Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOC1923

Agree their BS, not sure about Sean Burns either and I would have both Gerard McCann and Aodhan Gallagher in before Burke with Gallagher getting the nod.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Sportacus on October 13, 2022, 09:26:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2022, 08:49:54 AM
Quote from: stiffler on October 13, 2022, 08:43:01 AM
I read in the IN the county board rejected a request from aghagallon to push back the promotion/relegation play off scheduled for tomorrow. So much for player welfare.

Jesus, the game was Sunday, during the year the games can be played Sunday Wed and probably a training session thrown in also, this fixture has been know for a while and both teams know that this was a great chance to either go up or stay up..

The play off is to help St Mary's to stay up, if it had not have been in place they would have been relegated already. Ballymena have been waiting and training to get a shot at Div 1 any other year they would have been up as a top 2 team

Looking forward to the game, be interesting to see how a team gets itself back off the floor and put in a performance again
Was surprised myself to see the County in such a rush to play this game off on a Friday night. Aghagallon threw the sink physically and mentally at Sunday.  What difference would a week have made.  Another example of fixture committee not thinking through the wider context.  Have seen several examples on here from the Cargin men in recent weeks.

Ones on complaining that Ballymena were waiting 6 weeks... When would be the best time for St Mary's to play the game, maybe JS is better placed to ask that question? I'm sure they couldn't be arsed at all if truth be told.

The game couldn't be played till after the teams were out of their championships so hopefully Ballymena will be ready
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

bannside

Milltown Row2

Tomas and Mick are certs on anyone's team of the last 20 years, Kevin O'Bpyle a gent of a lad and a very good footballer, so he gets my vote also, the others that would be in or fighting for positions would be Close, Scullion, Justin and big Gerard..

Its not a 15 man game anymore, we have seen that this last 20 years and the team is only as good as its panel
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

James Laverty, Paul Veronica and Anto Healy were always dependable championship performers. Justy and Sean Kelly pick themselves.  Micky Johnston, Big Gerard and Eddie Quinn superb. Pollock has always been a dangerman. Niblock and Aidso have to be in there somewhere, Closey too. Karl Stewart always a thorn and the go to man when things needed sorted up front.   Honourable mentions to Terry O'Neill, Chris Kerr, Simon Kennedy, Mark McCrory, Jinny McNabb, Shane Devlin, Paul McCann and Gerard O'Boyle.

Stillwater2

Don't see Agallon issue. 2 games in 5 days.

No mention of sympathy to dual clubs throughout the course of the year, 2 games possibly every 3 days.

Truth hurts

Would player welfare mean a 3 day bender in Belfast and being unfit to play LOL

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Truth hurts on October 13, 2022, 12:51:46 PM
Would player welfare mean a 3 day bender in Belfast and being unfit to play LOL

That goes for ref's too!! My patience's was tested on the line last week  :o

wolfofwhitehall

Think most of the Aghagallon boys just want to get the playoff game out of the way and hopefully get any sort of win.. season has dragged on long enough.. league started far too early compared to other counties. 21 games in 7 months? Too many long periods without football or 3 games in 9 days, always one of the two.

geezer

The game should have been played before the championship started. Aghagallon sure to be fatigued after sunday and Ballymena have been twiddling their thumbs for the past 6 weeks. No good for either team.

Kidder81

Quote from: geezer on October 13, 2022, 01:38:05 PM
The game should have been played before the championship started. Aghagallon sure to be fatigued after sunday and Ballymena have been twiddling their thumbs for the past 6 weeks. No good for either team.

It doesn't give Ballymena any chance to succeed

country bumpkin

Quote from: Spike on October 13, 2022, 11:43:14 AM
James Laverty, Paul Veronica and Anto Healy were always dependable championship performers. Justy and Sean Kelly pick themselves.  Micky Johnston, Big Gerard and Eddie Quinn superb. Pollock has always been a dangerman. Niblock and Aidso have to be in there somewhere, Closey too. Karl Stewart always a thorn and the go to man when things needed sorted up front.   Honourable mentions to Terry O'Neill, Chris Kerr, Simon Kennedy, Mark McCrory, Jinny McNabb, Shane Devlin, Paul McCann and Gerard O'Boyle.

Think a 20 year old Kevin Doyle would have made any team......

JimStynes

Unfair on both teams to be fair but I just want to get it out of the road now so I'm sure the players are the same. They can get on with their off season and enjoy a bit of well earned rest. Hopefully we have picked ourselves up and get over the line.

EOC1923

Jerome streaming it as well, we've gone stream crazy £££

JimStynes

Quote from: EOC1923 on October 13, 2022, 06:33:38 PM
Jerome streaming it as well, we've gone stream crazy £££

It's great though. We are getting to see games from other counties as well that you'd have never got to see. The cost soon adds up though all the same.