Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Calm Down

City clubs laughing at the SW clubs over this? You telling me that if St Galls, LD etc were in the same position as PG1 they would be greeting (NB I do not think PG1 should follow with an appeal)

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on November 01, 2021, 11:42:48 AM
I was told last night that the procedure for ET and EET and then pens were issued to clubs should this situation occur.
Also told that this would only apply to senior championship and hence junior went to ET and penalties. Bit of a c**k up all round though but don't think PG1 have grounds for an appeal and IMHO should not take this forward. Also the lads in work from City clubs are laughing at the SW over this. Embarrassing.
On another note great result for Creggan finally putting Cargin to the sword.
Didn't see the game but assume Creggan had more hunger in the day.

bannside

City clubs laughing at SW clubs. Did I read that right?

imtommygunn

It's a county wide championship - there's nothing to laugh at between city and country. Don't know why anyone would think otherwise...

JimStynes

City clubs? I've had texts from GAA men from all over Ulster laughing at this mess.

stiffler

I actually fancied pg1 more in the extra extra time. I thought they had a stronger bench yesterday and it was a great opportunity for them. The eet suited PG1 more yesterday and that is possibly why they didn't spit the dummy out at the time.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

EOC1923

I was told last night that the procedure for ET and EET and then pens were issued to clubs should this situation occur.
Also told that this would only apply to senior championship and hence junior went to ET and penalties. Bit of a c**k up all round though but don't think PG1 have grounds for an appeal and IMHO should not take this forward. Also the lads in work from City clubs are laughing at the SW over this. Embarrassing.
SW Clubs are laughing at you lads for a more serious reason, there will barely be a division 1 club form the city bar St Brigids in the next 5 years the way its going. St Galls, St Johns, L Dhearg unfortunately for these clubs the only way is down the way they are heading. This is no good for Antrim as a whole but it is true

Saffsof82

Quote from: EOC1923 on November 01, 2021, 12:15:57 PM
SW Clubs are laughing at you lads for a more serious reason, there will barely be a division 1 club form the city bar St Brigids in the next 5 years the way its going. St Galls, St Johns, L Dhearg unfortunately for these clubs the only way is down the way they are heading. This is no good for Antrim as a whole but it is true

Dont know about that!! St galls have a fine U20 team at the moment, should have played alot more of them in their seniors tbh, st pauls have serious competitive teams the whole way up to u20.

Stillwater2

Can't see how this happened. All clubs notified on 10th August of finish on the day protocols, read them this morning again and it's clear it should of went to pens.

Calm Down

While the clubs may have been sent it does anyone know if Sean Lavery or his linesmen were sent it? At a point yesterday you had a ref, 2 linesmen, a 4th official, your man McDonald and that boy from LD all standing with ear pieces in so were all 'officials' i presume (on that point why so many of them?), so question stands were they sent the finish on the day protocol?

Quote from: Stillwater2 on November 01, 2021, 12:52:47 PM
Can't see how this happened. All clubs notified on 10th August of finish on the day protocols, read them this morning again and it's clear it should of went to pens.

EOC1923

Always wondered what that boy from LD doing inside the wire with an ear piece in. Anto is it? Anyone know what his role on match days is?

bannside

Casements have not lodged an appeal. They have simply sent an email to Antrim competition controls committee to seek clarity from them on the matter. It should be pointed out that historically the GAA is a rules based organisation, and what happened yesterday looks to have fallen foul of the rulebook. The feedback from Antrim CCC will be critical in this matter.

JimStynes

It wasn't rule based when the County Chairman stopped the free kicks the other year involving PG1.

stiffler

Quote from: bannside on November 01, 2021, 01:22:00 PM
Casements have not lodged an appeal. They have simply sent an email to Antrim competition controls committee to seek clarity from them on the matter. It should be pointed out that historically the GAA is a rules based organisation, and what happened yesterday looks to have fallen foul of the rulebook. The feedback from Antrim CCC will be critical in this matter.

BS do you not see the irony here in portglenone agreeing to play the extra extra time then make a complaint after? Looks like a bad loser in all honesty.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

rogercasement

There was also a balls up with extra time that year Jim.

Calm Down

Quote from: rogercasement on November 01, 2021, 01:28:14 PM
There was also a balls up with extra time that year Jim.

All the more reason I would have thought PG1 would have been on top of it yesterday, looks like they fancied ET and are now whinging as it didn't go their way