Boxing Thread

Started by bennydorano, November 04, 2007, 09:00:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taylor

Quote from: Don Johnson on February 12, 2020, 11:38:41 PM
Quote from: Taylor on February 12, 2020, 02:47:48 PM
Quote from: general on February 12, 2020, 09:59:19 AM
https://mtkglobal.com/new-signing/mtk-global-signs-amateur-star-quinn/

Congrats to Fearghus Quinn from Belleeks Co Armagh. I know his sister very well, certainly has dedicated every part of his life to boxing and now has the fantastic opportunity of fighting under MTK along side the fury, Frampton, conlons of the boxing world

Is that the lad that fought Donnelly in the Irish finals a year or two ago and was robbed?

The very one.

He looked good but dont know if he will be a heavy enough puncher at the higher level - fingers crossed another local boxer can go far.

Will have the opportunity to get on some good cards with them anyway if he gets a few wins

gallsman

Fury a big 273

Wilder a very big 231

Don Johnson

Anyone see Tyrone McKenna's fight last night? An absolute robbery of a decision for the French fella he was fighting. I was glancing at in play betting throughout and at the end the Frenchman was 1/200 to win then they suspended it completely they assumed it was that much of a given.

Though I suppose it's easier to market McKenna v O'Hara Davies in the final than some French fella who can't speak English.

square_ball

Quote from: Don Johnson on February 22, 2020, 09:26:57 AM
Anyone see Tyrone McKenna's fight last night? An absolute robbery of a decision for the French fella he was fighting. I was glancing at in play betting throughout and at the end the Frenchman was 1/200 to win then they suspended it completely they assumed it was that much of a given.

Though I suppose it's easier to market McKenna v O'Hara Davies in the final than some French fella who can't speak English.

Yeah it was a robbery. I thought when they read the scorecards out the scores were fair enough in favour of the Frenchman and couldn't believe they said Tyrone McKennas name. The reaction of the ref said it all. Even Tyrone couldn't believe it either. It was a good fight too.

BennyHarp

Wilder all over the place here!
That was never a square ball!!

JPGJOHNNYG

Impressive start from Fury.

gawa316

Wow that was absolute domination by Fury

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: gawa316 on February 23, 2020, 05:41:58 AM
Wow that was absolute domination by Fury

Certainly wasn't expecting it to be so one sided

Boycey

The Gypsy King absolutely schooled him.... Mightily impressive destruction of an opponent.

gallsman

Special performance from Fury. Didn't think Wilder looked right even before he got smashed on the ear.

Please, please, please, please don't go off the rails. Schooling Joshua in front of 90,000 in Wembley has to happen.

Boycey

From Patsy Cline to Don McLean, u couldn't make it up. What a man  ;D

HiMucker

Quote from: gallsman on February 23, 2020, 05:53:15 AM
Special performance from Fury. Didn't think Wilder looked right even before he got smashed on the ear.

Please, please, please, please don't go off the rails. Schooling Joshua in front of 90,000 in Wembley has to happen.

This! Tyson Fury would absolutely demolish Joshua if he keeps himself right!

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: HiMucker on February 23, 2020, 06:00:12 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 23, 2020, 05:53:15 AM

This! Tyson Fury would absolutely demolish Joshua if he keeps himself right!

Expect hearn to still be looking at a bigger split for AJ the bell end.

gallsman

Delighted for Andy Lee btw. One of the best and most insightful analysts in Irish sport

screenexile

Was not expecting that what a performance undoubtedly the best in the world!!