The IRISH RUGBY thread

Started by Donnellys Hollow, October 27, 2009, 05:26:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walter Cronc

Are we gona have to call the mods here lads!!

seafoid

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 04, 2015, 09:05:53 AM
Are we gona have to call the mods here lads!!
We need tv evidence, Give us a reason to not award logic to feuding posts.

Walter Cronc

On another note I read this morning that Joe Schmidt's house got burgled on Monday past. If those knackers are the reason Mrs Schmidt tells Joe to move back to NZ there will be war!!

johnneycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 04, 2015, 09:17:21 AM
On another note I read this morning that Joe Schmidt's house got burgled on Monday past. If those knackers are the reason Mrs Schmidt tells Joe to move back to NZ there will be war!!

There'll be a nice big house in Killiney available at 4pm today, maybe the IRFU can hole Mrs Schmidt up there and live in the relative luxury of the celtic tiger era to keep thoughts of the long white cloud at bay for another year or so!

muppet

http://www.sportsjoe.ie/rugby/robbie-henshaw-ireland-england-analysis/15886

This is great stuff from Joe.ie, compare it with the RTE good guy/bad guy rugby rugby punditry, or the Gaelic Football bad guy/worse guy show.
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Quote from: muppet on March 04, 2015, 02:27:03 PM

This is great stuff from Joe.ie, compare it with the RTE good guy/bad guy rugby rugby punditry, or the Gaelic Football bad guy/worse guy show.

Excellent coverage by them on Ireland Rugby in fairness... Awful lot of shite clogs up my twitter feed as well though!

AZOffaly

In fairness this is 3 days after the event. The lads on d'telly don't have that luxury.

seafoid

Punditry is sorcas ar an dteilifis 
Twitter is better for insight

As the farmer said to the Yank who was looking for directions "if I was going there I wouldn't start from here' 

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 04, 2015, 02:58:48 PM

In fairness this is 3 days after the event. The lads on d'telly don't have that luxury.

I think the lads on d'telly have far greater resources than Joe.ie. At least Joe.ie is trying to show us what happened and for those of us who never played rugby, it explains a lot. The article on the front row is also excellent and was out yesterday as (I think) was the Henshaw article.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Ah yeah, it's good alright, but I suppose that sort of in depth article, with samples and video cuts, takes a bit of preparation. In a TV studio you don't really have time to prepare like that. Neville and Carra are good on a Monday night on Sky because they have that sort of time to prepare something from Saturday's games.

Walter Cronc

Thoughts ahead of Saturday. Will Heaslip be fit enough to start or is he best sprung from the bench?

Interesting to see who Schmidt will target aerially. George Ford was the target last day out when he dropped deep. Rhys Webb tends to help out his back 3 and could be the target this weekend.

I am not a fan of Warburton. In fact I rate Tipuric as better.

I think its gona be tight. The taffs are a cocky bunch.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 11, 2015, 09:21:34 AM
Thoughts ahead of Saturday. Will Heaslip be fit enough to start or is he best sprung from the bench?

Interesting to see who Schmidt will target aerially. George Ford was the target last day out when he dropped deep. Rhys Webb tends to help out his back 3 and could be the target this weekend.

He's not too shabby at the breakdown. Hopefully Ireland can put some clear distance between them and Wales and then maintain pressure til the end. If they allow Wales to come onto them the way England did, they may get punished.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 11, 2015, 01:25:58 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 11, 2015, 09:21:34 AM

He's not too shabby at the breakdown. Hopefully Ireland can put some clear distance between them and Wales and then maintain pressure til the end. If they allow Wales to come onto them the way England did, they may get punished.

Not so sure Tony. I think a lot of hype surrounds him and he isn't the player he was when he first burst on the seen. His turnover stats would be nowhere near McCaw/Pocock/Hooper etc