Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 31, 2012, 09:21:46 PM
refs are getting a bit OTT these days i think. I was at an antrim league game last night too where it finished 13 a side. A bit niggly now and again , but not the worst ive seen. the 1st red card was deserved but the rest were borderline, a bit more common sense could have been used. Seems like if it a bit more common sense was used at St Galls/LD, then i doubt if 5 Reds would have been issued.

Common sense should really come from the players FFS. Fed up hearing that one. Would you use that line if someone ended up with brain damage if hit on the temple from some scum bag? Afraid not, these arse holes need rid out.

Wasn't that long ago that a lad was hit in San Fran and ended up in a bad way.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 31, 2012, 11:53:22 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on May 31, 2012, 09:21:46 PM
refs are getting a bit OTT these days i think. I was at an antrim league game last night too where it finished 13 a side. A bit niggly now and again , but not the worst ive seen. the 1st red card was deserved but the rest were borderline, a bit more common sense could have been used. Seems like if it a bit more common sense was used at St Galls/LD, then i doubt if 5 Reds would have been issued.

Common sense should really come from the players FFS. Fed up hearing that one. Would you use that line if someone ended up with brain damage if hit on the temple from some scum bag? Afraid not, these arse holes need rid out.

Wasn't that long ago that a lad was hit in San Fran and ended up in a bad way.

i know what you;re saying, and as i said the 1st guy got the line deservedly cause he struck and left the cub with a bad eye, but the other 3 were far from sc**bag actions
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

bannside

This red you talk of Hoof was indeed a particularly dirty, callous totally random off the ball offence - the kind of which has absolutely no place in our games. The recipient of the blow was player a minor who was lining out for his club in the middle of his A levels, and will today attempt to do an A level with an eye so black and swollen that he will be lucky to see out of it. Horrific to say the least.

Leave er in

This red you talk of Hoof was indeed a particularly dirty, callous totally random off the ball offence - the kind of which has absolutely no place in our games. The recipient of the blow was player a minor who was lining out for his club in the middle of his A levels, and will today attempt to do an A level with an eye so black and swollen that he will be lucky to see out of it. Horrific to say the least.

I'll start with saying I in no way justify the act that happened on Wednesday night however I feel one party in the story is being hung out to dry here, I also attended the game and didn't see the incident at the time but have been speaking to our man involved since, as anyone that knows him will know he is a fiery character who unfortunately has a history of being involved in confrontation but you will also know he is honest as the day is long and that he would not strike for the sake of striking (I'll reiterate that i don't justify it) however as our man tells it after a bit of jostling shirt pulling etc the opposition player struck out at him hitting him in the throat he then retaliated, not quite a random callous off the ball offence, it is unfortunate that the boy is a minor and sitting exams but if you raise your hands you leave yourself open to retaliation. However its a shame that in some of our games things come to this men should be men and play a good hard game of football without the need to strike with hands or feet, just good honest graft and a handshake at the end

gelvis

Quote from: The Worker on May 31, 2012, 10:52:04 PM
Quote from: gelvis on May 31, 2012, 08:34:55 PM
Plenty of rowing at the Ballymena St Teresas game lastnight too I hear?

Many reds in that 1?

Think it all happened after the game, wasn't there myself.  It would probably depend on the referees report now
"If you worried about falling off the bike, you'd never get on"

aontroim

CitySlicker11

Excellent win for Rossa in a big derby game, they must be starting to bring through a few young footballers HS? St Johns don't seem as hot as they have been the last few years?

Gold

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 06, 2012, 11:38:10 PM
Excellent win for Rossa in a big derby game, they must be starting to bring through a few young footballers HS? St Johns don't seem as hot as they have been the last few years?

Rossa could find themselves in a Championship Final if they're not careful!
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

CitySlicker11

Sounds interesting, Rossa could end up staying up if they pick up another few wins soon, few teams struggling at the minute, just noticed how well St Pauls are doing, anyone saw them this year?

Rasharkin Gael

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 07, 2012, 01:08:36 AM
Sounds interesting, Rossa could end up staying up if they pick up another few wins soon, few teams struggling at the minute, just noticed how well St Pauls are doing, anyone saw them this year?

Unfortunately i have watched St Pauls twice this year and twice beat us. Average enough side, one very good forward, dont know his name and defensively very well organised but have a very poor midfield, doesn't say a lot for us that they beat us twice.
Some result for Rossa last night, puts them back in the mix with Rasharkin, Ahoghill, Creggan, Brigids and even Jonnies. It is going to be a real dog fight at the bottom end of the table this year.
Is Eamon Blaney away from St Johns, didnt see him on the line last night?

CitySlicker11

Had heard he left St Johns a while back due to commitment reasons from players etc, but you never really hear the full truth in these matters. Yes I agree there is going to be some serious tight games around the bottom this year, whoever stays the most injury free I feel will remain safe.

Mickey Linden

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on June 07, 2012, 09:34:54 AM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on June 07, 2012, 01:08:36 AM

Unfortunately i have watched St Pauls twice this year and twice beat us. Average enough side, one very good forward, dont know his name and defensively very well organised but have a very poor midfield, doesn't say a lot for us that they beat us twice.
Some result for Rossa last night, puts them back in the mix with Rasharkin, Ahoghill, Creggan, Brigids and even Jonnies. It is going to be a real dog fight at the bottom end of the table this year.

I heard the game of last night was in Aghagallon Rasharkin Gael? Any truth?

Antrim2011

Quote from: Rasharkin Gael on Today at 09:34:54 AM
Quote from: CitySlicker11 on Today at 01:08:36 AM

I heard the game of last night was in Aghagallon Rasharkin Gael? Any truth?

Yeah ur right, Aghagallon stole it. They were 7 up 5 mins into second half, then Rasharkin went 4 up with 10 mins to go , then aghalgallon got couple of points, then a goal in the last minute, It was a end to end game

Would have been a big Result for Rasharkin, which would help them avoid relegation

Rasharkin Gael

Reserves devastated at losing that game, they haven't had a win all season. Awful lot of injuries in our senior panel so many of the fellas who would normally be playing for the reserves have been drafted into the Senior ranks and has left them very weak. Apart from a hammering from Gort na Mona they have actually done very well under the circumstances and have no luck go their way at all.
Unbelievable finish to the Aghagallon game, but when your lucks out its out!

DearyMe

Naomh Gall v Creagán   
Rasharkin v  Ahoghill 
St Bridgid's  v  Naomh Pól
Carragan v Rossa

Predictions?
Its getting a tad boring now - St.Galls will take some stoping, beating teams with 4,5,6 players missing every week!!!

Any way for what its worth:

4 home wins!
Do not wait to strike until the iron is hot, but make it hot by striking!