Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

A possible double double for the Toome lads.. some going there.

erinsboy

He would be a relation of Michael's bannside,Michael son is also a very good player.

bannside

The Toome conveyor belt is in full flow. Fair play...you put the work in Erins Boy you get the results. Hearing great reports too about Butchers fella as well...a chip off the block by all accounts.

erinsboy

Yeah bannside a few years ago we where wondering if we where going to be able to replace the likes of Tony Scullion ,Closy,Justy,Mick etc but it does now look that we have some seriously good players coming through again ,alot with good pedigree from  past names like the ONeills,McCanns,Gribbins,Shivers and Johnston's to name but a few all championship winning names with Cargin so the next generation is well and truly starting to make there Mark  on the senior team with more in the pipeline hopefully .

ned

Used to hate playing Cargin at minor level. Always the right mix of ability and guile. There was a McLarnon (I think) who played minor around 1987. Thought he was a very skilful footballer, wonder did he play senior? That minor team was probably at the start of Cargin's rise at senior level.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ned on September 12, 2020, 11:14:57 AM
Used to hate playing Cargin at minor level. Always the right mix of ability and guile. There was a McLarnon (I think) who played minor around 1987. Thought he was a very skilful footballer, wonder did he play senior? That minor team was probably at the start of Cargin's rise at senior level.

87? If they still have lads playing who were minors at that period that's some going!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ned

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 12, 2020, 11:36:47 AM
Quote from: ned on September 12, 2020, 11:14:57 AM

87? If they still have lads playing who were minors at that period that's some going!

Okay! Cargin won their second championship in 95 when some of the minors of that vintage would have progressed to senior.
Mind you it surprises me the number of players who appear to be still playing at least reserve football into their forties. Time for a comeback. Where's the Tramidol?

Bronco

Some acheivement alright  although I wouldn't be surprised if they lose both finals,Creggan and St Brigid's will be gunning for revenge.

Quote from: paddyjohn on September 11, 2020, 06:20:15 PM
A possible double double for the Toome lads.. some going there.

Calm Down

Brendan Toland doing the SFC final, give me strength, must be great to be a young aspiring referee in Antrim

BigBallWeeBall

Who would you prefer Calm Down, at least he's neutral

Calm Down

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on September 13, 2020, 08:55:10 PM

Conall Roberts, Karol Doherty, Snoop, McDermott from Whitehill, maybe one of those from our Ulster and national panels

Calm Down

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on September 13, 2020, 08:55:10 PM
And more to the point a doubt a ref has ever reffed his own team in a county final I.e off course he will be neutral

BigBallWeeBall

Calm down Calm Down you're frothing at the mouth lately. I merely meant that as he's from the Big Smoke then we can't say he's got a bias

Calm Down

Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on September 13, 2020, 09:19:44 PM
Calm down Calm Down you're frothing at the mouth lately. I merely meant that as he's from the Big Smoke then we can't say he's got a bias

I am perfectly calm and rational, indeed I would say it is you who is otherwise tonight given the resort to personal comments, no need to be like that Mr McDonald

Belfast GAA man

Mckeown and mccotter are tWo good refs from the city. Thought Toland was on his way out