Running

Started by ONeill, June 09, 2009, 09:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

1st 40 plus.

Stephen scullion was 12th and beat all the british bar farah. He has a lot in him that fella if he gets his head right so good to see him performing.

Gnr very like that too ll. I suspect rte don't quite have the budget.

Milltown Row2

What way does the ballot go? Do you pay up front and if you get picked that's paid , if not you obviously get a refund? It's opened on the 28th
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Don't think you pay up front. I think it's just name in hat kind of. You may give bank details up front though- can't recall exactly.

ballinaman

Boston and London have shown that spring marathons can't be trusted in terms of weather.
That's after having the battle the weather and darkness during the winter in training leading up to them.
Having a look at Manchester marathon next April despite having said that!

Rittal

Watching the BBC coverage would certainly inspire you to complete a marathon. I'm not much of a runner apart from doing park runs most weekends. Would it be a big ask to think about doing Dublin Marathon this year? Longest I've ever run to date is probably about 7km. Park run times are usually around 22 or 23 minutes.

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

No1

Fellas, need some help.  I've been looking for a red n black hooped running vest in sport shops and online for an absolute age and no joy whatsoever.  By any chance do any of you run for or know of a club who competes in such kit??  Grateful for any info!

Don Johnson

Entered my first 10k at the end of June. Just about a week after it and my knee starts playing up again every time I go out. Great.

laoislad

Quote from: No1 on May 03, 2018, 05:05:09 PM
Fellas, need some help.  I've been looking for a red n black hooped running vest in sport shops and online for an absolute age and no joy whatsoever.  By any chance do any of you run for or know of a club who competes in such kit??  Grateful for any info!
Maybe somewhere like here could help?
https://www.owayo.ie/create-custom-running-shirts.htm
Plenty of other sites that do similar if you google it

Walt Jabsco

Quote from: laoislad on May 03, 2018, 09:08:55 PM
Quote from: No1 on May 03, 2018, 05:05:09 PM
Maybe somewhere like here could help?
https://www.owayo.ie/create-custom-running-shirts.htm
Plenty of other sites that do similar if you google it
No.1 try this clubhttp://www.marplerunners.com/club-shop/

No1

Thanks lads, I'll try both of those. Unbelievable how difficult it's been to source a red n black hooped vest!

ONeill

Large running tops from China are very very small.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

SHEEDY

Dreadful news about the death of a runner in his 50's during todays belfast marathon. RIP.
nil satis nisi optimum

imtommygunn

It was within the first 4 or 5 miles too. A boy in work was telling us he saw other runners trying to help him but didn't know what had happened him. Very sad. Not sure what happened but don't think it was warm enough, especially at that time, for heat to be a factor.

laoislad

Anyone else sign up for Dublin Marathon? Got one of the last few entries myself. Was only 600 places left according to their Facebook when I signed up!