Factors that can help you become a good footballer!

Started by From the Bunker, November 26, 2017, 11:32:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twohands!!!

Quote from: Buckass on November 29, 2017, 12:45:02 AM
Messi had two older brothers, good players, that he played with for hours on end on pitch at back of his house. He was youngest on Newell old boys team that went unbeaten for 8 years...playing with older bigger players of excellent standard. We all know the excellent underage player who never made it, prob down to running the gauntlet and when others physically caught up their advantage left them short on other skills. Messis father was also a soccer coach. He wasn't just popped out a superstar.
Number of accounts of Ronaldo spending extra hours on free kicks etc when @ utd. Think I read It in Roy Keane's book bout ronaldo s phenomenal training routine too
Dublin run a shooting drill that became very competitive & remember seeing that eoghan o gara was biggest improved over the year matching b brogan by end of it.

Classic example of "The younger brother is even better"

Hardy

Quote from: Zulu on November 28, 2017, 04:37:01 PM
I think it's really quite simple there are definitely kids born with more talent than their peers which means if they work as hard as their peers they will be better than them. Lots of factors help make a person the player they become but we aren't all born equal. If we could all reach exceptional standards when provided the same environment in which to develop then exceptional players would be far more common. If you took 100 kids from birth and provided them with the exact same developmental environment (sport, music, education and everything else) there would be some exceptional kids, some very weak ones and the majority across the spectrum between those extremes.

But ...

AZOffaly

Tipperary Coiste na nÓg had a christmas message for expectant mothers, and telling husbands and family members to help out so they could take it easy. Basically so they could reach the 1st of January :) :)

From the Bunker

The difference in your sporting career to be born on in the first week of January as opposed to the last week in December can not be under estimated! There is only a couple of day separating both Birthdays, but there is a wealth of opportunity if you have a January Birthday!

armaghniac

And if you are born in January you get two presents as well.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

caprea

Good physique, tall and big hands are the 3 most important things I'd say.

Captain Scarlet

Apart from the desire and will to do it, and the will to train the conditions to create that drive is massively important.
If you are from a club that is a typical bad junior club i.e. the drinking, half-arsed training and the likes, then the glass ceiling is very low. I spoke about this with a lad from a nearby club as to why our club produced the odd county man down the years and theirs never seemed to.
If his club had a county minor they were the best thing going and they coasted for a few years. In other clubs, you have senior county men to learn from and look up to. You go to the local pitch and you see these lads playing and then you watch them on TV or in Croke Park.
That is a massive thing. Your goals are raised and the whole club has a certain high standard to aim toward.

Parents and coaches giving positive encouragement to make the kids want to do is another HUGE thing. If a kid who could be a late bloomer is feeling crap every time he comes home from a game or training they will hardly do the extra bits in the first place.
I do worry looking at some club coaches and I can see them making football and hurling a chore for kids with their own insecurities.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Targetman

Being able to kick with both feet, a huge advantage

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

whitey

I think being played in the correct position is definitely a factor.

Coaching would be probably the most important factor though......look at Tom Bradys trajectory, once Bellicheckmgot involved