Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

I don't know the exact reasons behind most of the players, some have opted out through injury or disinterest, others dropped due to inadequacy or misbehaviour, while some may have also made themselves unavailable due to disagreements with the management.

Whatever the reasons it's still an alarming amount of talent that we have to do without.

cavan4ever

Ciaran Galligan wasn't on the panel this year beacuse he was recovering from injury.  He was told that he would be looked at after he played 6 games for Drung.  He has been very poor this year which is probably why he wasn't called back in but his form has improved the last few games.

billy the kid

Quote from: cavan4ever on July 08, 2008, 04:44:05 PM
Ciaran Galligan wasn't on the panel this year beacuse he was recovering from injury.  He was told that he would be looked at after he played 6 games for Drung.  He has been very poor this year which is probably why he wasn't called back in but his form has improved the last few games.

So would it be fair to say he has been DUNG for DRUNG?? ;) ;)
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Denn Forever

U21 games on tonight.  What are the options?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

LackenLegend

Hello there dudes, long time no post. Just to comment on the last post. I don't think Fiinbar left the panel at all. I think he was injured and was then allowed to play for club after as he was nowhere near the starting team. I think he was on the panel all along which probably wasn't fair on other players. Do any of ye know if the games are going ahead this weekend with or without county players? I know the qualifier is next week.
Timmmmy!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Homer on July 08, 2008, 12:16:32 PM
Very quiet around these parts.

Congratulations all round to everyone involved with the Feile at the weekend. By all accounts a brilliant festival with some very enjoyable games produced.

Ballinagh will learn their irreversible fate by the end of this week as they re-submit an appeal of clemency to the county board. The club has taken a few internal measures and hopes this may be enough to sway things in their favour but I can't say I hold much hope on the CB budging after all the media coverage.

As for the county set-up it's been confirmed that McDonald, Gaffney and Cunningham have all jumped ship over the last week.
Myles, any sightings of Keoghan around Killeshandra with a spade?

Not following you there Homer. Been away on hols for past weeks so maybe I missed something.

Denn Forever suggests that players leaving the panel may be just down to the fact that the players are not dedicated. There may be an element in that but the larger probability is that it is down to man management - or the lack of it. A panel will always consist of numbers of players not getting a game but it is the managers job to keep these guys motivated, to convince them that they can get on the team, to convince them that a year or two on the panel will get them on the team in the future. I have no doubt that keoghan does not have the brains  to do that  nor the ability. Comapre him to Mick O Dwyer. He inherited Wicklow which has always been stricken by in fighting, guys refusing  to play with other guys etc. Micko comes in and suddenly everyone is willing to have a go and stick at it.

Cavan need a new manager. A man that can motivate, has tactical knowledge of football  and knows how to train a team. Basically the total opposite of Donal Keoghan.

BallyhaiseMan

Had to laugh at C4ever's post about Keoghan taking the team down to Clones on the wrong day  :D  :D  :D
Comical stuff really.
3 midfielders gone from the panel.
Lorcan Mulvey,Mark McKeever midfield pairing against the 6'4 duo of Kildare i expect.  :D
:-\
Was there anyone brought in to the panel lately?

Homer

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 09, 2008, 01:27:42 PM

Not following you there Homer. Been away on hols for past weeks so maybe I missed something.

Because I honestly don't know if he is joking anymore....

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 28, 2008, 02:31:55 PM
Just to summarise his (Keoghan's) stupidty, did any of you see last weeks celt? Reporter ask Keoghan if he has any intention of addressing the fact that Cavan haven't had a proper settled midfield partnership since the 60's. Keoghan says that he will bring back John Joe O Reilly - very funny except John Joe played Ctr Back. Then asked to explain why he took of Galligan when most observers thought he did well Keoghan says he'd rather keep that one to himself (translates as I haven't a f**king clue).

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Homer on July 09, 2008, 01:39:55 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 09, 2008, 01:27:42 PM

Because I honestly don't know if he is joking anymore....

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 28, 2008, 02:31:55 PM
Just to summarise his (Keoghan's) stupidty, did any of you see last weeks celt? Reporter ask Keoghan if he has any intention of addressing the fact that Cavan haven't had a proper settled midfield partnership since the 60's. Keoghan says that he will bring back John Joe O Reilly - very funny except John Joe played Ctr Back. Then asked to explain why he took of Galligan when most observers thought he did well Keoghan says he'd rather keep that one to himself (translates as I haven't a f**king clue).

Now I follow you  ;D

Maximus Marillius

Jez lads do yuse lads not know anything.....according to ye your manager knows nothiong and according to all reports yer county board does not know or have any control of who can use breffni park (aussie trail) :o :o is it  melt down in cavan?

Swadman

Myles, youre bang on the money again. "A panel will always consist of numbers of players not getting a game but it is the managers job to keep these guys motivated, to convince them that they can get on the team, to convince them that a year or two on the panel will get them on the team in the future. I have no doubt that keoghan does not have the brains  to do that  nor the ability."
As for Maximus, The Breffni gate affair is obviously a clever arrangement whereby our Co Board give the Aussies a couple of u-14 gossins and in exchange we get a couple of 6'-4" midfielders.  Cavan for Sam in 2013  ::)

cavan4ever

Cavan lost by 4 points to Laois last night.  Have no other details other than Sean Brady picked up a bad injury.

Mr. Pain

Brady injured. Well that is a big surprise!
No Pain, no gain. Enjoy Mr. Pain responsibly.

CoillyG

I heard its not bad at all and he played on the rest of the game. Lord knows, we need him!

cavan4ever

Anyone have the league tables?