Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 07, 2017, 02:23:02 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2017, 01:24:05 PM
So I was away for a day (works golf do! ) and the Referee from last week has endured hardship? The referee fills in a report after the game... it goes to the county and that's that, whatever happens afterwards is down to the county committee, I'd say McKeever wouldn't be losing sleep over it, nor would Cargin, slow news day it seems
Which ref would be pleased if he has his judgement and indeed integrity called into question by a few individuals who most likely were not at the game in question MR2...?
Indeed a few would say u are indeed standing tall for ur mates.

Awaiting the call from BS.....

Cargin are most likely unconcerned as the were last term when the same body handed down suspension to JB...eve of championship final
:)

Sticking up for refs?? I've yet to go to a match or refereed in a match that an official/player/manager or supporter hasn't gave off about a referee or called into question his judgement his integrity and not leaving out his parentage !!! But now all of a sudden you're all worried about the ref??

Comical and predictable
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2017, 02:31:26 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 07, 2017, 02:02:53 PM
So I was away for a day (works golf do! ) and the Referee from last week has endured hardship? The referee fills in a report after the game... it goes to the county and that's that, whatever happens afterwards is down to the county committee, I'd say McKeever wouldn't be losing sleep over it, nor would Cargin, slow news day it seems

Actually he isnt happy.  Close source. Maybe you're out of the loop now. Sticking up for the establishment again.

Ffs lad wise up, again anyone who knows me and my dealings with the county would know that I'm not nor ever been on the good side of county board! But carry on lad, it's amusing

Just so ive got this straight, you are ok with the chc taking the highly unusual step of overturning a referees report (and his reiteration that of fact  of incident via a telephone call ) to get a st johns player eligible to play?

Does this go on all the time for st johns players? Is it a case of who you know in the chc?  Im just asking coz im sure a lot of other clubs would want to know how regularly unusual measures like this occur

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Spike on October 07, 2017, 06:09:32 PM

Actually he isnt happy.  Close source. Maybe you're out of the loop now. Sticking up for the establishment again.

Ffs lad wise up, again anyone who knows me and my dealings with the county would know that I'm not nor ever been on the good side of county board! But carry on lad, it's amusing

Just so ive got this straight, you are ok with the chc taking the highly unusual step of overturning a referees report (and his reiteration that of fact  of incident via a telephone call ) to get a st johns player eligible to play?

Does this go on all the time for st johns players? Is it a case of who you know in the chc?  Im just asking coz im sure a lot of other clubs would want to know how regularly unusual measures like this occur

Now I'd have had you down as clever enough fella, but are you telling me this doesn't happen? So that I get it right, you've never heard of players having their red card rescinded ? Wow, either you've never watched any games played or coached to not know that this happens!

As for me saying it's ok... point that out where I said it please... I said he'd hardly be losing sleep over it, not the first time its happened and won't be the last. We are told these things happen and just fill in a report and sign it! After that it's someone else's problem!

I've also said Cargin won't worry either, they'll hardly make the same mistakes again
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Spike

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2017, 08:03:42 PM
Quote from: Spike on October 07, 2017, 06:09:32 PM

Now I'd have had you down as clever enough fella, but are you telling me this doesn't happen? So that I get it right, you've never heard of players having their red card rescinded ? Wow, either you've never watched any games played or coached to not know that this happens!

As for me saying it's ok... point that out where I said it please... I said he'd hardly be losing sleep over it, not the first time its happened and won't be the last. We are told these things happen and just fill in a report and sign it! After that it's someone else's problem!

I've also said Cargin won't worry either, they'll hardly make the same mistakes again

It certainly happens but surely unusual to rescind for reasons stated and the opposition of the opposition of the referee who wrote said report. Maybe Hardstation is right and the whole setup is farce.

Cargin comfortable tomorrow IF they for more than ten mins this time

Milltown Row2

What were the reasons stated ? Can't see where you stated it

Galer

No fan of cargin but i hope they win by 30 points.saff vis is a complete joke.its shaft south west side again.if a cargin player had of appealed it,it would have been doubled.People wonder why there is a divide? Its because of silly moronic people like chc and county board.people say u should be loyal to your county.why? When the people representing the county are constantly shafting you.why?

bannside

Was talking to Paul Mc Keever at a club fundraising quiz in our social club last night which he was working at (we raised over £8k) and he was quite mature regarding the about turn. He said he wasdisappointed for sure but certainly didn't come across as if he was going to lose nights sleep over the matter. Reports of him being devastated are considerably wide of the mark.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Galer on October 08, 2017, 09:32:08 AM
No fan of cargin but i hope they win by 30 points.saff vis is a complete joke.its shaft south west side again.if a cargin player had of appealed it,it would have been doubled.People wonder why there is a divide? Its because of silly moronic people like chc and county board.people say u should be loyal to your county.why? When the people representing the county are constantly shafting you.why?

Same posters were on complaining about a player getting shafted at Croke park for a dismal while playing for the county and Casement didn't do anything and now when they do something it's the worst!!!!

You're a weird bunch, and developing a lot of made up stuff about Belfast clubs, isn't healthy.. if there is a divide the reason is at your own door step... Belfast ones weren't complaining when we had North Antrim chairman and SW chairman, once we have a city man then it's they are conspiring against us!!!

Still waiting on what Spike stated was said, galer if Cargin don't get to the Ulster final this year considering the draw Antrim have this year I'd be a very disappointed Cargin supporter 

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on October 08, 2017, 10:22:27 AM
Was talking to Paul Mc Keever at a club fundraising quiz in our social club last night which he was working at (we raised over £8k) and he was quite mature regarding the about turn. He said he wasdisappointed for sure but certainly didn't come across as if he was going to lose nights sleep over the matter. Reports of him being devastated are considerably wide of the mark.
Never doubted you would toe the party line BS..... :)

bit of banter

Your very quick to let people know how much ur club raises at fundraisers bannside. Another few of those and you may be able to afford a senior coach like mckeever.

bannside

Money raised is for a seriously ill young club member who has been hospitalised for 3 months, not for the club coffers.

Galer

Mr2 u see everything as an attack on u.look around and i think there is just cause for complaint on what has happened over the years.we thought sv were going to play the game fair for once,they just stacked the cards even highet

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Galer on October 08, 2017, 04:35:40 PM
Mr2 u see everything as an attack on u.look around and i think there is just cause for complaint on what has happened over the years.we thought sv were going to play the game fair for once,they just stacked the cards even highet

So bar Cargin why haven't the other SW sides stepped up to win the Championship? Is that another reason ?

I'm not seeing anything as an attack I'm only responding to the them and us thing being spouted by all the SW posters on this site!  ffs lad give it a rest, it's embarrassing

Milltown Row2

Extra time... Lamhs hoping it goes to another replay

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on October 08, 2017, 06:21:44 PM
Oh dear. SW football in turmoil.

Crisis ffs!! No manager no players on county team, no senior finalists (nevermind winner) junior already in Belfast with Another on the way !! Will someone think of the childer!!