Boeing 737 max

Started by Main Street, March 11, 2019, 12:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Main Street

There was an interesting interview this morning after 8.40am on R4  with Captain Dennis Tajer,  Allied Pilots Association rep for American Airlines, a 737 pilot as well.
They at AA fly a version of the 737 - max 8, he said after the Lion air crash they has a complete break of trust with Boeing who had not given info about the maneuvering automated system MKS. It was new but they hadn't disclosed information on this and but Boeing did respond, came in and they got all the pilots trained on it. He said they at AA since 1998 have a unique piece of equipment  called AOA, angle of attack indicator and because of the AOA while on the ground they would have seen the distress that hit Lion air  before it happened, before take off and also the AOA would have informed them after take off and combatted the automated system from going awry.

RadioGAAGAA

Basically, the design was never fit for release. It contained a single point of failure in the AoA indicators that told MCAS what to do.

Boeing f**ked up and the FAA really f**ked up.

Regulatory capture at its finest.
i usse an speelchekor

Puckoon

Quote from: Gmac on March 13, 2019, 06:55:58 PM
Grounded in USA also

Delighted about this. Was due to hop on one on Monday morning with colleagues from work and my suggestions that we drive were falling on deaf ears. We will be in the 737 800 instead.

Main Street

Quote from: Puckoon on March 13, 2019, 11:39:51 PM
Quote from: Gmac on March 13, 2019, 06:55:58 PM
Grounded in USA also

Delighted about this. Was due to hop on one on Monday morning with colleagues from work and my suggestions that we drive were falling on deaf ears. We will be in the 737 800 instead.
Bring your rosary beads all the same
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_accidents_and_incidents_involving_the_Boeing_737#737_Next_Generation_(737-600/-700/-800/-900)_aircraft

Puckoon

What kinda car do you drive?  ;D

Jeepers Creepers

New York times reporting that both planes that crashed didnt have additional safety features possibly linked the crash as they didnt come as standard. Should also copy and paste this on thWTF thread.

Over the Bar

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 21, 2019, 06:47:21 PM
New York times reporting that both planes that crashed didnt have additional safety features possibly linked the crash as they didnt come as standard. Should also copy and paste this on thWTF thread.

Anti-crash device was an optional extra then? ffs

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on March 21, 2019, 06:47:21 PM

Ah, I think its worse than that. If it had become standard equipment, then the FAA (well, more likely EASA given FAA are in Boeing's back pocket) would have asked why that change from the 737NG?

Which would have shone a brighter light onto the whole thing and likely stopped certification.

i usse an speelchekor