Ulster Club SFC 2016

Started by WT4E, September 27, 2016, 10:39:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WT4E

16/10/2016
Monaghan (Scotstown/Clontibret) v Down (Kilcoo)

30/10/2016
Tyrone (Killyclogher/Coalisland/Clonoe) v Antrim (St Galls)

Derry (Slaughtneil/Loup) v Fermanagh(     )

Armagh (Maghery/Crossmaglen/St Pats/Clann Eireann) v Cavan (   )

Monaghan/Down (Scotstown/Clontibret/Kilcoo) v Donegal (Glenties/Kilcar/Malin/Glenswilly)

Can anyone fill in the blanks for me - What are peoples thoughts on the contenders this year? Where there be a new winner or will Cross be favourites?

mrdeeds

Cavan is Castlerahan or Ramor.

Ethan Tremblay

Would expect Monaghan/Down winner to be there or there abouts, tough opening round draw but will serve the winner well.  Kilcoo seem to be gaining traction with every game.  Would Scotstown be favourites for Monaghan again?

Cross may get it tough against Cullyhanna in the Armagh semis, Cullyhanna being very consistent all year and wouldn't suffer from the deer in headlights effect that plagues club teams playing Cross.  Both Maghery and Clan Eireann would pose a serious ask in the final also.   
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Owenmoresider

Quote from: WT4E on September 27, 2016, 10:39:03 AM
16/10/2016

30/10/2016
Tyrone (Killyclogher/Coalisland/Clonoe) v Antrim (St Galls)

Derry (Slaughtneil/Loup) v Fermanagh(Derrygonnelly or Erne Gaels)

Armagh (Maghery/Crossmaglen/St Pats/Clann Eireann) v Cavan (   )

Monaghan/Down (Scotstown/Clontibret/Kilcoo) v Donegal (Glenties/Kilcar/Malin/Glenswilly)

Can anyone fill in the blanks for me - What are peoples thoughts on the contenders this year? Where there be a new winner or will Cross be favourites?

stiffler

Getting a bit ahead of yourself there with st galls.

Cargin, St. John's & lamh dherg also left in the competition.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

WT4E

16/10/2016

30/10/2016
Tyrone (Killyclogher/Coalisland/Clonoe) v Antrim (St Galls/Cargin/St. John's/Lamh Dherg)

Derry (Slaughtneil/Loup) v Fermanagh (Derrygonnelly or Erne Gaels)

Armagh (Maghery/Crossmaglen/St Pats/Clann Eireann) v Cavan (Castlerahan/Ramor)

Apologies to the Antrim lads - Wasn't intentional thought I read somewhere that St Galls had already won it!

Will it be the usual story with Tyrone - Kill other to win the county title having done so much slogging that they won't be fit for the Ulster Club?

general_lee

Get the excuses in early typical Tyronie ;)

mrdeeds

Cavan hard to call who'll win. Ramor going for first since 1992 and Castlerahan their first ever. However Castlerahan already being in two finals this decade and lost last years decider by a point. Ramor very young team.

general_lee

Armagh has two tasty semi finals with a North v South final guaranteed. Maghery have been there or thereabouts for a number of years now, Clann Eireann haven't been til this stage in 7 years having just won intermediate last year. Both have two good managers and good panels, Maghery probably a wee bit more street wise and should probably edge it. Likewise the other semi Cross v Cullyhanna, expect Cullyhanna to give Cross their fill of it, have been in fine form all year and have the physicality to take a scalp!

Keepthefaith93

Quote from: WT4E on September 27, 2016, 11:24:42 AM
16/10/2016

30/10/2016
Tyrone (Killyclogher/Coalisland/Clonoe) v Antrim (St Galls/Cargin/St. John's/Lamh Dherg)

Apologies to the Antrim lads - Wasn't intentional thought I read somewhere that St Galls had already won it!

Will it be the usual story with Tyrone - Kill other to win the county title having done so much slogging that they won't be fit for the Ulster Club?

Yeah that's the reason why Tyrone teams don't perform in Ulster.

All the other Club Championships go easy on each other so that the winners have a better chance of winning Ulster.

WT4E

Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on September 27, 2016, 12:47:52 PM
16/10/2016

30/10/2016

All the other Club Championships go easy on each other so that the winners have a better chance of winning Ulster.

Thats not what i'm saying - just always thought (maybe in the past) say Crossmaglen and ST Galls coasting to their county titles set them up nicely for the Ulster Club. Not saying these two arent quality sides btw.

As Tyron have been one of the strongest teams in the country for the past decade or more you would have thought they would have made a better impression on the Ulster Club. Granted for example a county like Derry is usually very competitive but you don't expect much from them in Ulster Club considering how low their county scene has been the last two decades. Fair play to them for be able to succeed in Ulster Club all the same.

mrdeeds

Quote from: WT4E on September 27, 2016, 02:01:48 PM
Quote from: Keepthefaith93 on September 27, 2016, 12:47:52 PM
16/10/2016

30/10/2016

Thats not what i'm saying - just always thought (maybe in the past) say Crossmaglen and ST Galls coasting to their county titles set them up nicely for the Ulster Club. Not saying these two arent quality sides btw.

As Tyron have been one of the strongest teams in the country for the past decade or more you would have thought they would have made a better impression on the Ulster Club. Granted for example a county like Derry is usually very competitive but you don't expect much from them in Ulster Club considering how low their county scene has been the last two decades. Fair play to them for be able to succeed in Ulster Club all the same.

Cavan Gaels used to always cruise to Cavan title and done nothing in Ulster. People said it was because they had little competition in Cavan.

Unlucky one year though, year Galls won All Ireland. Should have bet Galls but had three players sent of.

Farrandeelin

Hard to look beyond Derrygonnelly again in Fermanagh I'm told.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

brokencrossbar1

Cullyhanna will be drunk out after winning the county so whoever they play will get a free pass.

FermGael

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 27, 2016, 08:53:56 PM
Hard to look beyond Derrygonnelly again in Fermanagh I'm told.

I would not believe that. Erne Gaels have beat then twice this year in the league. Derrygonnelly would be favourites but Erne Gaels have to be respected
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered