heard O'Brien had one child from a previous relationship, which he looks after with his girlfriend's two children, one of whom is severely disabled. "I would implore you to consider a non-custodial sentence," Mr Leader told Judge Ó Buachalla.
O'Brien, a qualified painter and decorator, told Judge Ó Buachalla that he doesn't claim social welfare as he doesn't believe in it.
When asked by the judge how he is supporting the three children and his girlfriend, he said he was receiving financial help from an uncle in Celbridge.
The judge ordered that a Probation Officer's Report be prepared on O'Brien and remanded him on bail in his own bond of €400 to appear before Enniscorthy District Court on April 15th next. O'Brien is to sign on at Tullow Garda Station every Friday.

full back

Quote from: Sean3 on January 21, 2009, 12:18:31 PM
He said O'Brien had had a health setback as he has "a build up of fluid in his testicles, which he needs to get seen to".

Dont we all, dont we all............

illdecide

Quote from: full back on January 21, 2009, 12:21:30 PM
He said O'Brien had had a health setback as he has "a build up of fluid in his testicles, which he needs to get seen to".

Dont we all, dont we all............

No, the secret is "don't let the fluid build up" ;) :D

Sorry to hear that Fullback...lol
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: full back on January 21, 2009, 12:05:57 PM
Good girl Kaite  :o
Some people shouldnt be allowed to give their opinions to newspapers FFS

GLAMOUR girl JORDAN has called for a new punishment for rapists – they should be raped themselves.
The tough-talking star – who also agrees with the death penalty – said: "The way I see it is an eye for an eye.

"So if someone rapes a girl he should be bent over and the same thing done to him. I'm sorry that's just the way I feel. I'm very strict."

Jordan, real name KATIE PRICE, added: "If someone is done for drink-driving they should have their licence taken away for life.

"And if someone steals they should have to wear a dye on their skin, like a tattoo on their ear or somewhere it can be seen – like across their face! That would stop people stealing."

The 30-year-old model – who is moving to the US with husband PETER ANDRE – also voiced support for gay marriages.

Does the fellow who does this then have to bend over as well...It would never end...She must be soo thick..
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The GAA

I assumed the victim would perpetuate the punishment with a barb wire filled length of 2 inch piping

Doogie Browser

A MAN stole perfume, flowers and two boxes of condoms
How romantic, sounds like a perfect date really.

Gabriel_Hurl

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2009/01/22/ttc-shooting.html

QuoteA shooting in Toronto's subway system has thrown a major part of the city's public transit system into chaos.

At least one person was shot, but the condition of the victim is unknown, according to Const. Wendy Drummond.

The victim has been taken to hospital suffering from gunshot wounds.

The shooting happened just before 11 a.m. on the platform of the Osgoode station near University Avenue and Queen Street West.

Police have closed the station and an investigation is underway.

Police said they are looking for a number of suspects.

A large section of the city's Yonge-University-Spadina subway line has been closed down and will probably remain closed for much of the afternoon as police carry out their investigation.

Tyrones own

Strange that in the fact that we were just talking the other day about how great it must be
to live in Canada because you never hear of many incidents like the above...... Scratch that I suppose :-\
Seems like that shite only happens down here or maybe it just gets more air time here.
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

Sure wasnt it just a little while ago up there that some loonie* took a knife on a bus and sawed some poor eejits head off with it?

Tyrones own

Jaysus i do vaguely remember that alright..was that in Canada? :-[
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Puckoon

It was, its on this thread if you care to look back. I know, because I posted it.

full back

:o :o

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/7850666.stm

Men who are more sexually active in their 20s and 30s may run a higher risk of prostate cancer, research suggests.

The Nottingham University study quizzed 800 men on how often they had sex or masturbated.

Those who were most active while younger had more chance of developing cancer later in life.

The researchers said higher levels of sex hormones could lead to a bigger sex drive and the cancer, the journal BJU International reported.

Hormones appear to play a key role in prostate cancer

Dr Polyxeni Dimitropoulu
Study leader

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK, with well over 30,000 new cases diagnosed each year.

It affects the prostate gland, which is found close to the bladder and makes a component of semen.

The Nottingham team, led by Dr Polyxeni Dimitropoulu, recruited more than 400 men diagnosed with prostate cancer, then compared their answers to 409 men thought to be free of the disease.

As well as questions about how often they had been sexually active from puberty onwards, they were asked how many sexual partners they had had and whether they had been diagnosed with any sexual infections.

Roughly the same proportion of both groups, 59%, said they had engaged in sexual activity 12 times a month or more in their 20s, falling to 48% in their 30s, 28% in their 40s and 13% in their 50s.

Almost two-fifths of the prostate cancer group had had six female partners or more, compared with less than a third of the non-cancer group.

Frequency risk

There was also a difference among the men who masturbated or had sex the most often, with 40% of men in the cancer group being sexually active 20 times a month or more in their 20s, compared with 32% in the non-cancer group.

The gap between the two groups narrowed as the men aged, suggesting that the difference was strongest at a younger age.

Dr Dimitropoulu said: "What makes our study stand out from previous research is that we focused on a younger age group than normal and included both intercourse and masturbation at various stages in the participants' lives."

He said that it was possible that higher levels of sex hormones in some men were both responsible for a high sex drive in their 20s and 30s, and for the development of prostate cancer later on.

"Hormones appear to play a key role in prostate cancer and it is very common to treat men with therapy to reduce the hormones thought to stimulate the cancer cells."

He said that the reasons why the connection between sexual activity and prostate risk appeared to diminish with advancing age was not clear, although other studies have suggested that sexual activity releases toxins from the gland.

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Puckoon

Pat, it includes masturbation.

Sorry old spud, now would you like pine or oak?