Buff Egan - Hurling Banter Facebook

Started by JimStynes, July 04, 2017, 08:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: seafoid on December 24, 2017, 04:44:30 PM
I would say it is business frustration. He has the brand but not the cash-flow.

It's brain cells he needs not cash flow
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

JimStynes

Quote from: Minder on December 24, 2017, 04:51:09 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 24, 2017, 04:44:30 PM
I would say it is business frustration. He has the brand but not the cash-flow.

It's brain cells he needs not cash flow

He's built it all on the basis of it being voluntary. He's probably dying to charge for appearances etc. I still think he's harmless and does more good than bad.

BallyroanAbu

Rory is boring now only so far you can go repeating yourself,  Buff I would think started as a hobby but he would have to be clever to monotise himself.  He is not exactly going to get paid €15 a skull to say capice.

imtommygunn

I think the fella defines himself by followers etc - met him once without having a clue who he was and more or less introduced himself by telling me how many facebook followers he had.

I really don't think there was an end game with monetising things etc. Without trying to be disrespectful I think people are looking for a depth that isn't there. Maybe some people have tried to persuade him he can make money but i can't see why anyone would pay him to appear.

MoChara

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 24, 2017, 08:57:05 PM
I think the fella defines himself by followers etc - met him once without having a clue who he was and more or less introduced himself by telling me how many facebook followers he had.

I really don't think there was an end game with monetising things etc. Without trying to be disrespectful I think people are looking for a depth that isn't there. Maybe some people have tried to persuade him he can make money but i can't see why anyone would pay him to appear.

I'd say he'd be popular for a few juvenile presentations and that but I can't see much more of a spectrum for him. 

seafoid

You wouldn't know with millenials.  JournalisM might fly too.
The biography market could be improved.
People are mad for content during the season. I also think he could grow into a role. He is better than Ger canning...

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on December 27, 2017, 09:01:17 AM

People are mad for content during the season. I also think he could grow into a role. He is better than Ger canning...

Journalism? Are you mental? You'd do well to fill an article with Capiche and Tantalising.

Minder

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 27, 2017, 11:21:08 AM

Journalism? Are you mental? You'd do well to fill an article with Capiche and Tantalising.

Seriously Seafoid catch a grip, do you read any of your posts before posting them ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Quote from: Minder on December 27, 2017, 11:43:12 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 27, 2017, 11:21:08 AM

Seriously Seafoid catch a grip, do you read any of your posts before posting them ?

Capiche etc is Internet.  I rëmember the catchphrases the Mary Whitehouse experience had 25 years agô. It is marketing.

He knows about the sport. A lot of hurling journalism is very poor.
The Indo boys are dire. RTE is hit and miss.
Young people like him.
It all depends what he does now.

imtommygunn

He doesn't know much about the sport and isn't a millennial...

You are looking for something which isn't there or even close to it.

seafoid

JimStynes