Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

playwiththewind1st

Just heard of death of Sean McNally, a St. Malachy's man & ex Chairman of the South Antrim Board, during the 1970s. Funeral St. Mary's Greencastle [Newtownabbey] on Saturday @ 10.

SaffronHeart

Footballers starting to motor big performance needed in Waterford which would set up a promotion decider with Offaly.

culchie11

Good win surely considering the start they made conceding the goal & going a man down so early on.
showed great character to go on and win the game.
an away win this weekend will setup them up nicely for offaly game.
bannside do you know if big niall mckeever will be back soon?

i hate the way the irish news keeps running stories on the players we are missing, very disrespectful to the ones who r there!
they choose not to be in squad at present, get on with it.
next interview will be with kevin niblock & on & on!!
would be great to have them all back especially niblock & kobo, but you play the hand your dealt!

dont think frank has got enough prise for just getting on with the job at hand.

Give and Go

culchie11 I couldn't agree more. I've been amazed by all the coverage of the footballers since before the league began. So much focus on players not in but I think the Manager didn't help as he also repeatedly talked about keeping the door open and kept the story running.
This may have cost them in the early rounds as they were leaderless on the pitch.

Would love to see them beat Offaly and really bounce back. not a simple run in - Waterford away could be tricky... Wicklow at home should be a win and then Offaly away to decide the table.

bannside

Big Niall out with a quad injury Culchie. Think another week or two before he can start jogging again. Hopefully back for the Offaly game which could be massive.

country bumpkin

Yep Offaly game could well be massive Bannside, but even full points from last two games won't guarantee promotion.

bannside

Nothing guaranteed yet but at least we are back in the mix. Winning a good habit to get onto but harder tasks ahead.

Wicklow match is massive. Nothing between us in recent years - but last year we had them on the ropes but CJ missed a penalty and our weak mentality was exposed again in the weeks that followed.

A win against Wicklow is essential to get the supporters back out again. If we lose its div 4 again next year. If we win a decent crowd will go to Tullamore.  It's up to the players to earn the respect of the paying public and a few wins back to back is a good start. But it gets harder from here.

SaffronHeart

2 wins and we shpould be alright country bumpkin the way the fixtures lie. Really hoping for longford to beat offaly which would help our bid. Tasty fixture in Tullamore if we beat Wicklow. Whats up with Tomas McCann Country Bumpkin is he injured wasnt playing today?

country bumpkin

Don't know what is going on with Tomas SH................but just saying that we have an inferior score difference than both Longford and Offaly and this may cost us.

brendanbelfast

But if we beat Offaly, and finish level on pints with them (they would have dropped at least 3 if that happens) then we finish above them on a 'head to head' basis. Point difference only applies if more than 2 teams finish level.

Offaly and Longford still have to play each other - points will be dropped by one or both of them.

country bumpkin

Right BB now I am enlightened and I may well have a few bob on the Saffrons to win the division. Hear PP is offering 6/1, and indeed our 21s are 6/1 to beat Armagh?

bannside

John Mc Keever - from Portglenone - who has landed the biggest job in Ulster Football with Ballinderry Shamrocks, lands the first title of the season in beating Ardboe by 7 points in Ulster league final tonight.

shawshank

Wise up, the biggest job in Ulster club football is Crossmaglen, closely followed by Portglenone.  ;) Ballinderry won a competiton that none of the current big championship winners play in. Hardly an achievement worth mentioning. The only achievement here was that nobody got hit by a Ballinderry supporter, ah I forgot, they won, so no bother. ;) ;D :-*

Na Glinntí Glasa

the ulster league is a joke. Its pre-season football and nothing more.

Its that bad that in hurling that none of the Div 1 Antrim sides even bother with it anymore and prefer to train on their own rather than trod about wet boggy pitches playing reserve and experimental teams
hurl like f**k boi!

oakleafgael

Quote from: shawshank on March 23, 2015, 09:30:20 AM
Wise up, the biggest job in Ulster club football is Crossmaglen, closely followed by Portglenone.  ;) Ballinderry won a competiton that none of the current big championship winners play in. Hardly an achievement worth mentioning. The only achievement here was that nobody got hit by a Ballinderry supporter, ah I forgot, they won, so no bother. ;) ;D :-*

Got it in one. Sad to see Ballinderry lining the pockets of another one of the band of mercenaries moving from club to club. I know they have had outside men before but there are plenty of men in their club more than capable of taking their senior team.

This clique of managers and coaches should all be roaded from the GAA.