Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 11, 2016, 08:23:20 PM
Think the problem may well be the suitability of Corrigan as great sod but not spectator friendly and who can gurantee the safety of the Culchie's cars?
Have 9/4 Cargin and considering laying off a few bob to ensure profit......can get 1/1 Galls MR2....what u think?

Stick with your gut!! I would even say take the handicap !!

Now that we are in the final though I'm going for a one point win, think there might be an early black card or sending off which will determine the outcome !! Naomh Gall by one!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Think perhaps it is a case of 'heart ruling head' MR2 my friend.....think will be similar to 2015.....full squad and even TS is in contention despite recent surgery.
Cargin by 4/5...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 11, 2016, 08:46:23 PM
Think perhaps it is a case of 'heart ruling head' MR2 my friend.....think will be similar to 2015.....full squad and even TS is in contention despite recent surgery.
Cargin by 4/5...

Well the beauty of this game is we certainly don't fear Cargin, it's a final, it's away from the South west, we've regrouped, we haven't played that well and there is at least one good game in us, hopefully it will be at Corrigan..

For us I'm hoping we can have an open game and not a defensive one, I can't see Cargin doing what Lamhs did which will hopefully open the game up and allow us to play quicker ball into our forwards!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

country bumpkin

Agree to differ MR2...but having played catch up to what was a superb team in St Gall's the feeling in the Cargin camp is we have edged ahead and intend to move on...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 11, 2016, 09:42:41 PM
Agree to differ MR2...but having played catch up to what was a superb team in St Gall's the feeling in the Cargin camp is we have edged ahead and intend to move on...

With your age 30+ players?? Surely not

country bumpkin

A few years left MR2.......but u can be sure there are more than a few quite ready to write the epitaths for both Cargin and urselves.

MoChara

The provisional fixtures for 2017

Division 3 Football
Sat 05 Feb   Tipperary v Antrim
Sun 12 Feb   Offaly v Antrim
Sun 26 Feb   Antrim v Sligo
Sun 05 Mar   Louth v Antrim
Sun 19 Mar    Antrim v Laois
Sat 25 Mar     Armagh v Antrim
Sun 02 Apr   Antrim v Longford

Milltown Row2

Tyrone is a lovely guy and has done serious work with Antrim over 25 years but surely he's been through a lot of these decisions over the years (as has other committee men) to know that this is part and parcel of it all!!

The fact that it's his own club is I'm sure is the most annoying thing about it, but there must be plenty club men out there that are on the Antrim committee who'd also love their club to get it?

Like I said before the Chairman generally has the final say .. Irish news must be on a slow news day to highlight that..

Big thanks to Tyrone for his great work sad that he left over this, his club will be grateful to have his experience to serve the club again

hurlingstick

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2016, 11:53:44 AM
Tyrone is a lovely guy and has done serious work with Antrim over 25 years but surely he's been through a lot of these decisions over the years (as has other committee men) to know that this is part and parcel of it all!!

The fact that it's his own club is I'm sure is the most annoying thing about it, but there must be plenty club men out there that are on the Antrim committee who'd also love their club to get it?

Like I said before the Chairman generally has the final say .. Irish news must be on a slow news day to highlight that..

Big thanks to Tyrone for his great work sad that he left over this, his club will be grateful to have his experience to serve the club again

They've made a mess of venue choice more than once this year. It's an easy decision. Best venue (facilities wise) should get the nod. Is Corrigan the most suitable venue? Definitely not. Look at the parking issue for one.

Same thing with the selection of Glenravel for the hurling semi final. Absolutely not the most appropriate venue to host the hurling semi final. Viewing was very restricted for many supporters.

Dunsilly for underage finals is the best decision of all .......come and watch our finals.......you have to park your car away from the ground .......jump on a bus to come to the pitch ..........get a bus back to your car after.......it's ridiculous.

Finals should go to the clubs with the best facilities. Not the club of the county Chairman.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hurlingstick on October 13, 2016, 12:51:58 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2016, 11:53:44 AM

They've made a mess of venue choice more than once this year. It's an easy decision. Best venue (facilities wise) should get the nod. Is Corrigan the most suitable venue? Definitely not. Look at the parking issue for one.

Same thing with the selection of Glenravel for the hurling semi final. Absolutely not the most appropriate venue to host the hurling semi final. Viewing was very restricted for many supporters.

Dunsilly for underage finals is the best decision of all .......come and watch our finals.......you have to park your car away from the ground .......jump on a bus to come to the pitch ..........get a bus back to your car after.......it's ridiculous.

Finals should go to the clubs with the best facilities. Not the club of the county Chairman.

Lamhs would have been a decent choice . Well for viewing, parking an issue but sure Ballycastle couldn't even facilitate the amount of cars that turned up, you can please some of the people some of the time...

country bumpkin

Jeez MR2 seems u really are a tad biased methinks...seems anywhere other than in the S West is suitable.
Corrigan is a smashing pitch to play on, but a poor vantage point for those who pay to watch ;
Parking......well dont go there.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: country bumpkin on October 13, 2016, 01:27:25 PM
Jeez MR2 seems u really are a tad biased methinks...seems anywhere other than in the S West is suitable.
Corrigan is a smashing pitch to play on, but a poor vantage point for those who pay to watch ;
Parking......well dont go there.

Not biased at all, its at another ground, not Milltown Row... How many finals have been played in Belfast since Casement closed? I think if you look at it without the green tinted glasses you'd have to say then a Belfast venue every so often is going to happen, no?

As for Corrigan, changing room facilities and pitch is perfect, on parking, unfortunately one car from tourists which parked up the road away from the official parking area had its back windows smashed (seen aftermath as i was driving away) something which happens in Belfast a lot unfortunately.... Viewing well a lot to work on, if there was a full raised side on both ends then it would facilitate everybody... Lets see on Sunday if its as bad as some are making out!

See you then  ;)

Na Glinntí Glasa

what is the craic for parking on sunday in all seriousness folks. Im heading up for the minor match and i heard that you can only park one side of the whiterock road. i assume this is the case and that its either that or the neighbouring college?
hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Solution to park in nearby car parks and use a park and ride? If the county can do it with Dunsilly surely they could do it with this? Some advertising for a local bus company.