Connacht minor championship

Started by sligoman2, June 22, 2016, 07:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

Ros 0-14 Sligo 2-7 ft.

We play Ros now on Wednesday evening in the semi final.

sligoman2

Congrats Roscommon.  Well done ref another shambles by a ref.  Ross won with last kick of the game.

I'm sick of shit referring
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

galwayman

The game Wednesday is at a Roacommon venue is it?
Think the last time we played it was in Tuam in 2012

Syferus

Kiltoom 7:30pm.

Some drama. Great bravery by Lorcan Daly to go for the winner. No expectations for Wednesday because we will need a performance on a level far beyond what we showed tonight to have a chance.

giveballaghback

Good gutsy win, improvement needed for wednesday evening, very unfair to ask these young lads to play a championship game against Galway 4 days after that hectic battle, Connacht council is a disgrace, should refuse to play it, player welfare must come first, whats wrong with next Saturday or Sunday or even next Friday evening? Central council should get involved here.

ck

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 25, 2016, 08:36:06 PM
Congrats Roscommon.  Well done ref another shambles by a ref.  Ross won with last kick of the game.

Agree. Minors get a raw deal in reffing stakes as new refs used as Guinea pigs at this level. They can be very hit and miss.
Sligo very very hard done by

Syferus

Quote from: ck on June 25, 2016, 10:49:17 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on June 25, 2016, 08:36:06 PM

Agree. Minors get a raw deal in reffing stakes as new refs used as Guinea pigs at this level. They can be very hit and miss.
Sligo very very hard done by

You two must be fûcking kidding me. He was handing out cards like candy exclusively to Ros players in the first half, including a near immediate black card to our captain and FB for a push. When a Sligo player tripped Lorcan Daly later on, a far worse offence by any reasonable messure, out came a yellow for the Sligo player. Laughable. He gave Sligo so many nothing frees I lost count. I was totally insensed at how lopsided his calls were.

He was very, very bad but it was clear to all that Roscommon were the team he was riding. The only good thing he did was eventually sending off Sligo's 4, a lad who spent more time rolling about on the floor pretending to be injured than he did on his feet.

ck

Are you suggesting the trip should have seen black? A trip is a yellow all day long.
He was bad all round but I felt we conceded frees that weren't fouls that ruined our momentum.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: ck on June 25, 2016, 11:30:58 PM
Are you suggesting the trip should have seen black? A trip is a yellow all day long.
He was bad all round but I felt we conceded frees that weren't fouls that ruined our momentum.
Look up your rulebook

moysider

Cunny Funt

Quote from: moysider on June 25, 2016, 11:42:33 PM

Who was referee?
LIam Devenney.  Sligo not scoring for the last ten minutes of each half cost them more than a referee.

sligoman2

Ref brought ball in 3 times so they could score frees
Brian Mahon hit multiple times with no card
O'connor horse collared for a yellow card
4 mins extra time winner scored in the fifth minute

Syferus you are one dimensional all you see is Roscommon.  To be clear I congratuled ye on the win, I'm just sick of shyte refs ruining games including this one.
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Rossfan

Fortunate win but we scored our attempt at a point while Shligo had hit 3 earlier ones into our goalies hands.
Ref not great but he let Shligo off with serious sh1te. The trip on Daly a yellow while our full back got a black for fcuk all.
We now have to play Galway 4 days after a testing game. We're talking 17/18 year old gasùns here.
Disgraceful Prenty and Ros/ Shligo delegates to CC.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: sligoman2 on June 26, 2016, 01:27:15 AM
Ref brought ball in 3 times so they could score frees
Brian Mahon hit multiple times with no card
O'connor horse collared for a yellow card
4 mins extra time winner scored in the fifth minute

Syferus you are one dimensional all you see is Roscommon.  To be clear I congratuled ye on the win, I'm just sick of shyte refs ruining games including this one.

You realise it's at least the allotted time a referee plays for injury time not that exact amount, I hope? One of his few correct decisions adding an extra minute as Sligo took over a minute in injury time to take a free they missed after all their arsing about trying to ensure to was the last act of the game.

Pot kettle to say the least.

Mano

Wasn't at the game and can't comment on the referee. But we were 1-5 to 0-3 points up at 30 minutes. To only score 3 times more to Roscommon 11 times in the remaining 42 minutes suggests we need to take a look at ourselves also.