The Gym and Fitness Thread

Started by JimStynes, February 09, 2022, 08:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

I was reading recently about the benefits of magnesium to sleep patterns. I wouldn't take much but do take an iron supplement. It's the liquid one that you just put in the orange juice in the morning.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 05, 2024, 09:55:17 AMI was reading recently about the benefits of magnesium to sleep patterns. I wouldn't take much but do take an iron supplement. It's the liquid one that you just put in the orange juice in the morning.

Get the Guinness into you for the iron.

I remember clearing out her uncles flat when he was moving to a care home, he was 85 and still doing 50 press ups a day.. anyways gets to his cupboards in the kitchen, barely any food but opened up this one cupboard, filled with cans of Guinness lol! He'd one after breakfast one after lunch and one after dinner..

Lived to around 92 I think!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

thebigfella

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2024, 11:16:02 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on April 05, 2024, 09:55:17 AMI was reading recently about the benefits of magnesium to sleep patterns. I wouldn't take much but do take an iron supplement. It's the liquid one that you just put in the orange juice in the morning.

I remember clearing out her uncles flat when he was moving to a care home, he was 85 and still doing 50 press ups a day.. anyways gets to his cupboards in the kitchen, barely any food but opened up this one cupboard, filled with cans of Guinness lol! He'd one after breakfast one after lunch and one after dinner..

Another complete myth. Might as well be right wing, conspiracy theory, anti-vax nut job coming out with that  ;) 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: thebigfella on April 05, 2024, 11:21:00 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 05, 2024, 11:16:02 AM

Another complete myth. Might as well be right wing, conspiracy theory, anti-vax nut job coming out with that  ;) 

Don't kill the myth ffs! She thinks I'm out taking medication when I'm at the club!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mourne Red

Quote from: jcpen on April 05, 2024, 09:32:09 AMWhat if any supplements and or vitamins are you taking?
Is it worth taking stuff like Omega 3, glucosamine, magnesium etc?

Magnesium, Vitamin D and then protein too. Majority of us have a Mag/Vit D deficiency so I used supplements to get my daily intake of those, been on it past 6 months I'd say its helped me. Protein as recovery from Training/Gym and helps with satiation (keeps you full) so helps keep the snacking at bay.

Creatine good too from research I've read - I can't take it though, found it gives me a headache for whatever reason

Armagh18

Quote from: Mourne Red on April 05, 2024, 11:57:31 AM
Quote from: jcpen on April 05, 2024, 09:32:09 AMWhat if any supplements and or vitamins are you taking?

Magnesium, Vitamin D and then protein too. Majority of us have a Mag/Vit D deficiency so I used supplements to get my daily intake of those, been on it past 6 months I'd say its helped me. Protein as recovery from Training/Gym and helps with satiation (keeps you full) so helps keep the snacking at bay.

Creatine good too from research I've read - I can't take it though, found it gives me a headache for whatever reason
Are you drinking enough water? Found that helps while taking it.

tyrone08

Quote from: Armagh18 on April 05, 2024, 12:46:04 PM
Quote from: Mourne Red on April 05, 2024, 11:57:31 AM

Are you drinking enough water? Found that helps while taking it.

Creatine helps the muscles absorb more water. If you aren't drinking more water while taking creatine to compensate then you will get dehydrated and prone to sore heads