Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

How many go from each group or is it like last season?

Thank god we are not in the group of death.  Any of the teams there would grace any semi/final.

As for our group, I wouldn't be so hopeful of good games and there is the sleeping giant of Kingscourt.  Although Denn/Killygarry will be illuminating.  We need to win as I don't know how we'd do in the qualifiers.

Will Setanta be in for coverage of the games in Group 1 of the seniior championship?  Looking at it there will be some ding-dong games there! 

Are CG in line to equal Crosserlough's seven in a row?  Maybe it will be seven in a decade?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

glens abu

I played football at school many years ago with a Cavan footballer Donal Meade and heard last year that he had passed away would anyone on this site be able to confirm this and be able to give me any information about him.

LackenLegend

In Group 1 i would think that Drumbride would make the group and themselves and Belturbet might get through although you cannot rule out Redhills. In my opinion Group 2 is the toughest. I would think it will be Gowna and Cuchullains to go through. Group 3 seems straight-forward enough for me with Cavan Gaels and Mullahoran to proceed. Group 4 is tough to gauge but ill be optimistic and say Lacken and Kingscourt to go through. Sorry lads, i will probably be proven wrong yet.
Timmmmy!

Homer

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 10, 2009, 02:15:57 PM

Are CG in line to equal Crosserlough's seven in a row?  Maybe it will be seven in a decade?

Mullahoran won the Championship in 2006 I think, but they have won six this decade. 

mylestheslasher

Quote from: glens abu on February 10, 2009, 02:38:13 PM
I played football at school many years ago with a Cavan footballer Donal Meade and heard last year that he had passed away would anyone on this site be able to confirm this and be able to give me any information about him.

I don't know the lad. Do you remember where he was from?

glens abu

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 10, 2009, 03:15:02 PM

no as far as I know he went on to represent Cavan,in the early 70's

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: LackenLegend on February 10, 2009, 02:40:15 PM
In Group 1 i would think that Drumbride would make the group and themselves and Belturbet might get through although you cannot rule out Redhills. In my opinion Group 2 is the toughest. I would think it will be Gowna and Cuchullains to go through. Group 3 seems straight-forward enough for me with Cavan Gaels and Mullahoran to proceed. Group 4 is tough to gauge but ill be optimistic and say Lacken and Kingscourt to go through. Sorry lads, i will probably be proven wrong yet.

disagree about group 3,
it all depends for me exactly how many players ballinagh are missing due to emigration,specifically to Oz,
If they had a full time id fancy them to knock Mullahoran out.
Crosserlough can be great on their day and be atrocious aswell.
Gaels to go through,and any one of the other 3.

Lads weigh in with your top 15 players from Cavan,on the thread on the main discussion board.

tierworker blue

Quote from: glens abu on February 10, 2009, 03:20:30 PM

I don't have any direct connection, so I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I know he passed away last year some time.

Homer

Quote from: tierworker blue on February 10, 2009, 03:43:08 PM

I don't have any direct connection, so I'm not 100% sure, but as far as I know he passed away last year some time.

Don't know much about him but found this http://www.rip.ie/death_notices_detail.asp?NoticeID=54096

the salmon of knowledge

for the record i am a mountnugent man.

championship draw with all respect looks ok for us anyway, well if you can believe the reports that corlough have lost up to 7 players due to immigration... its championship though, so nothing can be taken for granted. its sad to see a club that doesnt have huge numbers anyway to take such a crippling blow.
could anyone shed more light on their clubs around the county in relation to this matter?

according to reports cavan played quite well in mayo, mackey got 1-2 and jayo weighed in with 1-1. but the real talking points came later on in the night, when certain members of the panel were noted for their boxing skills as much as their ball skills!!

on another note, didn anyone read the piece in the cavan post titled "blue is the colour", jesus that fella shoots from the hip!!! say he is off larrys xmas card list ;)

glens abu

Quote from: Homer on February 10, 2009, 04:42:55 PM
Quote from: tierworker blue on February 10, 2009, 03:43:08 PM

Don't know much about him but found this http://www.rip.ie/death_notices_detail.asp?NoticeID=54096

many thanks lads

BallyhaiseMan

il ask the auld boy about him at the weekend glens abu, He followed Cavan everywhere during the 60's and 70's.

glens abu

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on February 10, 2009, 04:54:04 PM
il ask the auld boy about him at the weekend glens abu, He followed Cavan everywhere during the 60's and 70's.

thanks Ballyhaise would appreciate that.

Drung

Donal Meade was a Cuchullains and Cavan footballer of the 70s, I remember him well, a classy player in midfield or attack.

He died last September and is buried in Raffoney cemetery near Cross.

glens abu

Quote from: Drung on February 10, 2009, 05:46:36 PM
Donal Meade was a Cuchullains and Cavan footballer of the 70s, I remember him well, a classy player in midfield or attack.

He died last September and is buried in Raffoney cemetery near Cross.

M.any thanks Drunk I rem him from school days and he sure was a class footballer then,I see on the death notice he died tragically in England