Started by bennydorano, June 27, 2018, 11:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: LCohen on July 05, 2018, 07:22:16 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2018, 04:35:04 PM
Quote from: LCohen on July 03, 2018, 10:43:48 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 03, 2018, 10:02:13 AM
Quote from: LCohen on July 03, 2018, 08:58:38 AM
So it's your policy to develop a policy. Is Irish Nationalism any further down the road than you on this one?
Things will only change when the Euro collapses I imagine. Groupthink is a very powerful force. Change usually only happens when there is no alternative.
A lot of the structures of life in Ireland date from 100 years ago, the last time there was a serious change.

I am always amazed when a random selection of words is grammatically correct. A variant of the infinite monkey theory
You are not thinking about the system. You think a UI will just happen, do you ?

I don't it will happen in 100 years. And I'm certain it won't happen within 50 years
Unionists could be a minority in Co Down by 2068 at the rate things are going 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Stan Laurel

Quote from: seafoid on July 05, 2018, 08:58:42 PM
Quote from: Stan Laurel on July 05, 2018, 08:25:08 PM
Quote from: seafoid on July 01, 2018, 11:26:45 AM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on July 01, 2018, 11:22:12 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 30, 2018, 11:10:20 AM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 30, 2018, 10:38:55 AM
Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 29, 2018, 08:44:07 AM
Quote from: Hardy on June 29, 2018, 08:37:39 AM
Quote from: Stan Laurel on June 29, 2018, 08:28:01 AM
Quote from: seafoid on June 29, 2018, 06:05:49 AM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 29, 2018, 12:49:54 AM
Quote from: LCohen on June 28, 2018, 10:56:40 PM

Brexit is a mess. But as a driver of UI it's a red herring

Not so, the undermining of the whole 1998 settlement and the NI economy is very definitely influential.
I agree. The UK is close to bankruptcy. The deficit is the difference between govt income and spendingIt is €1.7 Trillion pounds now. A no deal Brexit could be the end.
Unionists are in a very difficult situation.

Do you just pull figures out of the sky?

What is the true figure?

Between spending and revenue it is certainly not 1.7 Trillion but seafood loves the fake news, any post for him is a good post to rack up his posting count, nearly all of his posts are bullshit, cut and pasted from some web site or other.

In the last quarter the UK government broke even in terms of income and expenditure. So the current deficit has been brought under control and is zero.

However, the UK government debt is now around £1.7 trillion.

The debt is partly due to bailing out the banks and the remainder is running a government in most years in deficit between income and expenditure.
GDP growth in Q1 was 0.1%
The UK needs growth to repay the debt.
Tax receipt growth is related to pay rises. These are a function of investment.

Real wages in the UK are still 6.5% below where they were in February 2008. They are the same as they were two years ago

Look at investment. 
Cutting Govt spending is no.panacea either.
Demand is not being supported. The UK will probably default

All very well but despite your great ability to spout economic data you made the simple mistake of not knowing the difference between recurrent deficit and national debt.

UK is debt ridden but the cuts in public spending have brought the quarterly deficit virtually to an end but it may fluctuate for another while depending on tax income. 

However, the cost of removing the deficit has been borne by the public while companies revel in greatly lowered corporate tax as a bribe to stay in low tax UK after Brexit.
It was a mistake. So what.
The UK economy is stagnant. It needs to GROW to pay of all the debt.
And the level of investment is atrocious

This is a structural crisis . There is no way back to equilibrium.

Just read this, made my day, this is someone trying to give fiscal policy on this board, just as well you aren't in charge of anything important, if when you don't know the basics you say it was a mistake so what, heavens above.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

FFS
You don't know anything about the UK economy.

And you know f**k all,  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keyser soze

Is it possible to embarrass Seafoid?? Getting owned all over the place on this thread but still posting away.