2008 Ulster Club Championships

Started by Our Nail Loney, August 22, 2008, 11:22:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Apparently Seanie Johnstone pulled his hamstring in the Cavan league final last w'end and is a serious doubt for Cavan Gaels against Ballinderry. It would be hard to see the Gaels win without him.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: SidelineKick on November 10, 2008, 06:02:13 PM
Quote from: orangeman on November 06, 2008, 05:23:48 PM
Ballinderry and Cross final ??

Ballinderry to win the final ?

What odds ??

5/2.  I have them at 4-1, know a few who got them at 6-1.  Cross 8/13, other 2 are 6-1.

some price

DoYerJob Linesman

Quote from: mylestheslasher on November 12, 2008, 05:01:15 PM
Apparently Seanie Johnstone pulled his hamstring in the Cavan league final last w'end and is a serious doubt for Cavan Gaels against Ballinderry. It would be hard to see the Gaels win without him.

Is this true?  Any reports on how his rehab is coming along?   8)
17/03/02 - Semple Stadium Thurles - Heaven On Earth

mylestheslasher

Its True - From Hoganstand....

Johnston a doubt for Ballinderry clash

Cavan's Seanie Johnston
12 November 2008

Cavan Gaels star forward Sean Johnston is considered to be a serious doubt to play in this Sunday's Ulster Senior Football Club Championship semi-final against Ballinderry at St Tiernach's Park, Clones.

The county sharpshooter limped off with a hamstring injury in the Gaels' four-point victory over Cuchullains last Sunday, which saw the Cavan kingpins claim their fifth Division One league title in six years.

Johnston has been receiving regular treatment on the injury since Sunday, but admits that he won't know if he'll be able to line out against the Derry champions until closer to the date.

"It's not great to be honest," Johnston admitted to the Anglo-Celt newspaper on Monday. "I've done some sort of damage to my hamstring. I had treatment there today and I'm just icing it a lot at the minute, I'll not be able to tell for a day or two how bad it is. It's very tender, I can feel it sore when I'm walking.

"There is not that much time before the Ballinderry match and it's obviously going to be dodgy enough. I'm getting treatment all week and hopefully I will be able to play, with a little bit of luck I will be alright but I wouldn't be that unbelievably hopeful at the minute."

If indeed Johnston misses out on the last four clash this Sunday, it will be a huge blow to Mick O'Dowd's side who are looking to claim a first ever Ulster senior club title for their club and county.

Doire abú

Just cause he says its true, doesn't make it true.  ::)

mylestheslasher

Well all I can say is that he def limped off last w'end in the league semi and it looked like a hamstring. How bad it is I don't know. Sure the Gaels will probably thump ye anyway without johnstone!

thebandit

What sort of ball is Mickey Lyng playing these days?

Our Nail Loney

mylestheslasher

Quote from: thebandit on November 13, 2008, 03:34:34 PM

Coming into form. Was excellent againt St Galls by all accounts. If he gets on the ball he is deadly and his work rate tackling back is excellent.

thebandit

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on November 13, 2008, 03:37:31 PM
Quote from: thebandit on November 13, 2008, 03:34:34 PM

Round

You are a big help! He's a good player if he can get on the right side of the injuries.

milltown row

Lyng was rubbish, like i said before, bar the ball breaking off his foot and trickling into the net he did nothing, by all accounts, i was there

DownFanatic

Wasn't there big scandal when Lyng was younger when he transferred from Crosserlough to Cavan Gaels?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: milltown row on November 13, 2008, 08:01:41 PM
Lyng was rubbish, like i said before, bar the ball breaking off his foot and trickling into the net he did nothing, by all accounts, i was there

Well I spoke to a lot of people in attendance that said his tackling back was immense. There was no scandal when Lyng transferred as he was U16 at the time, the scandal (or slagging) came later when Anthony Forde transfered to Cavan Gaels from junior club Shannon Gaels and people started to look at Cavan Gaels and how they allegedly poach players. Lyngs name would have come up in that discussion.

milltown row

he's a forward player!!!

if Jonstone is injured then i fear for Cavan Gaels

mylestheslasher

Quote from: milltown row on November 13, 2008, 09:57:23 PM
he's a forward player!!!

if Jonstone is injured then i fear for Cavan Gaels

So forwards don't defend now! Have you missed the last 10 yrs of Ulster Football.