New TV Help

Started by Rick O Shea, July 05, 2007, 01:35:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Main Street on August 28, 2020, 10:43:31 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2020, 08:13:00 PM
Issues with tv... Toshiba smart tv, have it 3 years or so, everything works fine, until last night the Netflix App has started play up, getting a code: tvq-pb-101 (5.2.102) it looks like it's going to start and even plays the trailers but just when you hit it, it says it's having trouble select something else!

Now it's working off the PlayStation and amazon fire stick on the other TVs in the house, I've turned off And pulled plug from socket, nothing!  Software on tv is up to date!

Any clues as to how to fix it?
I have no ideas but I would join a Toshiba tv discussion group, meanwhile  I'm content that the quality of your manhood is most probably  being questioned again in your household  and  the others are wondering just what are his plus points when he can't even fix the tv himself.
Are you in any way DIY competent?

This is not old fashioned DIY, but more in the line of software maintenance. I would check the relevant forum, as Main Street suggests, but the solution might lie in some sort of factory reset and letting it install the updates again.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Milltown Row2

Yes tried looking for factory reset on menu.. Can't find it

On another note, manhood is good and DIY skills a never been questioned till now  ;D

Will try toshiba forum
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Can you uninstall the app? Is the tv picking up internet ok?

I have but and some of my devices, years later, have stopped picking up my WiFi. I have that whole home so it works from that but maybe, maybe, something like internet connection? Any diagnosis on internet of the error code?

Main Street

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2020, 11:59:43 PM
Yes tried looking for factory reset on menu.. Can't find it

On another note, manhood is good and DIY skills a never been questioned till now  ;D

Will try toshiba forum
Could be a secret menu to access factory reset. The software issue could be something as innocent as an automatic update went awry due to connection dropping.

rosnarun

Quote from: Main Street on August 29, 2020, 09:45:23 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 28, 2020, 11:59:43 PM
Yes tried looking for factory reset on menu.. Can’t find it

Will try toshiba forum
Could be a secret menu to access factory reset. The software issue could be something as innocent as an automatic update went awry due to connection dropping.
I     assume no responsibity . prob need to be done with the original remote control

Press the {MENU} button on the remote.
Highlight the "Picture" icon.
Press the {9} {3} {0} {1} buttons on the remote.
{OK} button will access/navigate through modes
{VOL +}, {VOL-}, {P+} & {P-} buttons move through options and change values
To exit, press the {MENU} button.
Tried with {4} {7} {2} {5} too.
Press and hold the {VOL -} button on the TV and the {9} button on the remote control for few seconds.
{CH+} & {CH -} buttons select options
{VOL+} & {VOL-} buttons change values
To exit, press the {MENU} button or turn the power off.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Main Street

Fair City is back on the screen next weekend, MR better get sobered up and get it fixed.

Dar31

If you experience the error code tvq-pb-101 (5.2.102), often accompanied by the following message:

We're having trouble playing this title right now. Please try again later or select a different title
It typically points to information stored on your device that needs to be refreshed. Follow the troubleshooting steps for your device below to resolve the issue.

PlayStation 4
Set-top Box
Smart TV
Restart your smart TV
Unplug your TV from power for at least 1 minute.

While your TV is unplugged, press and hold the power button on the TV for 5 seconds to discharge it.

If you can't access the power button or your TV doesn't have one, leave the TV unplugged for at least 3 minutes.

Plug your TV back in.

Turn your TV on.

Try Netflix again.

Did this resolve your issue?
Contact your device manufacturer
Your device is experiencing a hardware or software problem that only the device manufacturer can solve. To get back to watching Netflix, you'll want to contact your device manufacturer and ask for the following:

Help upgrading to the latest firmware for the device.

Help performing a factory reset.

If those steps don't get you streaming again, your manufacturer may have other suggestions for fixing the device. If they don't have additional steps, or the additional steps still don't resolve the issue, you'll need to use a different Netflix-enabled device to continue streaming.

illdecide

Guys looking at a 50" sharp tv from Tesco £389. 4K ultra hd. What's the difference between saorview he and freeview us
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

illdecide

Forgot to mention I'm in the black north

armaghniac

Any set of that class will pick up Saorview and Freeview, if you have a signal, with the Saorview channels in the 800s.
The only observation about a Sharp is that its apps and "smart" features might not be world class.

TwoUpTwoDown

I have a Sharp 50" and it's grand. But I regret not forking out for something a bit better. Sound is tinny and picture quality average enough on anything that isn't HD. The SMART features and all Apps are poor enough to be honest.

Overall it's a solid enough buy - but if you're a stickler for the smaller areas of quality it will constantly bug you.

P.s if you're interested i know a lad who has a Sharp 50" TV that he would sell for £200...bargain at that price  ;)

armaghniac

I bought a Sharp in Tesco 4 years ago, now relegated to secondary set. It was inexpensive and adequate, but the apps etc never updated. That is not to say that a model now would not be different. I got a LG about a year ago and the apps have updated several times so far. 

JimStynes

Quote from: illdecide on October 16, 2020, 08:57:31 PM
Guys looking at a 50" sharp tv from Tesco £389. 4K ultra hd. What's the difference between saorview he and freeview us

With all the ice cream you sell you could easily afford a top of the range Sony!

giveherlong

In the North- does any know how to (side)load RTE player app  onto a Samsung Tv?

illdecide

Thanks lads for your info...think i'll try a samsung, LG or as Jim said a Sony instead...Jim not much ice-cream sold this time of year san, not to mention Covid-19 giving ya a kicking