NFL Division 2 - 2020

Started by Captain Obvious, January 10, 2020, 05:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

LCohen

can't see Fermanagh having the fire power for this division. Expect them to be dull as feck to watch
Armagh likely to be the polar opposite. We have plenty of defenders but really need the competition for places to result in some improvement in defensive performance. The defensive organisation needs to improve. Massively
Cavan missing a few but have been effective at this level for a while
Clare missing key players
Kildare will expect a bounce under O'Connor and he obviously thinks there is potential there. Most will expect them to up
Laois will be most people's favourites to go down.  That said most memories from Portloaise have been grim in recent years
Roscommon will be in the mix
Westmeath likely to be fighting at the bottom end

Rossfan

As well as Diarmuid Murtagh and McInerney who are not on the panel out injured are
C Daly, Cox, Glennon and longer term Devaney, Mullooly, Harney and C Murtagh.
We're vulnerable and if we dont beat Laois Sunday will be more concerned with avoiding Tier 2 than chasing Promotion.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Ethan Tremblay

Highly competitive and from the outset would expect Armagh/Kildare/Rosscommon to go up, but in saying that, a few unexpected results can turn the league on its head.  Honestly think anything less from these 3 would be considered a bad league for them. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

lurganblue

I would be surprised if Armagh go up.  I just don't think they are defensively sound enough.  Also, if they haven't yet sorted their inability to hold onto a lead then they could again be in the mix at the bottom end.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Rossfan on January 23, 2020, 10:23:00 AM
As well as Diarmuid Murtagh and McInerney who are not on the panel out injured are
C Daly, Cox, Glennon and longer term Devaney, Mullooly, Harney and C Murtagh.
We're vulnerable and if we dont beat Laois Sunday will be more concerned with avoiding Tier 2 than chasing Promotion.

With the amount of players that both Cavan and Roscommon are without it will come as surprise if Armagh and Kildare don't take advantage and gain promotion.

lurganblue

GAA at their work too again I see. Cant buy any more tickets for the Armagh match online and very few places nearby that do prepaid tickets (none in Lurgan that I know of).  £19 quid it is then. Joke.

Why would they limit the amount that be bought online?

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: lurganblue on January 23, 2020, 11:27:22 AM
I would be surprised if Armagh go up.  I just don't think they are defensively sound enough.  Also, if they haven't yet sorted their inability to hold onto a lead then they could again be in the mix at the bottom end.

Aye it is the weakest area on the pitch for them, but I genuinely think we have a top top forward line and decent options off the bench that could turn games around.  The fact other teams seem to be hit hard with players walking away and player out injured/retirements Armagh seem to have retained their starting team from last year and added to it. 

But again, it only takes a bad result to throw the whole thing up in the air.
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

tonto1888

Quote from: lurganblue on January 23, 2020, 11:35:03 AM
GAA at their work too again I see. Cant buy any more tickets for the Armagh match online and very few places nearby that do prepaid tickets (none in Lurgan that I know of).  £19 quid it is then. Joke.

I think it is because they need time to post them. Could be wrong tho. Tried to buy one last night and couldn't so Twitter it'll be for me. I'm not paying £19

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: tonto1888 on January 23, 2020, 01:38:44 PM

I think it is because they need time to post them. Could be wrong tho. Tried to buy one last night and couldn't so Twitter it'll be for me. I'm not paying £19
A ticket printing machine would be a good idea at a ground
Put in your code, out pops the prepaid ticket

armaghniac

I'm after buying one now, according to Armagh twitter they are available until noon tomorrow.

https://armaghgaa.tickets.ie/
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

I'd be very surprised if cavan get anything from the match, it's not the amount of players we've lost but more who they are. Mickey Graham has upped the anti in cavan and is taking no shit, training effort is tough and the lads that did stay around are putting it in so maybe that counts for something. Bookies have Armagh 1/3 so I'm expecting 5 or 6 point win for the orange men, they probably wont need to start fighting either to achieve it.

lurganblue

Quote from: armaghniac on January 23, 2020, 09:25:31 PM

I'm after buying one now, according to Armagh twitter they are available until noon tomorrow.

https://armaghgaa.tickets.ie/

Cheers.  Got them printed off ok there.

Blowitupref

Cavan team to play Armagh.   Raymond Galligan; Paddy Meade, Padraig Faulkner, Luke Fortune; Ciaran Brady, Benjamin Kelly, Oisin Kiernan; Killian Brady, Evan Fortune; Stephen Smith, Simon Cadden, Niall Murray; Martin Reilly, Gearoid McKiernan, Conor Madden.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Rudi

Armagh and Kildare are flaky. Roscommon, Clare and Cavan are missing a silly mount of players. Laois look to be in a bad place. Westmeath went from D1 to 2 to 3 to 4 to 3 to 2 in consecutive years & Fermanagh were'nt far away in the league last year. In conclusion I dont expect 2 from Armagh, Kildare nd Ros to go up.