Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tierworker blue

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 26, 2009, 06:59:27 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 26, 2009, 06:50:20 PM
Hope to head over to longford. The person quoting you on hoganstand is probably just having a wee look in and not posting here. I'd say that the hoganstand admin will not let them print the URL of this site. I feel like that film "night of the living dead", we are all in the safe shopping mall of gaaboard and the zombies are outside in hoganstand trying to get in to eat our brains!

:D

Sssssshhhhhhh......they might hear us!
What time is the game on Saturday evening?

cavan4ever

Quote from: tierworker blue on January 26, 2009, 10:27:43 PM
Quote from: cavan4ever on January 26, 2009, 06:59:27 PM
Hope to head over to longford. The person quoting you on hoganstand is probably just having a wee look in and not posting here. I'd say that the hoganstand admin will not let them print the URL of this site. I feel like that film "night of the living dead", we are all in the safe shopping mall of gaaboard and the zombies are outside in hoganstand trying to get in to eat our brains!

:D

Sssssshhhhhhh......they might hear us!
What time is the game on Saturday evening?

It's on Sunday in Longford.  Not sure of the time probably 14.00 or 14.30

cavanmaniac

I feel like that film "night of the living dead", we are all in the safe shopping mall of gaaboard and the zombies are outside in hoganstand trying to get in to eat our brains!

;D

You can understand some of them wanting to eat brains though. What's seldom seen over there must taste wonderful.

LackenLegend

Hello there lads, it has been a while. Don't worry, i've been reading back and am now up to date. Are there many lads missing for Sunday? It's a pity we didn't get to see more of the lads in McKenna Cup.
Timmmmy!

cornafean

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 26, 2009, 06:56:13 PM

I doubt they are looking in, I'd say your the only one with internet access out there in Redland. ;)

;D

Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 26, 2009, 06:56:13 PM

To name a few "blow ins" from Killeshandra,
Big Tom
John Joe
Tommy Connolly
Packie Phair
Packie Devlin

"Through the length and breadth of Breifne they are singing one refrain
God rest you John Joe Reilly you were the pride of Killeshandra :o :o :o "

;D

I don't think Big Tom & John Joe could be classed as "blow ins from Killeshandra". They did have Killeshandra addresses (as do half of Cornafean) but Being from the Upper Derries, they went to Corliss School and they played football in Cornafean from the time they were children.

Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: cavan4ever on January 26, 2009, 04:59:02 PM
Are most people heading to Longford on Sunday?

Who would you prefer to see in goals Ellliot or Fintan Reilly?

Fintan Reily over Eoin Elliot everytime.

BallyhaiseMan

Its been years since ive been in Pearse Park, anyone got directions?

North Longford

Re: Wireless Router Help
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 07:09:09 PM »
Quote from: North Longford on January 26, 2009, 06:01:03 PM
Coming in from edwardstown
You won't find that on a map but when you get to Edgeworthstown  ;) next town is Longford on the Sligo road.
You'll come to a roundabout at the edge of Longford and you need to go right onto the Bypass(Second exit).
Go straight through the next roundabout and when you get to the third one, ;) Pearse park is the first exit off it to the left but as I said you might be as well to park there before the roundabout for a quick getaway. (Altho I'm afraid a lot of us may be gone before it's over!)

Excuse my spelling!

Will it be ok to park there will the car be sitting on blocks when i get back?    :P

Directions from another thread where I got some help from Cavan4ever and reciprocated it with directions.

And to answer the last question...........now we'd hardly leave 4 good blocks behind would we!!

mylestheslasher

Head to longford from Arva and you are heading in the right road. If you come the edgeworthstown road head for Sligo till you get to the Drumlish roundabout and then head into the town. Ground is on the right hand side just a bit along that road

LackenLegend

Yeah, it's beside McDonalds isn't it?
Timmmmy!

Homer

Yeah just past McDonalds.

Use to go there every year for the Fr. Manning Cup final. Cavan reqularly made the final and won it on more occasions than not too. A sign of things to come?  :'(

LackenLegend

It will be interesting to see how Carr lines out the team. It would be great to see some of the so-called "stars" back and mixed in with the new lads who are playing well. You have to look at Larry to start or at least feature on Sunday. It's no journey to Longford really from any part of Cavan and any Cavan man who can make it should!
Timmmmy!

mylestheslasher

Are the students back available for this weekend?

I fancy Cavan to win this one (providing carr is making it a priority to get promoted and isn't going to use the league like another McKenna cup) . I think it is vital we do and set ourselves up for the next game at home.

cavan4sam

Sorry for being away for so long lads, work commitments and all that.

Heard Cavan were pretty good against Wexford on Saturday, Sean Brady is supposed to have performed well at CHB while Rory Dunne was also fairly solid at FB, he was marking Mattie Forde. David Gibney started at a serious pace at midfield catching a few balls and kicking 2 points in the opening 10 minutes but his man also kicked 2 points in the same period, not fond of tracking back. He went off 5 minutes into the second half with sore hamstrings. Mark McKeever was apparently excellent at HF and the star of the show was Larry Reilly kicking 5 points from play. John Tierney played well in the second half when the Wexford players got tired, scored 1-3

Just to go back to the question somebody asked me about Sean and training, he would be kinda lazy i suppose but hopfully with him now injury free we might to get to see the best of him. May be in line to start at CHB on Sunday.

Ill be at the match anyway, apparently Longford are a shambles so hopefully we get off to a winning start!