Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 22, 2018, 05:32:40 PM
Not impressed with that line up! Long winter and spring coming
A Carrick and McKenna team selection i'd say. The United team today playing with a freedom and confidence of the manager when he was a player himself.

Helix.

Good win tonight hopefully get on a good run over the Christmas.

Boycey

Moyes 1st game was a big win in Wales too :)

Oles influence on tactics etc today will have been minimal but the players definitely performed like there was a big weight lifted off their shoulders. Bigger challenges ahead..

6th, +4 goal difference and only 8 points off top 4  8)

Over the Bar

What a shame Ole wasn't appointed a week earlier and he'd have shut Anfield up again.

Captain Obvious

A good start for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and the football played today was almost as aesthetically pleasing as that journalist on 8:45 in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC7JqyG1EhE

Cunny Funt

Only Cardiff but this season alone United failed to beat Brighton,West Ham,Southampton,Palace,Wolves and Derby County. Tonight the players pressed and ran more than any other game this season its almost like they had a point to prove to the last manager and even Jones,Matic had decent games.

gawa316

Good win that, and creates some vital  breathing space from the likes of Bournmouth, Watford, wolves

Insane Bolt

Great to see the enthusiasm of OGS....breath of fresh air. Hope he does well.....but not too well😜

GJL

I'm going to enjoy MOTD for the first time in a while. 😊😊

Over the Bar

Bit disappointed with OGS interview TBH. Probably felt like all his Christmases has arrived early but shouldn't have shown it. A straight 'very happy with  performance but that's what's expected playing for this club and areas we need to work on' would have done.

Boycey

From the Bunker

United showed yesterday that they are not as bad as they've looked the last couple of months. Great start for OGS, but you'd have to wonder how much real input he had in the result?

Reality Check time: Cardiff are a poor side. Results of 4-2-12 tell their own story. But then again Man City lost to a poor side yesterday, so you can't take everything for granted.

There are a plethora of teams in the bottom six or seven that are really weak premiership sides this year. And I can see the points to eventually stay in this league as being low this year. As low as the early 30's.

Jim Bob

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 19, 2018, 11:46:07 PM
Prior to the Mourinho sacking Laoislad posted 4 times on the Man United thread in the past 2 months and Over The Bar posted 12 times on the Liverpool thread. I think somebody is obsessed and it isn't Laoislad. It is also notable that Over The Bar has put more posts on the Liverpool thread since Mourinho being sacked than on the Man United thread.

Have you nothing better to be at ?

Over the Bar

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 23, 2018, 06:18:38 AM
United showed yesterday that they are not as bad as they've looked the last couple of months. Great start for OGS, but you'd have to wonder how much real input he had in the result?

Reality Check time: Cardiff are a poor side. Results of 4-2-12 tell their own story. But then again Man City lost to a poor side yesterday, so you can't take everything for granted.

There are a plethora of teams in the bottom six or seven that are really weak premiership sides this year. And I can see the points to eventually stay in this league as being low this year. As low as the early 30's.
[/b]

Not sure the premier League existed pre WWII?

From the Bunker

Quote from: Over the Bar on December 23, 2018, 08:58:12 AM
Quote from: From the Bunker on December 23, 2018, 06:18:38 AM

[/b]

Not sure the premier League existed pre WWII?

It did, it was called the First Division. Why did you ask the question?