Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Got the result from a friend in Mayo. It was in Ballinrobe and Mayo won 2-13 to 2-09. Didn't get much time to chat to my friend but he told me Walsh and Galligan played in the middle, Podge FB and Larry and Jason in the FF line. Cavan started well but Mayo got ahead by a goal coming to half time by a goal. Sorry have no other info.

Welcome to the board RednBlack.

the salmon of knowledge

hello all,
first post on this site so good to be here... a certain other site gets a bit tedious when you have to sift through so many threads to find any proper football conversations.
still playing ball myself(just about!) with my local club, a junior A side, so that and the county side is what i am interested in discussing.

cavanmaniac

Welcome aboard Salmon, and Rednblack, refugees welcome as long as the riff raff stay where they are!

We must have one of the biggest contingents on the board now, outside of Tyrone, Armagh posters anyway.

Denn Forever

Welcome tsok and hope you find the site worthwhile and enjoyable.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

put-it-up

Well lads another newcomer on board. Was tellin a friend of mine I was running out of patience with a popular website named after a section of Croke Park and he suggested this one. Far too much rubbish on the other one and pointless topics.

Was wondering if anyone heard about the Mayo game at the weekend. I know both the senior and U21 panel played games. Any news on either of them?

cavan4ever

Quote from: put-it-up on February 09, 2009, 09:53:18 PM
Well lads another newcomer on board. Was tellin a friend of mine I was running out of patience with a popular website named after a section of Croke Park and he suggested this one. Far too much rubbish on the other one and pointless topics.

Welcome to all the new members. 

What clubs are you all from if you dont mind telling?

Owenmoresider

Quote from: cavanmaniac on February 09, 2009, 09:45:19 PM
Welcome aboard Salmon, and Rednblack, refugees welcome as long as the riff raff stay where they are!

We must have one of the biggest contingents on the board now, outside of Tyrone, Armagh posters anyway.
Hard to know on that, the club threads from the Ulster counties are quite large, so Derry and Down could be added to those two too. And then there's Mayo... :-X

When's the club action starting over there? We're under way next weekend, as are Roscommon, and Leitrim the week after next.

Celt_Man

Hot off the press - Club Championship draws...

Junior

Group one:
M'connacht
Shercock
Cavan Gaels
Swad

Group 2:
Arva
Maghera
Shannon Gaels

Group 3:
Corlough
Cornafern
Mountnugent

Group 4:
B'Bridge
Killdallon
Templeport

Inter:

G 1:
Drumalee
Lavey
Ballyhaise
Killeshandra

G2:
Ballymachugh
Drumgoon
Bailieboro
Drung

G3:
Laragh
Kilinkere
Kill

G4:
Knockbride
Drumlane
Cootehill

Senior:

3 amalgamations:  
Drumbride: Goonies and Knockbride
West Cavan Gaels: Shannon Gaels, Corlough, templeport and kildallon
Blackwater Gaels: Maghera and M'connacht

Drumbride play WCG and winners go into senior champo proper, losers play Blackwater gaels and winner of that then goes into senior champo

G1:
Redhills
winner of Drumbride/WCG
Belturbet
winner of Blackwater gaels v loser of Drumbride/WCG

G2:
Gowna
Cuchullainns
Castlerahan
Ramor

G3:
Mullahorn
Cavan Gaels
C'lough
Ballinagh

G4:
Killygarry
Denn
Lacken
Kingscourt

Round 1: 1 v 2; 3 v 4
Round 2: 1 v 3; 2 v 4
Round 3: 1 v 4; 2 v 3

First round of games take place weekend after cavan play in Ulster with the redhills v winner of Drumbride/WCG and Belturbet v winner of Blackwater gaels v loser of Drumbride/WCG games on the Wednesday to give Amalgamated teams a chance to recover....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

mylestheslasher

G1 in intermediate looks nasty. Drumalee, Ballyhaise, Killeshandra & Lavey. There'll be fun on here Boojangles and BHM!

Celt_Man

Aye ourselves, Knockbride and Drumlane - not too much room for messing up there either....
All the groups in the senior champo look competitive too
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 09, 2009, 10:16:16 PM
G1 in intermediate looks nasty. Drumalee, Ballyhaise, Killeshandra & Lavey. There'll be fun on here Boojangles and BHM!

jesus
3 contenders for the title
Drumalee
ourselves and Lavey

and an ever improving young Slasher team who i believe are going to be intermediate champions within the next 5 years.

a couple of good teams are going to lose out.

Its going to be exciting,thats for sure.

Group 3 in the senior will be tasty:
Mullahoran
Cavan Gaels
C'lough
Ballinagh

cavan4ever

3 amalgamations: 
Drumbride: Goonies and Knockbride
West Cavan Gaels: Shannon Gaels, Corlough, templeport and kildallon
Blackwater Gaels: Maghera and M'connacht

What you think of the amalgamations?

Homer

QuoteGroup 3
Mullahoran, Cavan Gaels, Crosserlough, Ballinagh

Lord have mercy!

I see the teams involved in amalgamations are also playing individually in the intermediate / junior. I dunno how well this will work out and could potentially throw up some fixture headaches more than anything. Drumbride could be a strong outfit if both houses are in order I don't know about the other two.

Welcome to the board RednBlack, Salmon and Put-it-up

LackenLegend

Well RednBlack and Denn Forever what do ye think of our group for the championship? It may throw up the best games as no team is much better than another.
Timmmmy!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: RednBlack on February 10, 2009, 01:14:21 PM
Group 4 could throw up any two teams. Everyone of them will fancy beating the other on any given day. I was surprised they didn't put the four semi finalists from last year into the four groups as seeds and then do the draw. The Gaels, Mullahoran, Crosserlough, Ballinagh group will be a battle royale and at least two of them would really fancy their chances of winning it out. Speaking of Ballinagh I heard from someone at the game in Mayo that Podge did well at FB and that Mayo had a good strong team. I would expect to see him there again on Sunday. Conditions were supposed to be dreadful and freezing. Makes you wonder what benefits a team gets from games on nights like that cos I know a number of the players are now dosed with the flu. And we need to beat Tipperary!!!!

I asked my man from Mayo that was at the game how our FB did. He said it was hard to judge! Mayo seemingly had a strong enough outfit out but not sure who Cavan had. Surely we have enough to beat Tipp anyhow.