Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Sue the ref so, for he blew it up when there was a handy free for galls. Was actually thinking how pissed off you'd be if you'd done a handicap bet...

glens abu

Quote from: haranguerer on March 18, 2010, 11:14:44 AM
Sue the ref so, for he blew it up when there was a handy free for galls. Was actually thinking how pissed off you'd be if you'd done a handicap bet...

yeah and still 20 secs left :'( bastard

longrunsthefox

Quote from: hardstation on March 17, 2010, 09:32:06 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 17, 2010, 09:25:58 PM
Quote from: under the bar on March 16, 2010, 11:50:54 PM
Best of Luck to St Galls from all of Tyrone.

Uladh AbĂș!!

When were you apointed to speak on behalf of all of Tyrone?
Last week. The same day it was decided that one p was enough for the word apoint.

Get with the programe* longrunsthefox.

*Yip, just one m needed now!

:P  I'm delighted St Galls won... it is the ultimate achievement and better than winning Sam Maguire -I just don't get Under the Bar wishing them luck 'on behalf of all of Tyrone.'
I'm not good at spelling... so wat?...  ::)

ONeill

The Championship match in Casement is hotting up nicely. The Antrim crowd will be manic. If they take the Division Three title as well there'll be some expectation of an ambush. It'll be some atmosphere.

The question now is, how many of the Galls players will be sucked into the Antrim set-up and will the McGourtys tog out for them? There's justification for all three to start. Throw in Brady, Kelly, Gallagher, Niblock etc and the competition for a starting place has Antrim football in its healthiest state in yonks.

Baker'll earn his corn now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

such a hangover!!

what a day, its taken this club a hundred years to win at Croke park. to get to two finals at both codes has been a great achievement.

was in the lift in the Hogan stand on the way down to the changing rooms after the match. and in the lift was Sean Kelly (ex president) he went into the changing rooms and to a man congratulated them

Was getting dinner afterwards in the Hogan Stand and was sitting with the Kilmurry lads and mentors, obviously dissappointed but knew they were beat by the better team.

called it yesterday for both games and managed to place 25 euro on the double! Ballyhale 13/8n and us -3 at 6/5 great free day.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ONeill on March 18, 2010, 01:08:24 PM
The Championship match in Casement is hotting up nicely. The Antrim crowd will be manic. If they take the Division Three title as well there'll be some expectation of an ambush. It'll be some atmosphere.

The question now is, how many of the Galls players will be sucked into the Antrim set-up and will the McGourtys tog out for them? There's justification for all three to start. Throw in Brady, Kelly, Gallagher, Niblock etc and the competition for a starting place has Antrim football in its healthiest state in yonks.

I'm sure I might take some stick but of the 13 Antrim men who started yesterday you could probably make an argument for all of them to be in the panel..

Some of the St Gall's posters will know better than me but of the McGourtys I think we'll only see CJ (if his hip stands up) in the Saffron this year??

It's certainly a nice problem for Baker to have and the Antrim bench looks like it will be a lot stronger than last year.  Can Baker harness the best talent available to Antrim for 50 years and better the master tactician??  We'll see, but if you'd said 2 or 3 years ago that this is a game Antrim can win you'd have been told to lie in a darkened room for a while.

Antrim can win this game :o
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

nrico2006

Great win for St Galls yesterday but there is a big difference between Club Football and Senior Intercounty.  It is to be expected that there will be some over the top talk regarding Antrim on the back of this win, but it is wishful thinking if people think that suddently the Antrim team is going to become world beaters.  The elelment of surprise will not be there in the 2010 Championship, and out of the Antrim men playing on the St Galls team yesterday, how many would star or stand out at Senior Inter-County level that were not already involved? 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

cookstownblue

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on March 18, 2010, 01:48:12 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 18, 2010, 01:08:24 PM

I'm sure I might take some stick but of the 13 Antrim men who started yesterday you could probably make an argument for all of them to be in the panel..

Some of the St Gall's posters will know better than me but of the McGourtys I think we'll only see CJ (if his hip stands up) in the Saffron this year??

It's certainly a nice problem for Baker to have and the Antrim bench looks like it will be a lot stronger than last year.  Can Baker harness the best talent available to Antrim for 50 years and better the master tactician??  We'll see, but if you'd said 2 or 3 years ago that this is a game Antrim can win you'd have been told to lie in a darkened room for a while.

Antrim can win this game :o

lol

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: nrico2006 on March 18, 2010, 02:15:38 PM
Great win for St Galls yesterday but there is a big difference between Club Football and Senior Intercounty.  It is to be expected that there will be some over the top talk regarding Antrim on the back of this win, but it is wishful thinking if people think that suddently the Antrim team is going to become world beaters.  The elelment of surprise will not be there in the 2010 Championship, and out of the Antrim men playing on the St Galls team yesterday, how many would star or stand out at Senior Inter-County level that were not already involved?

Kieran, Kevin & CJ McGourty, Sean Kelly??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

imtommygunn

Nrico we understand that it's a big step for us to beat a team like Tyrone...

However we go into this championship with optimism and it's possibly the first one as long as I've lived that this has happened.

There has been no element of surprise in any league match so far yet we have continued to win those matches. Division 3 granted but we couldn't do it a few years ago in division 4.

We are unbeaten in the league and have AI club champions so we are understandably happy / optimistic. We still would be masisve outsiders against tyrone and we know that.

Will be great to see the st galls players back too. Looking forward to seeing Sean Kelly back in the county jersey. I'd like to see the guy Veronica givena  shot too. Full back line is an area we're weak in and he would do no harm in there.

Milltown Row2

Antrim are priced at 33/1 to win Ulster. Originally it was 50/1 (thats what i backed them at) thats a serious drop in price.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Sean Kelly would get on any team in Ireland
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Puckoon

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 18, 2010, 06:20:48 PM
Antrim are priced at 33/1 to win Ulster. Originally it was 50/1 (thats what i backed them at) thats a serious drop in price.

I would most certainly take a bite at that price if they get some of the more influential Galls men on board/back.

Couple of the tyrone posters on here might do well to note that we were pointless out of three games until we managed to somehow rob Cork last weekend. To suggest that Antrim can win this game is a very real possibility.

robertemmet

What is the wee st gall's hand sign they make when in team photos, noticed it a lot recently.

ONeill

I asked one of them and he says it has to do with some girl a few of them tackled at different times.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.