Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: NAG1 on September 10, 2014, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 10, 2014, 01:51:01 PM
No wonder Antrim football is in the state it is, more splits than unionism. No ambition.

Yeah cause he did such a bang up job with Louth  ;)

Time to get the structures right from the bottom up, until we do this, no paid mercenary will ever have success regardless.
Whats it got to do with Louth? You've treated Bradley like S*it. If your going to sack some one then do it. Don't interview for his job behind his back.

NAG1

Quote from: Applesisapples on September 10, 2014, 02:34:38 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on September 10, 2014, 02:01:54 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on September 10, 2014, 01:51:01 PM
No wonder Antrim football is in the state it is, more splits than unionism. No ambition.

Yeah cause he did such a bang up job with Louth  ;)

Time to get the structures right from the bottom up, until we do this, no paid mercenary will ever have success regardless.
Whats it got to do with Louth? You've treated Bradley like S*it. If your going to sack some one then do it. Don't interview for his job behind his back.

Maybe not gone about it in the right way, but at the end of the day Bradley had to go.
You can't be coaching 2/3 different teams (for expenses) and be giving any of the jobs a real go.

The gravy train has to stop somewhere.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ck

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2014, 07:10:58 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2014, 07:04:52 PM
Best of luck to Frankie.

+1 No stone left unturned no doubt

As an outsider who is this Fitzsimmons guy? Good track record?

glens abu

Quote from: ck on September 10, 2014, 10:46:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 10, 2014, 07:10:58 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2014, 07:04:52 PM
Best of luck to Frankie.

+1 No stone left unturned no doubt

As an outsider who is this Fitzsimmons guy? Good track record?

The cheapest option they could get.

bloodybreakball

I can't be the only one who thinks Aidan o rourke has some neck on him going for the senior football manager position and then asking for a blank cheque book for five years to do whatever he felt he needed!
Sure that's a great idea, a blind man on the street could have told you that was a great idea but where was the money going to come from for that, it can't just appear from mid air!
Tbh I think you have to be careful of some of those boys want everything they ask for, it would be great to have another 10 or fifteen coaches up and down the county in the schools, but 12grand a pop where do we start the fundraising for 150,000 pound EVERY YEAR. croke park can do a bit, but it's a cop out to say we shouldn't bee doing most of it ourselves

duirtancharraig

The word is that the five year plan included a fundraising proposal to pay for it all. typical of the lack of ambition with coiste banaiste that they aren't willing to really face what the problems are in antrim.
All the luck in the world to Russ and whoever he brings in. hes one of the good guys and deserves a shot.

country bumpkin

Hear that Friday is to be D Day in the Casement Park debacle and if the Courts decide against then the new stadium will be a dead duck and the £61 million will no longer by available.................If such comes to pass what then................Who will be the winners..........certainly not the Gaels of Antrim!

bannside

Disappointing match last night which never lived up to its billing. Cargin won with plenty to spare against a Lamh Dhearg team which offered little. They didnt create one worthwhile goal scoring chance and didnt score from play in an hours football.  I was expecting more from them but that was truthfully a shocking display from them - and Cargin need not be feeling over the world either. They did enough without looking impressive, and their display was a long way off the standard needed to trouble St Galls. Anyone care to agree or disagree?

bloodybreakball

Any details on the magic fundraising plan?

bannside

Which fundraising plan is that three B`s?

Great news about the residents if true Glens. I hope they did get some satisfaction somewhere, because they did have legitimate concerns it must be admitted.

glens abu

Quote from: bloodybreakball on September 10, 2014, 11:43:14 PM
I can't be the only one who thinks Aidan o rourke has some neck on him going for the senior football manager position and then asking for a blank cheque book for five years to do whatever he felt he needed!
Sure that's a great idea, a blind man on the street could have told you that was a great idea but where was the money going to come from for that, it can't just appear from mid air!
Tbh I think you have to be careful of some of those boys want everything they ask for, it would be great to have another 10 or fifteen coaches up and down the county in the schools, but 12grand a pop where do we start the fundraising for 150,000 pound EVERY YEAR. croke park can do a bit, but it's a cop out to say we shouldn't bee doing most of it ourselves

Think we need to have a wee bit of ambition.

bannside

We are a mile behind the way the hurling people organise themselves. They have ASH going and a good working support group in behind the scenes for all the extra bits and pieces. This goes into their development squads as well - so fair play to them for getting their finger out.

The football people havent done that. We are stagnant, leaderless, and rudderless. We accept mediocrity as if its our lot, without as much as a whimper.

County supporters have stopped going to matches. They dont even get animated enough to demand a lot more from their club delegates to CC. We are a sad bunch and hopefully a new management team can kick start something, anything actually. Thats how far we have sunk.

glens abu

Quote from: bannside on September 11, 2014, 12:02:39 PM
Which fundraising plan is that three B`s?

Great news about the residents if true Glens. I hope they did get some satisfaction somewhere, because they did have legitimate concerns it must be admitted.

Looks like I was given wrong information regarding the residents Bannside,Unfortunatley

country bumpkin

Of course Cargin, (if they get to the final), won't trouble St Gall's Bannside..............sure I hear they have already decided to offer little resistance to the Milltown men on their way to a most historic eight in a row.