The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dire Ear

gawa316

Group E is pure dirt and Citee got it easy. Tough enough for us & utd and Spurs have the hardest group.

dec

Group A: Atletico Madrid, Dortmund, Monaco, Club Brugge
    Group B: Barcelona, TOTTENHAM, PSV, Inter Milan
    Group C: PSG, Napoli, LIVERPOOL, Red Star Belgrade
    Group D: Lokomotiv Moscow, Porto, Schalke, Galatasararay
    Group E: Bayern Munich, Benfica, Ajax, AEK Athens
    Group F: MAN CITY, Shakhtar, Lyon, Hoffenheim
    Group G: Real Madrid, Roma, CSKA Moscow, Viktoria Plzen
    Group H: Juventus, MAN UTD, Valencia, Young Boys

Not bad, I would only swap for Group D

Captain Obvious

Better sides in the Europa league than all four teams in group D. Liverpool and Manchester City should reach the knock out stage, Tottenham and Manchester United could be facing group exits and Europa league football.

Capt Pat

It is a tough draw but it could have been worse. Tottenham got a worse draw than Liverpool and they were  in pot 2. Utd also got a tough draw from pot 2.

Napoli are not to be dismissed lightly but they lost their coach to Chelsea in the summer. We will beat Belgrade twice I think, so the key games are against Napoli.

gawa316

The PSG games could be humdingers Salah, Mane & Bobby v Neymar, Mbappe and Cavani

laoislad

It's a decent group I think. Liverpool have more than enough to win it and you'd think it would be between us and Paris for first and second. Spurs have by far the worst group and the United group is also harder than Liverpool imo. City's group is a joke.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

A tasty 3rd round League cup tie for Liverpool.

bennydorano

Quote from: laoislad on August 30, 2018, 06:47:52 PM
It's a decent group I think. Liverpool have more than enough to win it and you'd think it would be between us and Paris for first and second. Spurs have by far the worst group and the United group is also harder than Liverpool imo. City's group is a joke.
The joke group used to be Man United's every year without fail.  The worm has really turned.

laoislad

At home to PSG first game.

Liverpool v PSG (H) 18 Sep
Liverpool v Napoli (A) 3 Oct
Liverpool v Red Star (H) 24 Oct
Liverpool v Red Star (A) 6 Nov
Liverpool v PSG (A) 28 Nov
Liverpool v Napoli  (H) Dec 11
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

imtommygunn

What are Napoli like? Are they not pretty good? Tough enough group there.

Capt Pat

Napoli finished 4 points behind champs Juventus last year but 19 points ahead of Inter. So they appear to be a pretty decent team. Having said that after looking at their roster on wikipedia, they have no players in attack midfield or defence that would scare you.

Syferus

Quote from: Capt Pat on August 30, 2018, 10:49:35 PM
Napoli finished 4 points behind champs Juventus last year but 19 points ahead of Inter. So they appear to be a pretty decent team. Having said that after looking at their roster on wikipedia, they have no players in attack midfield or defence that would scare you.

Insigne, Mertens, Callejon and Hamsik playing in behind them.

No players in attack that would scare you? Wha? Koulibaly is one of the most sought after CBs in the sport right now, btw.

imtommygunn

Looking at those groups again I don't think there is much difference in terms of difficulty between united and liverpool's groups. There are 2 handy enough groups there but the rest of them are very tough.

gawa316

Henderson in for Naby the only change