Buff Egan - Hurling Banter Facebook

Started by JimStynes, July 04, 2017, 08:42:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2017, 11:37:20 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 27, 2017, 11:22:34 AM
Quote from: seafoid on July 27, 2017, 11:20:07 AM
I think he is really sharp. He has built up a career doing something he loves, that he is very good at. I read somewhere that if you want to set up a business you need to offer something that nobody else is offering.

A career? He said he had to get a girl from Laois to pay for him to go into a match and buy him food. Or was that because he left his wallet at home? I'm not sure this is monitised as of yet, maybe that's a reason for it's popularity too. As he said himself, if he gets sponsorship from some big company, then he'd be beholden to them for approval of his content.

He's not an idiot.
I bet he will make a career out of it.
He'll do stuff in the papers or TV. He has built up something special.

He will I'd say. Fair play to him if he does. At least he seems to love the game!

Croí na hÉireann

I think he is really sharp. He has built up a career doing something he loves, that he is very good at. I read somewhere that if you want to set up a business you need to offer something that nobody else is offering.

A career? He said he had to get a girl from Laois to pay for him to go into a match and buy him food. Or was that because he left his wallet at home? I'm not sure this is monitised as of yet, maybe that's a reason for it's popularity too. As he said himself, if he gets sponsorship from some big company, then he'd be beholden to them for approval of his content.

He's not an idiot.

Lost his wallet apparently, put it out on snapchat and people were coming up offering him food, bed for the night, etc. He got the wallet back too. What does he work at I wonder to be able to get to all these games and put so much content out there.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 27, 2017, 11:44:26 AM

He's not an idiot.

Lost his wallet apparently, put it out on snapchat and people were coming up offering him food, bed for the night, etc. He got the wallet back too. What does he work at I wonder to be able to get to all these games and put so much content out there.
Matches are on at the weekend. He probably pays half fare on the train. Social media is free

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 27, 2017, 11:44:26 AM

He's not an idiot.

Read on another forum that he does nixers and a bit of this and a bit of that. Doesn't have a 9 to 5 but I could be wrong.

With the amount of cooking he does he could be the next Donal Skehan. He's probably a better cook that Skehan is anyway. ;D

theskull1

Buff reporting he got serious abuse from a large number of young supporters today at the game.

Pretty shameful behaviour
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

AZOffaly

He posted a video giving out about it. I still don't think he's all there. If he is he is in the wrong game. He claims his actions and the way he talks are all an act, which I believe, but then he gets upset when young lads, who he aims this act at, start calling him names. They are not calling him the names, they are calling the character he has created those names.

https://www.facebook.com/HumansofGAA/videos/1457205081064918/

Captain Scarlet

It's an odd one here as AZ says he kinda admits himself he acts up for the craic and then the followers treat him as such. Also you would reckon that most of his followers are younger lads and young ones who, when they see him and are in the group with perhaps a few shandies on board want to rip the piss out of him.
If he is saying on one hand that his character is a bit mad then don't expect to be treated like a straight broadcaster like the one point for Tony Kelly lad he refers to. If it is a case of acting up for the Snapchat then you will be treated like a gimmick.
He seems hurt in that post, he acknowledges he acts up a bit, but then fails to connect the fact that that is why people treat him like a fool.
Look he seems to do decent work promoting hurling and I'd have him over Rory's Stories any day.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Mayo4Sam14

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on September 06, 2017, 05:57:19 PM
It's an odd one here as AZ says he kinda admits himself he acts up for the craic and then the followers treat him as such. Also you would reckon that most of his followers are younger lads and young ones who, when they see him and are in the group with perhaps a few shandies on board want to rip the piss out of him.
If he is saying on one hand that his character is a bit mad then don't expect to be treated like a straight broadcaster like the one point for Tony Kelly lad he refers to. If it is a case of acting up for the Snapchat then you will be treated like a gimmick.
He seems hurt in that post, he acknowledges he acts up a bit, but then fails to connect the fact that that is why people treat him like a fool.
Look he seems to do decent work promoting hurling and I'd have him over Rory's Stories any day.

That doesnt justify lads physically attackin him in public though
You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!

AZOffaly

Absolutely not. Anyone who physically attacks a fella for no reason is a shitehawk. Likewise, anyone who verbally abuses the chap for no reason is also a dick. I just think he's not fully aware of how/why this could happen, which is probably along the lines of what Captain Scarlett and I have said. He's doing no harm to anyone, and he's has a savage love for the game. But he talks about getting respect, and the other 'bloggers' in it for the money getting respect. But he doesn't set his 'character'  up as someone that commands respect. I think that's the bit he's missing, and he wouldn't be so upset about it if he put the 2 things together.

It doesn't excuse the lads that abuse him at all, shitehawks, but it might explain it.

Captain Scarlet

Lads being the key word here. Most over 30 would have very little knowledge of him until recently and his core would be secondary school to U21s who are out in a big gang for a match and see him and accost him being pure shitheads acting cool and probably posting it on their own social media.

No excusing anyone getting abuse when they are doing zero harm and causing no offence.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Gabriel_Hurl

Mourne Red

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 07, 2017, 01:56:05 AM
No harm in Buff at all.

Seen on Facebook he got a little bit heated with a Limerick fan? Shoved him into next week

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 06, 2017, 06:35:13 PM
Absolutely not. Anyone who physically attacks a fella for no reason is a shitehawk. Likewise, anyone who verbally abuses the chap for no reason is also a dick. I just think he's not fully aware of how/why this could happen, which is probably along the lines of what Captain Scarlett and I have said. He's doing no harm to anyone, and he's has a savage love for the game. But he talks about getting respect, and the other 'bloggers' in it for the money getting respect. But he doesn't set his 'character'  up as someone that commands respect. I think that's the bit he's missing, and he wouldn't be so upset about it if he put the 2 things together.

It doesn't excuse the lads that abuse him at all, shitehawks, but it might explain it.
Is it begrudgery?  Or something to do with privacy?

theskull1

More like .... When you get young d*ckheads getting their mate to video them doing what they do best
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera