Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2022, 11:43:34 AM
Have to say I disagree on this point.   Pearses and Dunloy should be fully recognised and deservedly given full Allstars treatment but at their own championship level.

Senior championship is operating at a higher grade, is more difficult and therefore should be recognised as suchhhhhhhhh.

Am not trying to detract from the Junior or Intermediate championships but those who had a great year in the senior championship such as Adam Loughran, should not be missing out just so someone, playing in a lesser competition can get an allstar.   It doesn't happen at national level.   

Caveat: Recognise the Devenish may not want to sponsor 3 awards either!

Knew it was you lol!!

Yeah I sort of agree with that but look, its all about opinions and while its great for the player to be recognised what do you get out of it other than a free dinner?

That said I'm waiting on referee of the year prize award  ;D ;D ;D ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

EOC1923

Surprised to see Odhran McLarnon in there he must of had a great group stage of the championship because he definitely didn't warrant one from the knock out games I saw, nothing personal. Adam Loughran and Tomas McCann notable absences for their impact alone in their semi finals. But here, there is 7 Cargin men in there cant expect any more than that.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2022, 11:47:33 AM
Have to say I disagree on this point.   Pearses and Dunloy should be fully recognised and deservedly given full Allstars treatment but at their own championship level.

Senior championship is operating at a higher grade, is more difficult and therefore should be recognised as suchhhhhhhhh.

Am not trying to detract from the Junior or Intermediate championships but those who had a great year in the senior championship such as Adam Loughran, should not be missing out just so someone, playing in a lesser competition can get an allstar.   It doesn't happen at national level.   

Knew it was you lol!!

Yeah I sort of agree with that but look, its all about opinions and while its great for the player to be recognised what do you get out of it other than a free dinner?

Should have one per championship and that would make it better I think.

JimStynes

I think it is a bit of a farce that it's not all stars for each championship. Could you imagine David Clifford missing out for some fella in division 4. It's crap that some of our boys who had a great year didn't make it on the team and some of the lads in junior championship did.  Adam was good for us but Ciaran Maginnis was arguably our best player the whole year and didn't get a mention. If it was done for each individual championship then more players from the likes of Dunloy and Pearses would have got more recognition as well.

Spike

Knew it was you lol!!

Yep all trivial in the grand scheme of things.   wouldnt disrespect referees by introducing junior, inter and senior gradings  ;) :D

JimStynes

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2022, 10:42:11 AM
Quote from: country bumpkin on October 21, 2022, 10:19:58 AM
Had a quick look there at the 'Devenish All Star awards', and was wondering how many of the recipients were in fact nominated in the positions they were successful.
And, with all respects to those who made the decisions, not the voting voting public, just how did Adam Loughran not get an award.....??

Who would you take out for Adam? If you had a vote?

Conal Cunning, Liam Campbell, Paul McCann

Spike

So leave the county Senior Champions with 1 player in the forward line and Aghagallon with 3?  Not sure about that one

country bumpkin

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 21, 2022, 11:54:58 AM
Surprised to see Odhran McLarnon in there he must of had a great group stage of the championship because he definitely didn't warrant one from the knock out games I saw, nothing personal. Adam Loughran and Tomas McCann notable absences for their impact alone in their semi finals. But here, there is 7 Cargin men in there cant expect any more than that.
But the 'nominated' individuals showed I individuals leading by a good margin at the end of public voting...
Big change at closing...just who, or what caused major change...?????

geezer

Well done to the winners but the voting is pretty meaningless. Half the team shoe horned into positions they werent nominated for. Doesnt make much sense.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: geezer on October 21, 2022, 01:31:38 PM
Well done to the winners but the voting is pretty meaningless. Half the team shoe horned into positions they werent nominated for. Doesnt make much sense.

I've seen that in the actual All Stars awards from Croke
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2022, 12:27:41 PM
So leave the county Senior Champions with 1 player in the forward line and Aghagallon with 3?  Not sure about that one

No because my point is that the senior championship would have their own players. Cargin, Aghagallon, Creggan, PG1 etc would all have more chance as they wouldn't be up against junior and intermediate players well.

And Paul McCann is a good player but I wouldn't pick him over Adam Loughran. I'd have other Cargin players in before Paul.

geezer

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 21, 2022, 01:34:45 PM
Quote from: geezer on October 21, 2022, 01:31:38 PM

I've seen that in the actual All Stars awards from Croke

100%. I understand that getting punters to vote gathers interest but its for nothing really. Panel of journalists and whoever else picks the team have final say. Votes dont matter.

Tyrdub

Knew it was you lol!!

you must be good at holding your breath

Lár na páirce 1

Quote from: JimStynes on October 21, 2022, 01:38:33 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 21, 2022, 12:27:41 PM

No because my point is that the senior championship would have their own players. Cargin, Aghagallon, Creggan, PG1 etc would all have more chance as they wouldn't be up against junior and intermediate players well.

And Paul McCann is a good player but I wouldn't pick him over Adam Loughran. I'd have other Cargin players in before Paul.

I'd have Paul over every mccann brother
The work he does is unseen yet phenomenal for Cargin him and Big Stork two vital cogs in a well oiled machine

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Tyrdub on October 21, 2022, 01:52:59 PM

Knew it was you lol!!

you must be good at holding your breath

;)

Sure the click is bound to collect something ::)