County Manager Merry go round

Started by Rossfan, August 11, 2015, 02:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Fermanaghs best forward Tomas Corrigan fell out with Gallagher and wasn't involved this year. Neither was his brother Ruari. Maybe for the best Gallagher is gone, to have you're best players back available.

Emmett

Quote from: FermGael on July 29, 2019, 04:59:31 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 29, 2019, 02:25:47 PM
Quote from: FermGael on July 29, 2019, 01:35:50 PM
https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/17801690.breaking-gallagher-steps-fermanagh-manager/

Surprised at this myself....Fermanagh ones happy enough though?

Rory did a very good job.
Took over Fermanagh in division 3 and we were promoted in his first year.  He then got us to an Ulster final where we failed to turn up against Donegal.
In his second year he kept us in division 2 ( and we were very unlucky not to get promoted , draws against Tipp and Cork ultimately cost us ) and then we put in two good performances in the championship especially against Donegal. With a bit more or attacking threat we would have beat Monaghan.

I am surprised he walked away.  He has developed alot of young players in the 2 years and there seems to be a good crop of lads from the St Michaels team of this year coming through.
Maybe he thought he had reached the ceiling, maybe he needed a break or maybe he has gotten a better offer....

Next appointment will be critical as division 2 will be ultra competitive again .   

Rory indeed did a fine job in getting us results and keeping us competitive. It's just a pity he could not find a way of making us more of a scoring threat, The players were definitely there.

On his "resignation" there is much more to it than meets the eye. The Sunday World would have a field day!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on July 29, 2019, 02:35:23 PM
Anthony Rainbow has handed in his notice at Ballyboden...

Is that definite Hound?
#newbridgeornowhere

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 26, 2019, 03:01:40 PM
Is Monaghan's objective to go backwards in finding a replacement for O'Rourke?

'Banty' return could be on the cards in Monaghan

Seamus McEnaney is one of the frontrunners to replace Malachy O'Rourke as Monaghan senior football manager.

The Corduff clubman – current manager of the Monaghan U20s - previously managed his native county for six years between 2004 and 2010, leading them to two Ulster finals and a Division Two league title. He has managed Meath and Wexford in the meantime.

According to The Irish News, his is one of three names that have gone forward to the Monaghan County Board this week, with interviews expected to be carried out soon.

The other two candidates for the vacant post are reported to be former Crossmaglen manager Tony McEntee and former Scotstown and Cavan boss Mattie McGleenan.

This cannot and won't happen..

t_mac

Quote from: Emmett on July 29, 2019, 07:17:31 PM
Quote from: FermGael on July 29, 2019, 04:59:31 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on July 29, 2019, 02:25:47 PM
Quote from: FermGael on July 29, 2019, 01:35:50 PM
https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/17801690.breaking-gallagher-steps-fermanagh-manager/

Surprised at this myself....Fermanagh ones happy enough though?

Rory did a very good job.
Took over Fermanagh in division 3 and we were promoted in his first year.  He then got us to an Ulster final where we failed to turn up against Donegal.
In his second year he kept us in division 2 ( and we were very unlucky not to get promoted , draws against Tipp and Cork ultimately cost us ) and then we put in two good performances in the championship especially against Donegal. With a bit more or attacking threat we would have beat Monaghan.

I am surprised he walked away.  He has developed alot of young players in the 2 years and there seems to be a good crop of lads from the St Michaels team of this year coming through.
Maybe he thought he had reached the ceiling, maybe he needed a break or maybe he has gotten a better offer....

Next appointment will be critical as division 2 will be ultra competitive again .   

Rory indeed did a fine job in getting us results and keeping us competitive. It's just a pity he could not find a way of making us more of a scoring threat, The players were definitely there.

On his "resignation" there is much more to it than meets the eye. The Sunday World would have a field day!

That is it in a nut shell, I admired the way Fermanagh could keep the big guns at bay but you were never going to win matches scoring less than 10 scores a game.

Captain Scarlet

A lot of movement and surely a lot more to come with Walsh and maybe Geezer?

Being from Kildare I'd hope we get our arses in gear soon or have already been chatting people. But, there seems to be no whispers yet.

Monaghan are in a bind too, considering who might be out there. It really is a domino thing over what might happen?

O'Rourke would be a good shout for Kildare or Derry?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on July 30, 2019, 02:56:13 PM

Being from Kildare I'd hope we get our arses in gear soon or have already been chatting people. But, there seems to be no whispers yet.

Monaghan are in a bind too, considering who might be out there. It really is a domino thing over what might happen?

All the talk is he's staying on.

Dinny Breen

They've been chatting to possible candidates.
#newbridgeornowhere

Captain Scarlet

Don't leave a lad hanging Dinny...
Who are you hearing and any positive responses?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

An Fhairche Abu

Don't know whether there'll be any movement at all with the Galway football manager to be honest.

Dinny Breen

John Sugrue has stepped down from Laois. Will be in demand I suspect.
#newbridgeornowhere

kerryforsam19

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 30, 2019, 06:40:26 PM
John Sugrue has stepped down from Laois. Will be in demand I suspect.

He was selector and coach under Jack O'connor, could be part of the new backroom team?

FermGael

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on July 30, 2019, 11:44:52 AM
Quote from: Blowitupref on July 26, 2019, 03:01:40 PM
Is Monaghan's objective to go backwards in finding a replacement for O'Rourke?

'Banty' return could be on the cards in Monaghan

Seamus McEnaney is one of the frontrunners to replace Malachy O'Rourke as Monaghan senior football manager.

The Corduff clubman – current manager of the Monaghan U20s - previously managed his native county for six years between 2004 and 2010, leading them to two Ulster finals and a Division Two league title. He has managed Meath and Wexford in the meantime.

According to The Irish News, his is one of three names that have gone forward to the Monaghan County Board this week, with interviews expected to be carried out soon.

The other two candidates for the vacant post are reported to be former Crossmaglen manager Tony McEntee and former Scotstown and Cavan boss Mattie McGleenan.

This cannot and won't happen..

Don't worry. According to the Irish News Backpage today it's not Banty on his own. It's Banty and Rory Gallagher.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

the goal was on

rory  g really is the most loyal of fellas !!, straight from donegal to fermanagh, now jumps into another bed. Had a history of this when playing too!.