Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Sincere commiserations to the Fitzsimmons and Lamh Dhearg clan on the tragic passing of Eddie Fitz. Antrim Football will be a lot poorer for his loss, real characters like Eddie are not easily replaced. Thoughts and prayers from the South West.

bannside

Well done to St Teresas - on a nice progressive curve and showing that the better division two teams can hold their own with mid table division one, as has been the case for several years. Not at all surprised by the result, and wouldnt be in the least bit surprised either to hear that a certain Teresas defender, Conor Mallon, was the best player on the pitch. Usually is.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on July 22, 2014, 08:47:55 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 21, 2014, 03:46:45 PM
St Galls haven't been arguably the best side in the province for a while...Losing the county boys will probably help them though so would still expect them to win.

Antrim seem to have improved a lot. Ardoyne may challenge them though.

Are moneyglass or st teresa in the intermediate? They may challenge.

St Teresas are current IFC champions - but are playing SFC this year
Is this by choice ?
they are top of DIV 2 and have a good chance of retaining their title aswell as promotion, why play in the SFC when they wont win it ?

i know it's early yet but that's why im sitting here drinking wine and not been asked on to The Sunday Game yet !!

and still going for promotion too - Fair fucks
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ManInBlackandGreen

Sad and difficult weekend with the loss of a friend and colleague, and I would just like to say to the supporter out there at one of his last games who thought he was being the center of attention feel like a C*** now and lets hope everyone makes that out of you in the not to distant future, your fame is only beginning.. Eddy Rest in Peace all our thoughts are with you and the family.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on September 06, 2014, 11:43:22 AM
Sad and difficult weekend with the loss of a friend and colleague, and I would just like to say to the supporter out there at one of his last games who thought he was being the center of attention feel like a C*** now and lets hope everyone makes that out of you in the not to distant future, your fame is only beginning.. Eddy Rest in Peace all our thoughts are with you and the family.

Still digesting this, very hard to take haven been with him last Sat in Loughgiel, he was in great form and full of life, so sad. Had great banter with Eddie over the last few years as a fellow referee.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

Ridiculous post

Milltown Row2

That's said to every referee every week, I doubt that would have troubled Eddie too much, and more to the point he wouldn't say to his face that's for sure
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

Great result for st teras beating st johns in the seniors.

country bumpkin

I see the Cargin L Dhearg game is set for Creggan on Wed evening at 7.30....................now the little guy is a trifle optimistic I think.

Gizzy15

Never thought i would come onto a board and have a go at a referee but have to say i witnessed the most blatent cheating on a football field for many a year last night in the junior semi final at corrigan. The amount of neutral spectators that said so made me a bit more zane as i thought i was just over paranoid

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 07, 2014, 09:15:53 AM
Never thought i would come onto a board and have a go at a referee but have to say i witnessed the most blatent cheating on a football field for many a year last night in the junior semi final at corrigan. The amount of neutral spectators that said so made me a bit more zane as i thought i was just over paranoid

So don't!!! The man in question can't defend himself

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gizzy15 on September 07, 2014, 09:15:53 AM

Aye I'm sure. The ref in question is one of the most honest refs I know and I've been on the end of a few dodgy decisions by him also, but he's always put his hands up and said he was wrong if that was the case. Always cheated, never defeated eh..

SambaSaffron

As far as the senior and intermediate championships go, St Galls and Portglenone have them to throw away. Can't see either being troubled from what I've seen so far.

imtommygunn

Quote from: SambaSaffron on September 07, 2014, 08:57:36 PM
As far as the senior and intermediate championships go, St Galls and Portglenone have them to throw away. Can't see either being troubled from what I've seen so far.

What about moneyglass / glenavy... They not give portglenone a game?

bannside

Of course they will.  Neither Moneyglass or Glenavy will have any inferiority complex against us. Those teams all know each other and there's never too much between them. They have all been round the block in recent years and that's making the intermediate championship more interesting than ever. Wide open.