GaaGo

Started by gortnaleck, February 26, 2022, 08:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I think GAA go will have to go...

Lorcs

Has anyone been able to download the GAAGO app on an LG TV?

I've been unable to, and had to cast it to the TV from a mobile, whilst on another (Android) TV I can use the app directly.

TIA

armaghniac

Quote from: Lorcs on July 26, 2023, 12:10:44 AM
Has anyone been able to download the GAAGO app on an LG TV?

I've been unable to, and had to cast it to the TV from a mobile, whilst on another (Android) TV I can use the app directly.

TIA

I was able to just use the browser on an LG TV (2019)
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

JoG2

Browser for me via the Firestick (Silk)

Blowitupref

2024 GAAGO Match Schedule

April 6th

CSFC Quarter final: London v Galway

April 7th

CSFC Quarter final: New York v Mayo

April 13th

-

April 14th

LSFC Quarter Final: Kildare v Westmeath / Wicklow

April 20th

MSFC Semi-final: Kerry v Cork / Limerick

April 21st

MSHC RR1: Waterford v Cork

April 27th

LSHC RR2: Antrim v Wexford

USFC Semi Final (Fermanagh / Armagh v Down / Antrim)

April 28th

MSHC RR2: Cork v Clare

LSFC Semi Final: Kildare / Westmeath / Wicklow v Louth / Carlow / Wexford

LSFC Semi Final: Dublin / Longford / Meath v Off / Laois

May 4th

MSHC RR3: Waterford v Tipperary

LSHC RR3: Wexford v Galway

May 5th

-

May 11th

MSHC RR3: Cork v Limerick

LSHC RR3: Carlow v Kilkenny

Tailteann Cup Rd 1 game

May 12th

-

May 18th

Round Robin SFC Rd 1 x 2 games

Tailteann Cup Rd 2 game

LSHC RR4: Dublin v Kilkenny

May 19th

-

May 25th

Round Robin SFC1 x 2 games

May 26th

LSHC RR5: TBC v TBC

June 1st

Round Robin SFC Rd2 x 2 games

Tailteann Cup Rd 3 game

June 2nd

-

June 8th

Tailteann Cup Preliminary Quarter Finals x 2 games

June 9th

-

June 15th

Round Robin SFC Rd 3 x 2 games

Tailteann Cup Quarter Finals x 2 games

June 16th

Round Robin SFC Rd 3 x 1 game

June 22nd/23rd

AISFC Preliminary Quarter Finals x 4 games

June 29th

AISFC Quarter finals x 2 games
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

thewobbler

7 people in the publicity shot.

Wha you reckon the spread would be for how many of them has a Dodgybox? 4?

twohands!!!

Quote from: thewobbler on December 04, 2023, 08:43:43 PM7 people in the publicity shot.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was all seven.

I'm surprised that the CCPC anti-competitve thing isn't more of an issue.
I would have thought that the EU would have issues with it.

Like you have a state broadcaster that gets significant onging funds direct from the government and a sports organisation that gets significant ongoing state funding who have set up a 50/50 business together that puts a fair chunk of the games behind a paywall.

Also it would be interesting to know what would happen if another broadcaster took a case - Virgin already came out and said they were not even approached about bidding for the rights for these games.

clonian

Quote from: thewobbler on December 04, 2023, 08:43:43 PM7 people in the publicity shot.

Our county hurling manager was calling out people for using a firestick to watch GAAGO during the summer. Taking money out of the GAA's pocket or something like that. I probably will get a season ticket this year if I can get the app on the TV, mostly because the streams didn't work right during the summer, but that sort of nonsense does my head in.

I pay family membership in 2 clubs (football and hurling are separate clubs), have a county draw ticket for each club, lotto in both, countless draws and fundraisers through both and I'm the problem if I watch a couple of games on the firestick. Tackle the amount of money going to coaches/managers/s&c/fraudsters doing the clubs out of 1000s every year

5times5times

Jesus Donal Og is an awful yap. How does he get so much airtime? Complains & complains some more

bennydorano

Quote from: clonian on December 05, 2023, 09:02:17 AM

Our county hurling manager was calling out people for using a firestick to watch GAAGO during the summer. Taking money out of the GAA's pocket or something like that. I probably will get a season ticket this year if I can get the app on the TV, mostly because the streams didn't work right during the summer, but that sort of nonsense does my head in.

I pay family membership in 2 clubs (football and hurling are separate clubs), have a county draw ticket for each club, lotto in both, countless draws and fundraisers through both and I'm the problem if I watch a couple of games on the firestick. Tackle the amount of money going to coaches/managers/s&c/fraudsters doing the clubs out of 1000s every year
I hope GAAGO collapses into a financial black hole. Is it any wonder dodgy sticks are on the rise- the whole world of entertainment and sports have repackaged programmes that were essentially already available and are gouging the world. How many subscriptions are knocking about these days and new ones appearing all the time.

thewobbler

Disagree completely Bennydorano.

We now have heavily bloated senior championships being played out in a much shorter window.

Any expectation that these competitions could each be shown in full on free-to-air TV, is based on delusion.

Whereas it might just work as a PPV streaming service. Not everything, but most games could be streamed without a crazy cost. Why you would want such a service to fall into private sector hands, I don't know.

Eire90

dodgy boxes gives more exposure to your sport a lot of people just wouldnt bother watching at all if had to pay.

bennydorano

Quote from: thewobbler on December 05, 2023, 12:34:10 PMDisagree completely Bennydorano.

We now have heavily bloated senior championships being played out in a much shorter window.

Any expectation that these competitions could each be shown in full on free-to-air TV, is based on delusion.

Whereas it might just work as a PPV streaming service. Not everything, but most games could be streamed without a crazy cost. Why you would want such a service to fall into private sector hands, I don't know.

IMO Sky offered a perfectly acceptable service, along with the terrestrial additions suited me perfectly. I don't need or want to watch 10 middling games per weekend. I'll travel or pay to watch my own but the rest....meh. That initial GAAGO schedule is fairly terrible as well.

I've made this related point numerous times before as well- The organisation speaks with a forked tongue, the aren't we great amateur organisation who preach about values & volunteerism are the first to stick the arm in and for some reason are also at the forefront of driving a cashless organisation (a side point but one I passionately disagree with). I also think GAAGO is another marker on the road to professionalism.

All arguable points, but there you go.